PDA

View Full Version : Need supplement help, newb

mikesavvy
04-15-2013, 02:36 PM
Simple start, lost about 47 lbs so far, gor 60 more to go, start training sessions for 2 months, with personal trainer and nutritionist.

Goal, gain lots of muscle and lower body fat percentage.

Done research. and nutritionist will not give supplment advice, other than a multi vit. and personal trainer, there are a few, and they all say different things.

Here is the list, before i put in the order. please give me some insight. if need stats, i am 5 10, 235, 23, male. fat percentage about 30%

I already have the multi vit and whey protien that has about 60 grams of protien per serving.

Muscle Pharm ZMA Max

Cellucor Super HD Capsules, 60 Count

MusclePharm CLA Core - 90 Softgels

Con-Cret Creatine with Micro-Dosing Unflavored 48 servings, 1.27 Ounce Tub x2

Optimum Nutrition Glutamine Powder, 300g

Nature Made Fish Oil Omega-3 1200mg, 300 Softgel

this list is composed of 3 differ trianers, they all give me new things to add to the list.

insight for a newb please :(

KwayZee
04-15-2013, 02:49 PM
Don't need the CLA or the Glutamine and if you're looking for a good deal on Creatine HCL, check out: CreaCore (http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/muscletech/creacore.html) :) It's the best deal around for HCL! Especially with it being Buy 2 Get 1 Free right now!

MagicRobJK
04-15-2013, 02:53 PM
Looking at your stats and goals - you're focusing completely on weight loss?

Although I know you are probably eager to get started and go for the dream body you're thinking of, at 30% bf you shouldn't really be looking at trying to bulk/gain muscle. Your main priority right now should be getting yourself into a lean enough state to focus on weightlifting. I presume your personal trainer has given you a decent cardio regimen, and you have your diet on track? (Looking at your 47lbs weightloss so far you're obviously doing something right).

Supplements should not be the way to go at the moment. A multivitamin is a good idea for anybody doing any fitness programme, as it serves to keep your body's defence systems at their highest throughout the programme... You wouldn't necessarily even need whey protein - look for your daily protein intake in whole foods ! They will also help you to feel more full throughout the day.

Unfortunately, there are no magic pills that make fat melt away - I fear this is what you might be hoping for !

Get your diet sorted, keep going with your routine at the moment and get yourself down to a goal bf% of about 10-15%. When you reach that point you should look at getting a good muscle building programme (ask your trainer) and THEN maybe start looking at creatine/glutamine/whey shakes.

The only supplements that MIGHT help you in this situation are natural ones such as Green Tea Extract, or similar. Keep up with your weightloss and be patient, you will get there.

Good luck!

mikesavvy
04-15-2013, 03:10 PM
Hey Magic, i agree with you, i got a long long long way to go, i am just listening to those who have a better understanding of being fit.

The way the nutritionist set it up, is i eat 1600 calories a day, 170 grams of protien, the nutritionist works with one of the trainers once a week.

I have been putting off the training and diet plan, trying to get mentally prepared.

From my understanding there goal is to promote long term weight loss by getting me to gain muscle and fixing my eating habits.

The fat percentage is a guess, the nutritionist and trainer did some test i guess, and told me i have about 175 of lean mass, dunno what that means.

I have back injuries, and the doctor said, 1 lose weigth and 2 build my core.

I do cardie 6 days a week. Essentially i ate the same and 47 lbs in about 3 months.

j1zip
04-15-2013, 03:42 PM
Your nutritionist has you on a good plan, I would stick with his or her advise. When you reach 15 percent body fat, I think that may be a good time to start looking into putting on some serious muscle and maybe using supplements. Great job on the weight loss!

MagicRobJK
04-16-2013, 01:30 AM
Hey Magic, i agree with you, i got a long long long way to go, i am just listening to those who have a better understanding of being fit.

The way the nutritionist set it up, is i eat 1600 calories a day, 170 grams of protien, the nutritionist works with one of the trainers once a week.

I have been putting off the training and diet plan, trying to get mentally prepared.

From my understanding there goal is to promote long term weight loss by getting me to gain muscle and fixing my eating habits.

The fat percentage is a guess, the nutritionist and trainer did some test i guess, and told me i have about 175 of lean mass, dunno what that means.

I have back injuries, and the doctor said, 1 lose weigth and 2 build my core.

I do cardie 6 days a week. Essentially i ate the same and 47 lbs in about 3 months.

If you have 175lbs of lean mass, weigh yourself to find out your total mass, the difference is your body fat. You can work that out as a percentage if you like. Fix your eating habits and look at weight loss - I wouldn't necessarily worry about gaining muscle other than the muscle that is developed through your general fitness. Any more muscle gains may come with slight fat gains and if anything will show on the scale that you haven't lost as much weight as you may want, which could affect your motivation.

Do exactly what the pro's have said, work on your core, lose weight, and change your goals when you get down to about 15% bf.

jb789019
04-16-2013, 01:57 AM
dude just work out you'll get results

jollynz
04-16-2013, 02:45 AM
dude just work out you'll get results

Agreed. It's largely mental games. I gave my flat mate a fake pre workout (just juice flavouring) and told him it was a double scoop of The Curse. He claimed to have the best workout of his life.
Moral of the story is that hard work > any supplement. Keep at it bro.