PDA

View Full Version : Gainer and Protien Whey and Fat

godvshell
04-16-2013, 05:26 AM
Hello , i have been searching in the forum but couldnt find the exact answer to my question.
i am 19 years old , my weight is 80 KG ( 176 lbs ) , 175 cm tall
i start using 100% gold standard whey protein ( this was my first time )
i want to gain muscles not fat
now after i finished the 48 serving , some of my friend suggested that i should take gainer , they said its better for me ,
but i saw that gainers has 500-800 calories ,
if i start taking gainer would i also gain some fat ? or should i use gainer with fat burner ?
i am not gonna ask that is the best gainer, cuz there are alot of posts about the subject

thank you for ur time

snorkelman
04-16-2013, 05:37 AM
You do not seem to understand the basics of nutrition. No whey or gainer will magically make you gain muscle.

You didn't even make clear what your goal is (lose fat or gain muscle).

It all comes down to calories in vs out for your goal.

I suggest that you spend some time reading these three stickies:

"Nutrition For Newbies & Must Read Threads." http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136691851

"Pre, During, & Postworkout Nutrition." http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=123915821

"Calculating Calories and macronutrient needs." http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981

Grinese24
04-16-2013, 05:39 AM
Gainer = weight gain.

Wot is weight?

Mostly fat with a little muscle, because we are genetically limited to muscle gain but not as limited with fat gain.

Just eat normal food you money wasting noob

godvshell
04-16-2013, 05:43 AM
Gainer = weight gain.

Wot is weight?

Mostly fat with a little muscle, because we are genetically limited to muscle gain but not as limited with fat gain.

Just eat normal food you money wasting noob

lol wasting money noob ?! haha i have been working out too much , i bought a protien powder or any other supplement once it cost me 30 dollars haha , 30 dollars in 19 years makes me wasting money noob ?
i work out hard but i guess i have a genetic problem that stops me from getting big ( muscles not fat )

godvshell
04-16-2013, 05:44 AM
You do not seem to understand the basics of nutrition. No whey or gainer will magically make you gain muscle.

You didn't even make clear what your goal is (lose fat or gain muscle).

It all comes down to calories in vs out for your goal.

I suggest that you spend some time reading these three stickies:

"Nutrition For Newbies & Must Read Threads."

"Pre, During, & Postworkout Nutrition."

"Calculating Calories and macronutrient needs."

my goal is to gain muscles without gaining fat .
i will read the articles thanks

kissdadookie
04-16-2013, 05:56 AM
Hello , i have been searching in the forum but couldnt find the exact answer to my question.
i am 19 years old , my weight is 80 KG ( 176 lbs ) , 175 cm tall
i start using 100% gold standard whey protein ( this was my first time )
now after i finished the 48 serving , some of my friend suggested that i should take gainer , they said its better for me ,
but i saw that gainers has 500-800 calories ,
if i start taking gainer would i also gain some fat ? or should i use gainer with fat burner ?
i am not gonna ask that is the best gainer, cuz there are alot of posts about the subject

thank you for ur time

You will gain some fat but if you start off with a moderate caloric surplus of 100-200 calories, you can bulk and prevent too much fat gain.

As for gainers, get yourself carb powder (bulk malto). For adding fat, get a tub of coconut oil. Many people suggests adding peanut butter, oats, etc. to your shake to up the calories in your shake but for me personally, I am on an IF schedule so I can't always or want to take in so much food that is filling thus for me, it's easier to just eat the coconut oil for added fats and mix maltodexterin into my shakes.

Remember, it's calories in and calories out. If you do a daily surplus of like 500 calories, you could end up gaining more fat than lean mass so you have to play around with it. Figure out your maintenance, add 100-200 calories to that, give it a three weeks or so and check the mirror. If your gaining too much fat too quickly, reduce that caloric surplus by 100 calories or so. If you are not gaining any weight at all, add another 100-200 calories to your earlier surplus calculation.

llahhsoj
04-16-2013, 06:30 AM
You will gain some fat but if you start off with a moderate caloric surplus of 100-200 calories, you can bulk and prevent too much fat gain.

As for gainers, get yourself carb powder (bulk malto). For adding fat, get a tub of coconut oil. Many people suggests adding peanut butter, oats, etc. to your shake to up the calories in your shake but for me personally, I am on an IF schedule so I can't always or want to take in so much food that is filling thus for me, it's easier to just eat the coconut oil for added fats and mix maltodexterin into my shakes.

Remember, it's calories in and calories out. If you do a daily surplus of like 500 calories, you could end up gaining more fat than lean mass so you have to play around with it. Figure out your maintenance, add 100-200 calories to that, give it a three weeks or so and check the mirror. If your gaining too much fat too quickly, reduce that caloric surplus by 100 calories or so. If you are not gaining any weight at all, add another 100-200 calories to your earlier surplus calculation.

Excellent advice right here!

ryzaar
04-16-2013, 06:57 AM
Fat gain isn't too big of a deal. If it results in more strength/muscle, then keep going with it, and just shed it off (called 'cutting') when you feel it is necessary. Either way, caloric surplus is necessary for muscle gain, so you're bound to put on at least a little bit of fat.

kissdadookie
04-16-2013, 07:02 AM
Fat gain isn't too big of a deal. If it results in more strength/muscle, then keep going with it, and just shed it off (called 'cutting') when you feel it is necessary. Either way, caloric surplus is necessary for muscle gain, so you're bound to put on at least a little bit of fat.

Depends, if you go over 15% bf, it's an absolute pain in the arse to cut it back down to low bf %'s without losing too much lean mass. IMHO not worth it. Honestly, 13% is a good bf % before going into the territory of diminishing returns.

godvshell
04-16-2013, 12:27 PM

Depends, if you go over 15% bf, it's an absolute pain in the arse to cut it back down to low bf %'s without losing too much lean mass. IMHO not worth it. Honestly, 13% is a good bf % before going into the territory of diminishing returns.

thank you guys for the help ,
i guess i got like 20% bf , idk what the real %
so i should lose weight first , lose most of the fat and then gain muscle ,
a month that most of my workout time should be running and doing bicycle , and then mostly lifting weights
would it be good ?

rhadam
04-16-2013, 12:39 PM
my goal is to gain muscles without gaining fat .
i will read the articles thanks

It's tough to gain pure muscle without fat. If you want to do that you'll have to be meticulous with your diet to make sure you're eating only a few hundred calories over maintenance, and it will take you a long long time to gain that muscle.

Grinese24
04-16-2013, 05:47 PM
lol wasting money noob ?! haha i have been working out too much , i bought a protien powder or any other supplement once it cost me 30 dollars haha , 30 dollars in 19 years makes me wasting money noob ?
i work out hard but i guess i have a genetic problem that stops me from getting big ( muscles not fat )

Workout too much?

You haven't heard of CT Fletcher have you?

godvshell
04-17-2013, 10:46 AM
Workout too much?

You haven't heard of CT Fletcher have you?

lol ya i have heard him , it was translation mistake , i meant i have been working out for couple of years