PDA

View Full Version : Atheist Brahs

GoodGolly
04-20-2013, 12:56 PM
you guys ever get tired of it all knowing that there's no real point - that we just all die in the end anyway? i'm losing my motivation to study and do pointless, bitch work all the time. considering we only have a certain amount of time before we're gone, i feel like it's a waste of time to do those things. any of you guys know this feel? how do you handle it?

GoodGolly
04-20-2013, 01:01 PM
fastm

GoetheSaid
04-20-2013, 01:03 PM
If there's no afterlife, there's even more meaning to how you spend your time alive because this is all you get. Might as well make the best of it.

JSinRL
04-20-2013, 01:30 PM
sounds like somebodies got a case of the anomie.

GreatOldOne
04-20-2013, 02:33 PM
you guys ever get tired of it all knowing that there's no real point - that we just all die in the end anyway? i'm losing my motivation to study and do pointless, bitch work all the time. considering we only have a certain amount of time before we're gone, i feel like it's a waste of time to do those things. any of you guys know this feel? how do you handle it?

i know that feel. best thing to do is go outside and go for a walk. get some exercise and do something normal with other people. don't think so much.

there's no need to romanticize the human condition in a negative light.

GreatOldOne
04-20-2013, 02:33 PM
If there's no afterlife, there's even more meaning to how you spend your time alive because this is all you get. Might as well make the best of it.

Exactly how I feel.

joecayse
04-20-2013, 02:34 PM

Well it's a question of whether or not the end result of all that work is something you want. If learning about something that you like interests you, and you want to work in that field, then of course it's worthwhile. If you're doing something you don't want to do, and you don't want the end result of that work/study, then you're clearly wasting your time. Do what you want to do, brah. Make the life you want, and if that requires some hard working hours, so be it.

Killer Wolf
04-20-2013, 03:05 PM
Its up to you to give your life purpose. Do what you enjoy.

Streetbull
04-20-2013, 04:29 PM
I rarely go to church anymore, one reason being that some of the stuff there makes me want to laugh out loud. It all seems rather ridiculous -- God having himself reborn as his son, but only to a virgin, and then somehow being tortured on a cross causes God to ask himself to redeem everyone's sins...it all seems rather silly. Why not just forgive sins and start over?

So I've become something of a deist/theist, wherein God is evolving over billions of years from a pure mechanism (deism) into a God that runs the universe (theism).

GreatOldOne
04-20-2013, 04:40 PM
I rarely go to church anymore, one reason being that some of the stuff there makes me want to laugh out loud. It all seems rather ridiculous -- God having himself reborn as his son, but only to a virgin, and then somehow being tortured on a cross causes God to ask himself to redeem everyone's sins...it all seems rather silly. Why not just forgive sins and start over?

So I've become something of a deist/theist, wherein God is evolving over billions of years from a pure mechanism (deism) into a God that runs the universe (theism).

Why don't you start a thread for your view?

Xhat1
04-20-2013, 07:56 PM

If you're really that bored with life I suggest reading the bible.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/250889_10150974884914110_1082537283_n.jpg

Not srs

Personally, I focus on my family and spending time with them. Get some people in your life that you really connect with, that is all you need.

wings_unhinged
04-20-2013, 09:20 PM

Life is what you make it.

I don't see how the promise of an eternal, supernatural "paradise" is motivating. If that's what's in my future, what's the point of even trying to make the most of my current situation?

Redwood67
04-20-2013, 10:52 PM
Even with God in your life you can still be a rudderless ship and have no motivation.

TheJimmyRustler
04-21-2013, 04:17 AM
That sounds less like "atheist sadness" and more like simple laziness/apathy.

ChickenDiapers
04-21-2013, 04:43 AM
you guys ever get tired of it all knowing that there's no real point - that we just all die in the end anyway?
It's a bitter pill to swallow, reality can be harsh

boseador
04-21-2013, 04:59 AM
When things are not going your way in life there is no point and all is absurd. When life is great and all are going your way life is great and has meaning.

Xenu304
04-21-2013, 05:06 AM
i know that feel. best thing to do is go outside and go for a walk. get some exercise and do something normal with other people. don't think so much.

there's no need to romanticize the human condition in a negative light.

Yeah.

OP, just keep repeating this phrase to yourself and all will be well.

"First World Problems."

Life is what you make it.

I don't see how the promise of an eternal, supernatural "paradise" is motivating. If that's what's in my future, what's the point of even trying to make the most of my current situation?

The description of Heaven in the Bible sounds terrible and makes me want to enjoy life more than if there was nothing.

24uuDa7S2HQ