PDA

View Full Version : How much water with my supplements?

wsrice
04-16-2013, 06:31 PM
This may be a dumb question (probably is) but how much water should I drink per day? I have heard 1 gallon per day, but would I include the water I use to make my supplements in this 1 gallon? Or should I drink 1 gallon of water, not including the water I use in my supplements (typically 50 floz)?

I've been trying to do it the latter way, but I have been struggling to get all that down with my daily macro goals.

llahhsoj
04-16-2013, 06:41 PM
1 gallon is fine. I count all water that I drink that doesn't have caffeine in it.

bgben
04-16-2013, 06:49 PM
I don't really think there is a set amount that you have to drink. A gallon is a good amount, not an exact amount. So you don't need to worry about if you should count your shake as the water. I don't add up how much water I drink, I just drink water all day. I really don't understand how people say they struggle to drink a gallon of water. If you are an active athlete, a gallon should be no problem. I can remember Marine Corps boot camp they made us drink 8 quarts a day (2 gallons), now we were sweating in the sun all day, so for the average person that is probably way more than they need. Just make sure you are drinking water all day and you will be fine.

LiftToLive19
04-16-2013, 07:35 PM
This may be a dumb question (probably is) but how much water should I drink per day? I have heard 1 gallon per day, but would I include the water I use to make my supplements in this 1 gallon? Or should I drink 1 gallon of water, not including the water I use in my supplements (typically 50 floz)?

I've been trying to do it the latter way, but I have been struggling to get all that down with my daily macro goals.
I personally don't worry myself with my water intake. Just be mindful that you are drinking "adequate" water throughout the day. I work a desk job, so I need to make a conscious effort to make sure I am downing water throughout the day.

KimJong-il
04-16-2013, 08:33 PM

Just stay hydrated and dont worry about it to much. If your getting thirsty just take care of it. All your fluids count for your hydration.

emergency
04-16-2013, 09:04 PM
shoot for atleast a gallon a day