PDA

View Full Version : Pre Workout

DustinMac8
04-16-2013, 09:24 PM
I have a little brother who is 14 and I was curious to know if he should start taking a preworkout.... feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

jejordan
04-16-2013, 09:25 PM
I have a little brother who is 14 and I was curious to know if he should start taking a preworkout.... feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

I wouldn't suggest a PRO for a 14 year old...

loic901
04-16-2013, 09:29 PM

lol those kids these days ...

No.. just like energy drink... NO

how can you have a lack of energy at 14 ..

JohnSmeton
04-16-2013, 10:03 PM
I wouldnt recommend a pre workout untill you get pretty big first.

many guys learn to depend on them to get them through a workout and these need to be incorporated when you are going through a platue after a couple years of hard lifting and good nutrition. That said when you need one check out Manic Maniac (http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ai/maniac.html)

In addtiion if you havent tried it yet, see my signature if you want free samples of it

SuperBuffOG
04-16-2013, 10:12 PM
Why isn't it suggested ? What if you only take like half a scoop for a little boost. And can someone explain to me what exactly a pre workout does. Does it help you make gains, or does it just give u energy for ur lazy butt to go workout

KwayZee
04-16-2013, 10:17 PM
Why isn't it suggested ? What if you only take like half a scoop for a little boost. And can someone explain to me what exactly a pre workout does. Does it help you make gains, or does it just give u energy for ur lazy butt to go workout

All pre-workouts are different, but the purpose of them is to provide you with extra energy. Some have in extra creatine and the like, but gains come purely from your diet, not your pre-workout.

melaneybh
04-16-2013, 10:20 PM
No, I would definitely not recommend a pre workout to someone who is only 14.

Supplements are definitely not something you would want to start relying on so young. There will be a time, when a pre workout may be necessary years from now, but at 14, with natural test and energy levels, its not a habit worth starting now.

SuperBuffOG In terms of what pre workouts do, it all depends on the pre workout, some are really energy based with a lot of stims, some have citruline malate for pumps, beta alanine for tingles. Some have a lot of ergogenic benefits. Really hard to generalize pre workout as the formulas can vary so much.

UncleWade
04-16-2013, 10:34 PM
In a word, no.

Teach him the basics with free weights and strict form, and focus on copious amounts of fresh whole foods.

mmafighterskiba
04-16-2013, 11:06 PM
how can you have a lack of energy at 14 ..

My thoughts exactly, you shouldnt need a pre at 14..

hellmuth316
04-20-2013, 08:07 PM

Strong wasting money on preworkout supplements. You're a novice lifter beta. Basically, you're gonna make gains regardless.