PDA

View Full Version : A few Supp questions

tgggd86
04-15-2013, 05:02 PM
Long time lurker, first post. Hoping to get some feedback on my current stack.

I'm currently deployed and looking to do some bulking while I'm out here. First be aware it is near impossible to control my diet. My meals are Breakfast: 6PM, Lunch: 1AM and Dinner 6AM. Eating more often than that or varying from those times is impossible. I workout between 9PM and 10PM and am currently doing Kris Gethin's DTP program.

I'm 25, 5'9", 160lbs and average around 10-12% BF currently. Can see my Bodyspace for some month and 1/2 old progress photos.

Alright so here is my current stack;

Pre-workout: Still seeking one I really like. LOVED the OG Jack3d. HATED NOxplode OG/2.0 and MRI Blackpowder. Based on what I've read, I'm thinking about giving Hemavol a shot.

Intro/Post-Workout: Xtend

Post-workout: Gold Standard 100% Whey, thinking of replacing this with ON Pro Gainer to gain some weight since I've been around 160 for a few years.

Taken with Lunch: Animal Pak, NOW Ultra Omega-3, Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite

Before bed: Gold Standard Casein

Now, I've been also thinking of taking a T-Booster (Animal Test) to help me gain some weight too, but not sure if it's worth taking at my age.

Also not sure about adding a Creatine supp in here, mainly due to it being in almost every pre-workout and some Proteins.

Thanks in advance!

Elliptical Envy
04-15-2013, 05:09 PM
Based on your favorite pre-workout choice, I'd say you like DMAA products, so a non-stimulant pre-workout might not be your cup of tea. I do believe that I-Force has Maximize available, and that will stack well with Hemavol.

Intra-workout/post-workout - I'd use Xtend as an intra-workout only, which it seems like that is what you are doing.

Post-workout - if you want to bulk, then you are going to need to fit in some extra calories somewhere. A gainer would work, but it could get pretty expensive. You could easily buy your favorite protein and buy some maltodextrin to make your own gainer.

I'm not sure why you are taking a fat burner when your goal is bulking, that does seem a bit odd to me. I'm pretty indifferent about Animal Pak and NOW Ultra Omega 3, so feel free to use them if you want.

Before bed - I'm pretty indifferent about Gold Standard Casein. If you like it, then keep on using it.

A test booster will not magically help you put on weight, you'll have to consume a calorie excess to achieve that goal. I'm a fan of creatine monohydrate, so you can purchase that if you like.

tgggd86
04-15-2013, 06:27 PM
Based on your favorite pre-workout choice, I'd say you like DMAA products, so a non-stimulant pre-workout might not be your cup of tea. I do believe that I-Force has Maximize available, and that will stack well with Hemavol.

Intra-workout/post-workout - I'd use Xtend as an intra-workout only, which it seems like that is what you are doing.

Post-workout - if you want to bulk, then you are going to need to fit in some extra calories somewhere. A gainer would work, but it could get pretty expensive. You could easily buy your favorite protein and buy some maltodextrin to make your own gainer.

I'm not sure why you are taking a fat burner when your goal is bulking, that does seem a bit odd to me. I'm pretty indifferent about Animal Pak and NOW Ultra Omega 3, so feel free to use them if you want.

Before bed - I'm pretty indifferent about Gold Standard Casein. If you like it, then keep on using it.

A test booster will not magically help you put on weight, you'll have to consume a calorie excess to achieve that goal. I'm a fan of creatine monohydrate, so you can purchase that if you like.

Well I not only liked jack3d, I've also enjoyed Platinum pre and C4. But I haven't liked something as much as I liked jack3d. I am very stimulant tolerant, so I would prefer to use a Pre-workout with a stimulant.

I'm thinking about cutting out the fat burner. I have it in there mainly to keep my energy levels up since it really helps me focus at work.

So for creatine, any recommended dosage and times I should be taking it? thanks!

Elliptical Envy
04-15-2013, 06:32 PM
Well I not only liked jack3d, I've also enjoyed Platinum pre and C4. But I haven't liked something as much as I liked jack3d. I am very stimulant tolerant, so I would prefer to use a Pre-workout with a stimulant.

I'm thinking about cutting out the fat burner. I have it in there mainly to keep my energy levels up since it really helps me focus at work.

So for creatine, any recommended dosage and times I should be taking it? thanks!

Driven Sports Craze http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/drivensports/craze.html is really a great stimulant pre-workout product. I tend to use it for studying or just for energy as well, so you can get more bang for your buck. I haven't tried C4 or Platinum Pre, so go with whatever you like.

I'd go with 3-5 grams of creatine monohydrate daily. Creatine monohydrate can be taken at any point in the day, so you have options.

EPolis13
04-15-2013, 06:41 PM
I agree with EE that it sounds like you'd gravitate towards the stim pres. You could stack Hemavol with something like Maximize Intense or White Flood for that effect, esp if you want to try Hemavol to see how you like it. It's a very popular choice for a pre-workout.

Creatine: 2-5g/d, no loading needed, taken whenever.

You don't need casein before bed - you won't go catabolic overnight. If you like it, cool - I just don't want you to think it's necessary to prevent muscle loss overnight.

Post-WO, you can just eat real food. If you want a homemade gainer, use your favorite whey and then add calorie dense foods: oats, PB, etc.

tgggd86
04-15-2013, 07:15 PM
Driven Sports Craze is really a great stimulant pre-workout product. I tend to use it for studying or just for energy as well, so you can get more bang for your buck. I haven't tried C4 or Platinum Pre, so go with whatever you like.

I'd go with 3-5 grams of creatine monohydrate daily. Creatine monohydrate can be taken at any point in the day, so you have options.

Thanks for your help! I actually just decided to pull the trigger on Craze! Repped!

I agree with EE that it sounds like you'd gravitate towards the stim pres. You could stack Hemavol with something like Maximize Intense or White Flood for that effect, esp if you want to try Hemavol to see how you like it. It's a very popular choice for a pre-workout.

Creatine: 2-5g/d, no loading needed, taken whenever.

You don't need casein before bed - you won't go catabolic overnight. If you like it, cool - I just don't want you to think it's necessary to prevent muscle loss overnight.

Post-WO, you can just eat real food. If you want a homemade gainer, use your favorite whey and then add calorie dense foods: oats, PB, etc.

I wish I could eat real food post workout, but then you're talking about Afghan KFC... That's good for nobody. I agree with you about Casein, I have it around in case I feel I haven't had enough protein throughout the day.

Elliptical Envy
04-15-2013, 07:20 PM
Thank you for serving our country, tggg. Good luck with your bulk.

EPolis13
04-15-2013, 07:26 PM
Thank you for serving our country, tggg. Good luck with your bulk.

Strong this.

ryzaar
04-15-2013, 07:39 PM
I think all has been answered, but keep an eye out on a new PWO coming soon called Ritual. I'm pretty stim tolerant, 400mg caffeine doesn't do much for me (and I refuse to continue that does as it restricts my breathing). The ingredient profile looks like a Craze V2, which is great because Craze has a similar effect to DMAA.

As far as the casein stuff- whether it works or not, it's extra protein and calories, so it's not exactly a waste. I just wouldn't pump a lot of money into it in future. Oh and I wouldn't replace your PWO protein with a gainer, I'd probably just have the gainer separately as an additional meal sometime throughout the day.

Good luck, hope you find something that works well!