PDA

View Full Version : Supplements for starters?

beckcurtis
04-16-2013, 02:45 PM
Hello! I'm fairly new to the world of bodybuilding but i've developed a passion for it. I want to get the most of my workouts and I know I need the proper supplements to do so. I've been researching a lot but want different opinions from people who actually use them.. what are the most important supplements for a beginner to use?

thanks

tmd17
04-16-2013, 02:52 PM
Firstly, head over to the nutrition section and get your diet plan down before considering any supplements. This is where you're gonna see most of your gains. Looks like from your avi, you've had some great progress so you must know a thing or two. Wouldnt hurt to do a little more reading though, always something new to learn.

Some good starting supplements would be a multi and fish oil. If you need help hitting your protein macros look into whey protein. Another thing you could possibly add would be creatine. No supplements are a necessity but some compliment a solid diet very well

Big.Jazayrli
04-16-2013, 02:59 PM
Hello! I'm fairly new to the world of bodybuilding but i've developed a passion for it. I want to get the most of my workouts and I know I need the proper supplements to do so. I've been researching a lot but want different opinions from people who actually use them.. what are the most important supplements for a beginner to use?

thanks

Best thing for a beginner to do is get on the right track with their training, imo. Even moreso than diet. Then I'd work on diet.. following that I'd worry about supplementation.

Though from the get-go I would include a high quality fish oil. And once you have your wheels rolling, I'd throw in some vitamin D3, and a creatine source like a pre-workout (such as ErgoPump (http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ergogenix/ergopump.html)) or some standalone monohydrate.

cumminslifter
04-16-2013, 03:02 PM
Firstly, head over to the nutrition section and get your diet plan down before considering any supplements. This is where you're gonna see most of your gains. Looks like from your avi, you've had some great progress so you must know a thing or two. Wouldnt hurt to do a little more reading though, always something new to learn.

Some good starting supplements would be a multi and fish oil. If you need help hitting your protein macros look into whey protein. Another thing you could possibly add would be creatine. No supplements are a necessity but some compliment a solid diet very wellwow took the words out of my mouth, I would also throw in beta-alanine for a sup and maybe a pre workout (if needed) repped

beckcurtis
04-17-2013, 12:23 PM
all great advice, thanks. i've got a great diet plan from a nutritionist and i'm following tayler blackman's workout schedule (teen amateur bodybuilder) so i'm good in those areas. i'll try those supplements! thanks again