PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good mass gainer

TRod182000
04-15-2013, 04:26 PM
I weigh 166 pounds and having trouble gaining weight, I'd like to put on about 5-20 pounds. Any suggestions?

mtownballer20
04-15-2013, 04:34 PM
Food is your best bet. Go to the nutrition section and see how many calories you should be intaking and eat 300-500 more than that. But if your set on taking a mass gainer, look into Mass-Tech (http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/muscletech/mass-tech.html).

cumminslifter
04-15-2013, 04:54 PM
do you not enjoy eating?

matthewebbert
04-15-2013, 05:00 PM
tablespoon of olive oil best and easy way to gained mass..

Redfish225
04-15-2013, 05:02 PM
Dat dere cell tech

Elliptical Envy
04-15-2013, 05:41 PM
I weigh 166 pounds and having trouble gaining weight, I'd like to put on about 5-20 pounds. Any suggestions?

How many calories are you eating per day and what is your macronutrient breakdown? I'm pretty confident that your trouble gaining weight stems from a lack of calories.

AJL1
04-15-2013, 06:15 PM
Keep in mind that a mass gainer is not a magic powder which makes you gain mass; it is powdered protein with a heap of carbs which will help you achieve a caloric surplus and gain mass.

If you do insist on getting one (ie. unable to get your calories through food) then there are a lot of good options. I have heard good things about Mass Tech, BSN True Mass as well as ON Pro Complex Gainer. Perhaps try to get your hands on a few samples and see what you like best?

brazilianbadboy
04-15-2013, 06:42 PM
Check out Mass Peak http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/inn/masspeak.html

and Anabolic Peak http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/inner-armour/anabolic-peak.html

cumminslifter
04-15-2013, 07:18 PM
Check out Mass Peak http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/inn/masspeak.html

and Anabolic Peak http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/inner-armour/anabolic-peak.htmlnice product pimpin. lol

jevaki
04-15-2013, 07:30 PM
do you not enjoy eating?

I'm sure he enjoys eating just like we all do, but some people just cannot get down enough food in one day. (Myself included) Thus why mass gainers exist.

TRod, I've used several mass gainers to get about an extra 400 calories a day. (All these below in vanilla)

Mass Tech: Best taste, works well.
Muscle Mass: Not the best taste, mixes great, decent results.
ON Pro Complex Gainer: Decent taste, my favorite formula, and what i use a few times a week now.
ON Serious Mass: Decent taste, LOADS of carbs. If your wanting just pure weight this is the one, but its not going to be clean.

My recommendation is Pro Complex or Mass Tech.

Elliptical Envy
04-15-2013, 07:34 PM
I'm sure he enjoys eating just like we all do, but some people just cannot get down enough food in one day. (Myself included) Thus why mass gainers exist.

TRod, I've used several mass gainers to get about an extra 400 calories a day. (All these below in vanilla)

ON Pro Complex Gainer: Decent taste, my favorite formula, and what i use a few times a week now.
ON Serious Mass: Decent taste, LOADS of carbs. If your wanting just pure weight this is the one, but its not going to be clean.

My recommendation is Pro Complex or Mass Tech.

Define clean weight? Do you add a capful of bleach per pound gained?

cumminslifter
04-15-2013, 07:55 PM

My recommendation is Pro Complex or Mass Tech.then make your own, whey,icecream,oats,PB=best weightgainer

jevaki
04-15-2013, 08:23 PM
then make your own, whey,icecream,oats,PB=best weightgainer

On days where I can that is what I do... But I dont always have the convenience of a blender, oatmeal, peanut butter, protein, etc.
Your missing the point of a mass gainer; convenient, easy solution for people who can't get enough whole food during the day.

ryzaar
04-15-2013, 08:26 PM
In Aus, mass gainers are all pretty expensive ($120+ for 10lbs) and so I like to make sure I get the MOST for my buck. I made up an excel spreadsheet to find out which has the most calories per kg, and to see where these calories came from.

http://i50.tinypic.com/66xbnq.png

I'll attach the spreadsheet which is pretty easy to use if you have a basic understanding for excel. This only includes reasonably priced Mass Gainers in Aussie online stores, so there's more you can add if you like. You basically just plug in the values from the nutritional label in the Input Sheet and the values appear on the Output sheet. All values are calculated per 1000g, but this can be changed under the heading on the output sheet.

It may be a bit over the top, but this helped me find just what I wanted nutritionally, and for the best price.

Attachment: 5564971

EDIT: The way to use this is look at the protein/carb/fat content, see how many carbs come from sugars etc... just work out which one is actually worth the price. For example, $120 for a bag that is mostly all carbs, you should avoid, instead look at ones with higher protein content.

gre3nary
04-15-2013, 09:29 PM

Amp mass xxx works like a charm

TRod182000
04-16-2013, 08:12 AM
Sure I like to eat guys I eat 5 times a day and try to eat good and clean as possible. But I cannot afford to eat the greatest so Im trying to find a good cheap mass gainer to help me out and also last a good month or so, as I bought a 2pound tub of mhp up your mass, took it 2 times a day and after 3 days the tub was empty. So I was looking for something that's gonna last longer without having to spend too much, I was thinking about weider mega mass 2000. Has anybody tried this and does it work?

jiggamanbill
04-16-2013, 08:21 AM

If you want to save some cash, find a protein you like, and add fruit, yogurt, milk, PB, Oats, etc... to meet your Marcors... Plus it will be delicious

Elliptical Envy
04-16-2013, 08:22 AM
Sure I like to eat guys I eat 5 times a day and try to eat good and clean as possible. But I cannot afford to eat the greatest so Im trying to find a good cheap mass gainer to help me out and also last a good month or so, as I bought a 2pound tub of mhp up your mass, took it 2 times a day and after 3 days the tub was empty. So I was looking for something that's gonna last longer without having to spend too much, I was thinking about weider mega mass 2000. Has anybody tried this and does it work?

Maybe you should stop trying to eat so "clean".

aaronuconn
04-16-2013, 08:30 AM
Food is your best bet. Go to the nutrition section and see how many calories you should be intaking and eat 300-500 more than that. But if your set on taking a mass gainer, look into Mass-Tech (http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/muscletech/mass-tech.html).

If you want to save some cash, find a protein you like, and add fruit, yogurt, milk, PB, Oats, etc... to meet your Marcors... Plus it will be delicious
These for sure. I love making my own. Mass-Tech and Scivation's weight gainer are great options.