PDA

View Full Version : Intermittent Fasting on Night Shift

cmrocks
04-03-2013, 07:50 PM
Hey,

I've been doing the leangains IF diet for the past 3 weeks with pretty good results. Unfortunately, I was just switched to night shift at the gold mine that I work at. Meals are served at 7 am, 12 noon, 7 pm and 12 midnight. I can eat a snack whenever I want though and there's a pretty good selection of healthy foods and leftovers.

I'm now working from 7 PM to 6 AM. I wake up around 4 PM, workout from 430 to 530, go eat around 6 PM then start work. I eat again at 9 PM then again at midnight then start my fast from midnight until I eat again the next day at 6 PM. I've only done this for two nights so far. It's a lot harder to do it this way; eating first.

I'm just wondering if this is still effective? I don't want to have my big meal at 7 AM because they serve breakfast then and it's not the best meal there.

cjowns76
04-03-2013, 08:02 PM
If your in a calorie deficit and trying to lose weight, then its effective.
If your in a surplus and trying to gain weight, then it's effective.

I worked the night shift at a retail store for a while. Sucked in general, especially with school. Best of luck with work!

memcop
04-03-2013, 09:29 PM
I work midnights as well, I eat all my calories for the day between 5-7pm whether I work or not. Don't know if it helps but thats how I do it. I don't see splitting it up and eating last at midnight as a problem long as it is in your window. I'm VERY VERY on point with my Macros though, I could do it with pre prepared meals but it would be difficult.

cmrocks
04-05-2013, 03:22 AM
Thanks guys.

My main concern was eating in the beginning of my "day" rather than at the end of the day like most people would do. So far, it hasn't been too hard. I initially thought that I would be starving when I went to bed.