PDA

View Full Version : Why is L-Arginine "crap"?

xxx_jfb_xxx
04-16-2013, 08:32 AM
I had say it was working great for him running. He claimed to have better endurance and recovery. Not a lot but said he could notice it.

I replied with L-Arginine isn't doing anything for you. He asked why. I said welllll the guys at BB.com told me that?

Not much to reply with. I know I took it away from my supplementation. I tried a google search to see the negatives but couldn't really find anything.

So, why is Arginine not worth the money?

Starkk
04-16-2013, 08:33 AM
science is scary as **** cuz

powercage
04-16-2013, 08:34 AM
Because oral arginine doses have not been shown to elicit nitric oxide production.

kissdadookie
04-16-2013, 08:35 AM
I had say it was working great for him running. He claimed to have better endurance and recovery. Not a lot but said he could notice it.

I replied with L-Arginine isn't doing anything for you. He asked why. I said welllll the guys at BB.com told me that?

Not much to reply with. I know I took it away from my supplementation. I tried a google search to see the negatives but couldn't really find anything.

Arginine I believe is created in the body for NO. The theory is that if arginine is created in the body for NO then supplementing with arginine should bost NO levels. The problem is that the body would want to maintain homeostasis and thus it will regulate and cancel out the extra arginine you supplement with.

jiggamanbill
04-16-2013, 08:40 AM

I swithced from Arginine to Agmatine.... But I have used both.

I'm using Agmatine (http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ai/agmatine.html) and notice a great pump with the product.

Everyone will respond differently

Valhallabound86
04-16-2013, 08:42 AM
Because it doesn't work.

hamdysayed
04-16-2013, 09:17 AM
thank you for starting this thread man here is what I experienced with arginine before ridiculous erection and veins poppin on my arms for sure then when I was about to order some with stack I will be ordering soon I posted here and a lot of people shot it down saying its waste of money so I took it down !! even aakg etc but I was looking at c4 pre workout formula it have a form of arginine also everybody say creatine is all the same and on that c4 formula they have creatine nitrate and they claim it make regular creatine look like bla!! so I am still wondering whats going on

beastmode47
04-16-2013, 09:20 AM
Post this under Supplement Science and you might get more insightful responses, as opposed to smartas responses with no validity to claims.

kissdadookie
04-16-2013, 09:25 AM
thank you for starting this thread man here is what I experienced with arginine before ridiculous erection and veins poppin on my arms for sure then when I was about to order some with stack I will be ordering soon I posted here and a lot of people shot it down saying its waste of money so I took it down !! even aakg etc but I was looking at c4 pre workout formula it have a form of arginine also everybody say creatine is all the same and on that c4 formula they have creatine nitrate and they claim it make regular creatine look like bla!! so I am still wondering whats going on

1) Arginine is pretty useless for NO.
2) Products like C4 contain arginine because those formulas were formulated around the time that arginine was still believed to be a good NO boosting ingredient.
3) Novelty forms of creatine AT BEST will be as good as creatine mono but there has been no evidence that the novelty forms of creatine are better than creatine mono.
4) Concentrated forms of creatine like Con-Cret is bunk, to effectively dose them, you end up taking the same dosing of creatine as you would have with creatine mono thus leading one to wonder, how exactly has it been concentrated apart from concentrating on draining your wallet quicker for less product.

powercage
04-16-2013, 09:26 AM
Post this under Supplement Science and you might get more insightful responses, as opposed to smartas responses with no validity to claims.

My response is dead on.

Starkk
04-16-2013, 09:30 AM
if you expose this dead horse to a larger crowd that is willing to kick it more, it will receive more kicks

beastmode47
04-16-2013, 09:30 AM
My response is dead on.

I give you that. It is the most insightful response in this thread by a long a shot. But the OP, from what it seems like, is looking for details and perhaps some scientific backing.

powercage
04-16-2013, 09:35 AM
I give you that. It is the most insightful response in this thread by a long a shot. But the OP, from what it seems like, is looking for details and perhaps some scientific backing.http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124049701

kissdadookie
04-16-2013, 09:36 AM
I give you that. It is the most insightful response in this thread by a long a shot. But the OP, from what it seems like, is looking for details and perhaps some scientific backing.

I've already mentioned the science that backs up supplementing with arginine as not really doing much to boost NO levels due to the body's natural tendency to maintain homeostasis. Dilated vessels and increased blood flow is something that your body will counter with especially since that's not exactly a healthy and good thing as far as your body is concerned (not saying it's unhealthy, but your body's natural reaction is to counteract it). You can do a little digging around, you would come to the same findings.

Basically, the whole arginine boosting NO theory is really just a theory, in vitro and on paper, it seems to work, but in practice within the environment in the body, it doesn't work out the same as theorized.

hamdysayed
04-16-2013, 09:38 AM

sounds about right :) I know I am going for agmatine to try it since I already tried arginine n it was ok

snorkelman
04-16-2013, 09:52 AM
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124049701

I miss nohype. Is he still posting? Anyone similar posting, but with a different username?

powercage
04-16-2013, 09:54 AM
I miss nohype. Is he still posting? Anyone similar posting, but with a different username?

He's still around, just hasnt been on in the past couple weeks.

xxx_jfb_xxx
04-16-2013, 12:08 PM
Thanks guys - my bad for the wrong post area. I think I got my answer though. NOHYPE's thread was awesome