PDA

View Full Version : Do yall have trouble sleeping?

h20king
04-15-2013, 01:05 AM
I been working out 6 days a week with C4 pre... Are sleeping pills ok to take? I wanna start sleeping at 11pm not 4am

AJL1
04-15-2013, 01:09 AM
It sounds like you need to get in good sleep habits before you start popping pills. Try going to bed earlier, and stay away from tv/internet for an hour or so beforehand.

robreynolds1234
04-15-2013, 01:10 AM
Yes I always have trouble sleeping when I take Pre-Workout Supplements, never taken C4 though.

SuperBuffOG
04-15-2013, 01:20 AM
on school days i sleep at like 3 am wake up at 7 am, after school i take a nap from like 3 or 4 to 8-9

Impregnator
04-15-2013, 02:46 AM
take c4 earlier in the day before working out, try not to work out right before bed.
stay away from your bed until its time to sleep
try to wake up earlier so you can goto bed earlier
melatonin.

Outside backer
04-15-2013, 03:44 AM
how late are you taking your pre. can you switch up gym schedules

maybe look for a non stim pre like hemavol

or get you something like ErgoZzz ZMA plus melatonin to help settle you in for night night land

Complex89
04-15-2013, 06:16 AM
Ask yourself... If you were getting enough sleep, would you need the C4? I've never taken it before, but I would suggest you either cut down or get off of it if its keeping you from getting your sleep. You need sleep for both muscle recovery and energy. Save yourself some money and stress, man. Don't start using any sleeping pills until you've exhausted all options. You don't want to become dependent on those. It'll mess you up even more in the long run...

joregorn
04-15-2013, 06:19 AM
An hour before you wish to sleep starting turning off lights. You can leave a tv on or a computer just turn off over head lighting. Then about 30 mins pre bed turn off everything. Seems to allow me to go to sleep very quickly.

llahhsoj
04-15-2013, 06:22 AM
Possibly a nonstimulant PRE like Push 10 ( http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/muscle-tech/push10.html) may be more beneficial to you.

MegaExtent
04-15-2013, 06:27 AM
Dude, are you trying to kill yourself? Pre-workouts and then sleeping pills everyday? Its not good for you.
Do your workout earlier in the day so that effect of the pre-workout will wear off by the time you go to bed. Alternatively, you can temporarily stop using pre-workout.

DasBiceps
04-15-2013, 06:33 AM
Possibly a nonstimulant PRE like Push 10 ( http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/muscle-tech/push10.html) may be more beneficial to you.

Or an even cheaper option, Hemavol

h20king
04-15-2013, 07:14 AM
Not C4 because Im 28 and just been like this since my teens just trouble sleeping it sucks. I take c4 around noon

LiftToLive19
04-15-2013, 07:20 AM
An hour before you wish to sleep starting turning off lights. You can leave a tv on or a computer just turn off over head lighting. Then about 30 mins pre bed turn off everything. Seems to allow me to go to sleep very quickly.
Some solid non-supplement advice. I'll definitely be giving this a try.

OP I also have sleeping trouble on days where I take my pre-workout. I workout at around 4:50 p.m. and try to go to sleep by no later than 11:00 p.m. I always find myself tossing and turning until at least midnight or shortly after. Haven't been able to find a resolution to this without using sleep aids :-/.

cbyerlee
04-15-2013, 07:23 AM
If a pre is keeping you up then why not try a stim free supp like Hemavol? This is a great option esp if your workouts are later in the evening.

EPolis13
04-15-2013, 07:41 AM
OP, when was the last time you had a stim break? Are you taking any other stimulants during the day other than the C4? I would NOT recommend sleeping pills, to be honest.

CrystalLake
04-15-2013, 08:21 AM
Since I'm up at 4/4:30am every morning, I have absolutely no trouble sleeping by 9/10pm. Maybe try changing your schedule? It helped for me.

crazysteve12
04-15-2013, 08:21 AM
The nap that late in the day can cause your melatonin stores to be messed up. If you need a nap try 15-20 min tops that way you aren't getting into your REM. Also agree to time away from the stims for a few weeks. The last thing you wanna do is get into needing an upper and downer.

jejordan
04-15-2013, 08:28 AM
OP, when was the last time you had a stim break? Are you taking any other stimulants during the day other than the C4? I would NOT recommend sleeping pills, to be honest.

Totally agree. Sleeping pills are a band-aid, not a solution. You'll get very short term relief by taking them. And the problem comes when you build up a tolerance or have to stop, you're in for a nightmare.

Big.Jazayrli
04-15-2013, 09:17 AM
@OP - either take your stims further away from bed or try using a natural product that will help relax you - no need to resort to sleeping pills as you'll need them for the rest of your life and that is a hell of a downward spiral.

Check out ErgoBolic (http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ergogenix/ergobolic.html) as an option, it has been VERY highly praised across the boards for its ability to help with sleep quality :)

jiggamanbill
04-15-2013, 09:28 AM
I been working out 6 days a week with C4 pre... Are sleeping pills ok to take? I wanna start sleeping at 11pm not 4am

If you want to try something more natural than a "sleeping pill" I use and like 3Z (http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ai-sports-nutrition/3z.html)

We have a lot of people with sleep troubles that have found this to be helpful

JacqueAttack
04-15-2013, 10:01 AM
Melatonin and GABA are quality products if you want to buy them in bulk. Personally, I take TSN sleep which is a blend of both and less pills to take overall.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/top-secret-nutrition/sleep.html