PDA

View Full Version : should i take creatine? not 100% sure

louiestein92
04-15-2013, 06:54 AM
Hi everyone. Im 6 feet tall and 238 pounds, 23% body fat. I have lost almost 115 pounds, i was 350 3 years ago. I was wondering if i should take added creatine. I already take pre and post workout.. Is that enough creatine or should i add more? Still want to lose another 30 maybe 40 pounds so would this slow down my progress just based on the water weight?

VendettaV2b
04-15-2013, 06:57 AM
Hi everyone. Im 6 feet tall and 238 pounds, 23% body fat. I have lost almost 115 pounds, i was 350 3 years ago. I was wondering if i should take added creatine. I already take pre and post workout.. Is that enough creatine or should i add more? Still want to lose another 30 maybe 40 pounds so would this slow down my progress just based on the water weight?

Only need around 5g of creatine a day (one heaped teaspoon)

Diesel0022
04-15-2013, 06:58 AM
You only need 3 grams a day to maintain saturation.

Creatine does not work off independent doses, it builds up intra-muscularly and works off saturation over a period of time.

snorkelman
04-15-2013, 07:12 AM
Still want to lose another 30 maybe 40 pounds so would this slow down my progress just based on the water weight?

Creatine will make you GAIN weight, but it is not fat. Creatine works by pulling water into the muscles. Your muscles will look fuller, but your scale will reflect weight, not fat gain.

mtownballer20
04-15-2013, 07:27 AM
Creatine will make you GAIN weight, but it is not fat. Creatine works by pulling water into the muscles. Your muscles will look fuller, but your scale will reflect weight, not fat gain.

Came to say this. If your mind is set on numbers and numbers only, creatine might mess with you.

supermaz
04-15-2013, 07:39 AM

wow congrats on the weight loss so far and good luck in the future man.

but with my opinion YES!! i love creatine. if you are taking it pre and post for most people that is enough. i like it take it pre post, AM and PM myself. its cheap enough that if you take to much you piss it out but i want to make sure i take enough for sure.

rhadam
04-15-2013, 09:00 AM

You're trying to lose fat, so why would you care about water weight? Hint: you don't, it's water, not fat.

Yes creatine can be very beneficial during a cut.

louiestein92
04-15-2013, 09:44 AM
Thanks for the help guys

JRyG
04-15-2013, 10:07 AM
No reason not to take creatine.

People are split on whether or not you need a load phase. I do, which would be 2 x 5 g daily (two heaped teaspoons) for a week, then down to 5 g daily. As for cycling, probably not necessary, but I like to cycle off everything at some point just so the body isn't receiving it on an indefinite basis, and to feel the benefit of going back on.

No negative effects, and the positives you'll notice. I have a measurable increase in strength on as opposed to off. Like I said, you'll notice the difference yourself. Be sure to increase water intake.