PDA

View Full Version : I made a wieght gainer

Beettoo
04-16-2013, 12:04 PM
I am 5'4 and wiegh 144lb 10% bf. I aim to put some mass on (20lbs in 4 months) hopefully mostly lean. For that purpose i decided to put together a wieght gainer because i dont have much of an appetite. Here is a precise estimate of nutritional info i could 'gather' on it (in liquid form):

Calories -874
Total carbohydrates -96g
of which sugars -77g
Protien -56g
Total Fat -31g
saturates -11g
Sodium -573mg
Potassium -1044mg

Any advice?

KwayZee
04-16-2013, 12:08 PM
Gross @ the sugar

DASBUNKER
04-16-2013, 12:16 PM
http://i.imgur.com/W0BLN.gif

snorkelman
04-16-2013, 12:19 PM
11 grams of saturated fat? What the hell is the source of that in a shake?

LiftToLive19
04-16-2013, 12:21 PM
20lbs in 4 months with that shake, eh?

Beettoo
04-16-2013, 12:26 PM
it is just basically anything i could fit in the blender and tasted great after mixing on whey with milk and peanut butter. i thot the sources wont matter much as long as im taking it immediately after workout. I forgot to metion 10g creatine mono and 5g glutamine as well.

Starkk
04-16-2013, 12:27 PM
it is just basically anything i could fit in the blender and tasted great after mixing on whey with milk and peanut butter. i thot the sources wont matter much as long as im taking it immediately after workout. I forgot to metion 10g creatine mono and 5g glutamine as well.

alternatively, you could shave your stomach and pubic region into your shake and drink it for equivalent results

TheCable
04-16-2013, 12:31 PM
alternatively, you could shave your stomach and pubic region into your shake and drink it for equivalent results

inb4 canker sores?

LiftToLive19
04-16-2013, 12:33 PM
1.) Nutrient timing is irrelevant
2.) You only need 3-5g of Creatine each day
3.) Glutamine = does nothing for muscle growth (nor do pubic hairs for that matter ;))

DASBUNKER
04-16-2013, 12:34 PM
Sources matter to an extent regardless if you take it after workout or other time, you don't need more than 3-5g creatine, you don't need glutamine.

snorkelman
04-16-2013, 12:36 PM
This whole shake is fail. Whey + milk + PB shouldn't have the breakdown you listed in your first post

Beettoo
04-16-2013, 12:43 PM
i would please like more specific suggestions. Isnt glutamine needed after workout because it is metabolized during it and is an important fract io of skeletal muscle? I rarely eat meat, do i still not need creatine? SHOULD I TOTAlly discontinue trying to add these calories or should i try to make it better, any specific suggestions regarding nutrient composition? And please i came here for learned advice not sarcasm, that i could have gotten anywhere i did not need to come here for that.

Beettoo
04-16-2013, 12:44 PM
This whole shake is fail. Whey + milk + PB shouldn't have the breakdown you listed in your first post
whey+milk+pb+a host of other things to add in the calories....

brokedown24
04-16-2013, 01:16 PM
whey+milk+pb+a host of other things to add in the calories....
Just drink more milk and take 2 sppoonful of pb after ea meal

EuropeanHammer
04-16-2013, 01:18 PM
How about you just eat a bunch you soft kent.

clifford4970
04-16-2013, 01:21 PM
You can add oats... fruits.... greek yogurt... regular yogurt... Oreos.... What does the rest of your diet look like? As having this shake after working out isnt going to make or break your gains.

Starkk
04-16-2013, 01:39 PM
OP, i make a gallon jug of 50% whole milk and 50% nutella, then sip it throughout the day, always hit my macros

beastmode47
04-16-2013, 01:44 PM
You should buy some truffles and blend it with your whey+milk+pb. Get some Godiva ones.

Never drank mass gainers or made my own weight gainer (never saw a need for it since under normal conditions I'm 180 lbs). But truffles = fat heaven. I'm sure it'll taste awesome as well.

Beettoo
04-17-2013, 12:17 AM
I attend university from 8 to 4 during that time its pretty hard for me to get any calories in im usually stuck at 400~500 by the time i get home and on top of that i cant eat much at once. Hence the need for something like this giving me a big amount of calories. I couldnt get my hands onto good carbs, only sugar, so instead i relied on fat to add calories as im under the impression that its sugar that is unhealthy not fats.

I do appreciate the suggestions given above but greek yoghurt, truffles are things ive heard first time in my life i googled them and im quite sure we dont have them here. I hate most fruits so i wouldnt want to make something that i wouldnt be able to drink. Doesnt regular yoghurt have almost the same macros as milk.

Starkk's suggestion looks more like my way out i could just blend that and fill it in a bottle and take to the uni. Although i dont quite get how much amount of nutela and milk are going in. where should i utilize my whey?

And thanks to everyone who did and who will be giving anymore suggestions. =)

Beettoo
04-17-2013, 12:30 AM
Also i dont eat meat most of the time so do i still not need as much creatine? and i read that glutamine is metabolized during workout while it is an important part of skeletal muscle so to start recovery it is needed and besides most postworkout products have it in them.

MasterBench
04-17-2013, 12:52 AM
Also i dont eat meat most of the time so do i still not need as much creatine? and i read that glutamine is metabolized during workout while it is an important part of skeletal muscle so to start recovery it is needed and besides most postworkout products have it in them.

You'll get enough glutamine in a protein rich diet. 3-5 g of creatine is enough. If you have trouble eating a shake like this fine but you don't have to make it complicates. Throw in oats, peanut butter, milk, whey, and a banana and you are good to. Just one example but you get the point

Beettoo
04-17-2013, 01:16 AM
should i be aiming for more carbs and protien or fat what should the macro ratio be?

sindibee
04-17-2013, 01:18 AM
not sherrif srs