PDA

View Full Version : Bro's that have dirty bulk and lean bulked (gtfih)

KevinO541
04-16-2013, 01:19 AM
Debating on whether to bulk hard or lean bulk. This is just my 2nd bulk first one lasted around 4 months

Questions
Was the dirty bulk worth it? In terms of gains?

Was the lean bulk worth not getting as fat and gains ?Oppose to dirty bulk?

What I mean by dirty bulk is about a 1pound of weight a week and lean bulk .5 a week. Thanks brahs hope to hear from yall.

LiftCore
04-16-2013, 01:26 AM
Personally I would say that if your main goal is aesthetics/physique orientated, you have little reason to dirty bulk. If it was strength on the other hand, then a dirty bulk could possibly have benefits.

GangaBanga
04-16-2013, 01:29 AM
I disagree with people saying to lean bulk, unless you are almost perfect with counting your macros (which most people like me arnt) then dirty bulk is the way.

If i had a lean bulk mentality i dont think i'd be anywhere near as thick and strong as i am know (inb4 fat phuck)

LiftCore
04-16-2013, 01:34 AM
I disagree with people saying to lean bulk, unless you are almost perfect with counting your macros (which most people like me arnt) then dirty bulk is the way.

If i had a lean bulk mentality i dont think i'd be anywhere near as thick and strong as i am know (inb4 fat phuck)

I would say the best point would almost be an "in between point". Where you aren't trying to be in a surplus of something as small as 200-250, because that is extremely hard to manage accurately, but you aren't going overboard by hitting a 1000+ surplus. Something at 500-700 is my preference. There does become a point where the "dirtiness" of a bulk can become counterproductive, and any possible extrastrength/LBM gains are outweighed by the immense fat gain in comparison to a leaner bulk.

KevinO541
04-16-2013, 01:43 AM
I would say the best point would almost be an "in between point". Where you aren't trying to be in a surplus of something as small as 200-250, because that is extremely hard to manage accurately, but you aren't going overboard by hitting a 1000+ surplus. Something at 500-700 is my preference. There does become a point where the "dirtiness" of a bulk can become counterproductive, and any possible extrastrength/LBM gains are outweighed by the immense fat gain in comparison to a leaner bulk.

Agree. Having had only one succesfull bulk in the past ill stay in around a pound a week. Just bulking for 4 months anyways, plus i love hitting PR's weekly.

zcd style
04-16-2013, 01:49 AM
currently on a lean bulk

http://imgur.com/a/mE1e4

KobiDC
04-16-2013, 01:55 AM
If your goal is to improve your physique and you dirty bulk, you eventually reach a point where increasing your caloric surplus rewards you with increasingly diminishing rewards. If you're already gaining muscle mass at the maximal rate for natural athletes (about 2lbs a month), increasing your calories won't yield any more muscle mass, only fat tissue. Dirty bulking is great for strength and mass gains, but if you want to improve your body composition - I definitely wouldn't recommend it to the everyday person.

KevinO541
04-16-2013, 01:56 AM
currently on a lean bulk

http://imgur.com/a/mE1e4

Mirin Bro. But can't really tell if you made any gains. A before and after pic would be better. Whats your surplus at ?

zcd style
04-16-2013, 02:16 AM
Mirin Bro. But can't really tell if you made any gains. A before and after pic would be better. Whats your surplus at ?

3100 is maintenance, i eat anywhere under 3800

jollynz
04-16-2013, 03:11 AM
Lean bulk in my opinion, being able to get your kit off confidently mid-bulk and still turn heads is awesome.

Just remember, you are bulking, so you don't have to feel guilty when you eat that **** you probably shouldn't have. Gotta live life.

Gxp23
04-16-2013, 03:21 AM
lean bulk all the way, no contest.

KevinO541
04-16-2013, 06:21 PM
Alright thanks bros. Will do.

softpounder
04-16-2013, 06:41 PM
You probably already made your mind by now OP, but I did a dirty bulk for 3 months and regretted it. Gained 1lbs-1.25lbs a week and it was a bit too much fat imo. That's probably because I was skinny fat to begin with so it didn't make me look better.

I'm now cutting for 1 month to reverse some damage, then reverse diet up to clean bulk again because many people have great success by going at a tortoise rate. Clean bulkers gain 0.5lb a week and look great in the long run.

KevinO541
04-16-2013, 07:06 PM
You probably already made your mind by now OP, but I did a dirty bulk for 3 months and regretted it. Gained 1lbs-1.25lbs a week and it was a bit too much fat imo. That's probably because I was skinny fat to begin with so it didn't make me look better.

I'm now cutting for 1 month to reverse some damage, then reverse diet up to clean bulk again because many people have great success by going at a tortoise rate. Clean bulkers gain 0.5lb a week and look great in the long run.

Yea i get you bro. But this just being my second actual bulk i want to max out the gains i could make, compared to if i bulked in a few years the muscle gains would be lower. I gained about 25 pounds on my last bulk most of it was fat but im happy with the results it gave me. 4 month bulk and 3 months cut thread to bulk and cut pics

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153049221