PDA

View Full Version : Damn Black Genetics.

gsxtreme1987
04-01-2013, 09:01 AM
Kevin ware is walking already... with crutches but phucking still. Less than 24 hours ago his leg was split in half.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/c0.0.403.403/p403x403/488168_10151334283811006_1506828026_n.jpg

Backus21
04-01-2013, 09:04 AM
Thats great to see. Hoping for a speedy recovery. That dude is tough as ****ing nails

MrRedz
04-01-2013, 09:05 AM
damn glad hes alright now, that injury look gruesome shiiiiiiiiiiet

TehScoTTmA
04-01-2013, 09:06 AM
Hes already had his surgery not genetics

1800_Cool_Guy
04-01-2013, 09:09 AM
Yeah. If anything we need to know why he bone snapped the way it did. What the hell. Not enough milk at youth or wat.

NoSauceAdded
04-01-2013, 09:18 AM
Yeah. If anything we need to know why he bone snapped the way it did. What the hell. Not enough milk at youth or wat.

This^

My guess is that he had some previous damage like a stress or hairline fracture.

L0lJ0ker3
04-01-2013, 09:22 AM
drinkin milk right now

roadtrippin
04-01-2013, 09:30 AM
This^

My guess is that he had some previous damage like a stress or hairline fracture.I had a hairline fracture in my foot back in high school playing lacrosse. Worst shiit ever.

BullStampede
04-01-2013, 09:31 AM
If he had his surgery already what is the problem? Isnt this what is supposed to happen?

Loswaldo
04-01-2013, 09:32 AM
Broken leg, not paralysis.

Forumite
04-01-2013, 09:33 AM

Disregard milk, acquire Kool-Aid.

monsterBEN
04-01-2013, 09:51 AM
Apparently a titanium rod holding your leg straight is now considered genetics?

70 year old people walk just hours after receiving artificial knees and hips. SRS.

Yank11
04-01-2013, 09:54 AM

70 year old people walk just hours after receiving artificial knees and hips. SRS.

that

SegaDreamcast
04-01-2013, 10:16 AM

70 year old people walk just hours after receiving artificial knees and hips. SRS.I told my grandma that she had black genetics after she got her hip replaced and she said yeah her surgeon was black lulz she had no fuking idea what I was talking about.

Shortstop36
04-01-2013, 10:17 AM
Disregard milk, acquire Kool-Aid.

dear lord.

firstandgoal
04-01-2013, 10:28 AM

Could be, a lot of black people are lactose intolerant. Also it could be lack of calcium and vitamin d. Also he could have drank lots of soda and kool aid which is bad for calcium absorption I could be wrong though. If you look at those muay thai fighters they strengthen their bones with something called Wolff's law.

Muay Thai fighter snaps a maple bat
aZ0wMgcE38k

Wolff's law is a theory developed by the German anatomist and surgeon Julius Wolff (1836–1902) in the 19th century that states that bone in a healthy person or animal will adapt to the loads under which it is placed.[1] If loading on a particular bone increases, the bone will remodel itself over time to become stronger to resist that sort of loading.[2] The internal architecture of the trabeculae undergoes adaptive changes, followed by secondary changes to the external cortical portion of the bone,[3] perhaps becoming thicker as a result. The inverse is true as well: if the loading on a bone decreases, the bone will become weaker due to turnover, it is less metabolically costly to maintain and there is no stimulus for continued remodeling that is required to maintain bone mass.[4]

gsxtreme1987
04-01-2013, 10:52 AM
Could be, a lot of black people are lactose intolerant. Also it could be lack of calcium and vitamin d. Also he could have drank lots of soda and kool aid which is bad for calcium absorption I could be wrong though. If you look at those muay thai fighters they strengthen their bones with something called Wolff's law.

aZ0wMgcE38k

Wolff's law is a theory developed by the German anatomist and surgeon Julius Wolff (1836–1902) in the 19th century that states that bone in a healthy person or animal will adapt to the loads under which it is placed.[1] If loading on a particular bone increases, the bone will remodel itself over time to become stronger to resist that sort of loading.[2] The internal architecture of the trabeculae undergoes adaptive changes, followed by secondary changes to the external cortical portion of the bone,[3] perhaps becoming thicker as a result. The inverse is true as well: if the loading on a bone decreases, the bone will become weaker due to turnover, it is less metabolically costly to maintain and there is no stimulus for continued remodeling that is required to maintain bone mass.[4]

Intradusting.

Yank11
04-01-2013, 10:54 AM

[youtube]aZ0wMgcE

thats not entirely true regarding the muay tai fighters, but actually does have a lot to do with this topic lol. Wolff's law states that tissue remodels in the direction of the forces it is placed in. Which is why Ware is walking already and why you want TKA and THA patients to walk right away, to get those forces placed through bone during walking as early as possible to get the bone to remodel to withstand those forces of walking since thats basically the point of bones

gotrice33
04-01-2013, 10:57 AM
that was the weirdest injury ever tho, like it was bound to happen in the future for him if it didn't happen yesterday..... it was just a normal jump in the air and his leg just snaps. wtf.

AriGhold
04-01-2013, 11:04 AM
If he's already walking maybe he will be able to play Saturday

isp
04-01-2013, 11:10 AM
^^ you're one cheeky kunt m8

RogerSterling
04-01-2013, 11:17 AM
I told my grandma that she had black genetics after she got her hip replaced and she said yeah her surgeon was black lulz she had no fuking idea what I was talking about.

that sounds like a true story

MajesticLion
04-01-2013, 11:21 AM
Not genetics, just top-notch healthcare.