PDA

View Full Version : 6 Foot 2, 150 Pounds. Need help. (Pics)

JasonClark27
03-31-2013, 11:28 AM
Hey guys I am a recovering anorexic. Was once 210 pounds and a little overweight. All cardio and wimpy lifting got me down to 126 pounds. I was in a really bad condition. Doctor required me to gain 15 pounds just from eating before hitting gym. Started lifting at 145. Went to squat and I couldn't hold up bar and it fell down and I made a fuking fool of myself. Couldn't even bench press bar. A month of riptoe's starting strength has my squat up up to 85 pounds and same for my bench. I can deadlift 115. Pathetic i Know but it is progress from how bad i was before. Problem is I had a severe eating disorder before with heavy restriction. Nutritionist wants me consuming 4000 cals and Im saying f that basically cuz i want to clean bulk and gain muscle. Parents are pressing for me like crazy to gain weight but they don't realize muscle takes a while. I know I probably need to gain fat as well but just looking for some feedback. I don't ever want to count calories cuz that was extremely stressful and I was OCD about it. I know serious bodybuilders count macros and what not but I just want to build some muscle and not let this take over my life like anorexia. Should I still be eating big to make progress? I am always worried about belly fat but I realize I might have to gain a little belly when gaining muscle and then cut later? My parents seem to think I have no belly and am deathly skinny but I believe I'm skinny fat.

Wakaaa
03-31-2013, 11:43 AM
Follow the nutritionist and keep lifting heavy. Your doctor and nutritionist should be who you listen to for now. Once you put on more weight and get stronger, then I think you should start to do things on your own by following the stickies. Congratulations on the weight gain and you look much, much better with how you look now then you did at 126 lbs. Get to like 165 - 175 then do a lean bulk, or others would say keep eating more and more then at a higher weight begin lean bulking.

edgar6190
03-31-2013, 11:50 AM
No you are not skinny fat you are just skinny, eat more and hit the gym. There are alot of routines in bb.com home page calculate your maintenance cals and eat 500 surplus cals. You will gain a pound a week

softpounder
03-31-2013, 12:21 PM
Just skinny. Just go on a small surplus and you'll be okay.

Btw, congrats for getting out of being anorexic.

WonderPug
03-31-2013, 12:24 PM
My parents seem to think I have no belly and am deathly skinny but I believe I'm skinny fat.Your parents are right and you clearly suffer from a dysmorphia.

You need help from mental health professionals, no an online bodybuilding forum.

healthyfemale
03-31-2013, 01:55 PM
congrats on the weight gain. it looks semi healthier, however, listen to your parents... you need to keep gaining. eat in the surplus and lift and you'll be just fine.

XCRunner9
03-31-2013, 02:06 PM
Stop worrying about fat because that belly you believe you have is likely water. I have the same thing and I'm suffering from the same thing you are and my BMI is much lower than yours.

Former300lber
03-31-2013, 02:25 PM
Quit listening to everybody, seriously don't eat at a 500 surplus, what the hell do you want to do bulk for 10 years? Look at the size of you, Eat everything, You NEED the fat, Eat and eat and eat, until you hit 190lbs... Then you can go from there, There's NO REASON You should be 150lbs, There's NO REASON you should be afraid to gain fat, you put a cap on your gains restrict your calories to a certain point, You need a "dirty bulk" I'm dead serious.

JasonClark27
03-31-2013, 02:30 PM
Quit listening to everybody, seriously don't eat at a 500 surplus, what the hell do you want to do bulk for 10 years? Look at the size of you, Eat everything, You NEED the fat, Eat and eat and eat, until you hit 190lbs... Then you can go from there, There's NO REASON You should be 150lbs, There's NO REASON you should be afraid to gain fat, you put a cap on your gains restrict your calories to a certain point, You need a "dirty bulk" I'm dead serious.

Are you sure I should do that. I mean i have been told dirty bulk is never good no matter the condition. Were you looking at my 126 instead of my 150 pic? I mean I can understand dirty bulking at that low of a weight.

so far away
03-31-2013, 02:49 PM

Why would he need to eat more than 500 cals over his maintenance besides packing on extra fat?

Former300lber
03-31-2013, 02:49 PM
Jason let me explain something, you are at an extremely low weight for your height, What's the worst that can happen? If you just eat everything, LIFT HEAVY, and KEEP LIFTING, sure, at the end of it, you might be 190-200lbs.. but I PROMISE You will be a whole lot stronger then you are rate now, I would listen to your nutritionist and eat the 4,000 calories a day, worst case scenario? you put on a bunch of fat with a lot of solid mass, and then you start your cut, but I promise if you do a lean bulk from 150lbs.. Your going to be doing it for years..

Former300lber
03-31-2013, 02:52 PM
Why would he need to eat more than 500 cals over his maintenance besides packing on extra fat?

1. Your maintenance isn't a straight line for 1, it changes with your activity, so get rid of the word maintenance there's no such thing.
2. He could use the body fat.
3. Some people are different, Why put a cap on gains? just because 1 person can only put on so much weight does not mean somebody else can.
4. Eating a 500 surplus requires calorie counting, which guess what? He already said he did NOT want to do.

In the end he's going to do what he wants to do, I'm offering my 2 cents.

rand18m
03-31-2013, 02:56 PM
Your parents are right and you clearly suffer from a dysmorphia.

You need help from mental health professionals, no an online bodybuilding forum.

This^^x2

If not then:

Jason let me explain something, you are at an extremely low weight for your height, What's the worst that can happen? If you just eat everything, LIFT HEAVY, and KEEP LIFTING, sure, at the end of it, you might be 190-200lbs.. but I PROMISE You will be a whole lot stronger then you are rate now, I would listen to your nutritionist and eat the 4,000 calories a day, worst case scenario? you put on a bunch of fat with a lot of solid mass, and then you start your cut, but I promise if you do a lean bulk from 150lbs.. Your going to be doing it for years..

This^^!

so far away
03-31-2013, 03:08 PM
1. Your maintenance isn't a straight line for 1, it changes with your activity, so get rid of the word maintenance there's no such thing.
3. Some people are different, Why put a cap on gains? just because 1 person can only put on so much weight does not mean somebody else can.
4. Eating a 500 surplus requires calorie counting, which guess what? He already said he did NOT want to do.

Was just a question as I'm not an expert on the matter. In the end I'd recommend he just follows the doctors/nutrionist and eat their caloric recommendations.

I just think your claims of gaining more in a shorter amount of time by eating exaggerated amounts aren't accurate. If you follow that method you'll probably gain the same amount of muscle mass with just more fat which you'll end up cutting and end up in the same exact place, in the same exact time frame. Obviously that's not the same for everybody, but probably most - and once again I'm not expert, just going off of what I've read and experienced.

JasonClark27
03-31-2013, 03:22 PM

Yes I believe you are correct in what I should do. I just have a hard time accepting it

Former300lber
03-31-2013, 03:39 PM
Yes I believe you are correct in what I should do. I just have a hard time accepting it

I understand that it's probably hard to accept, but in the end it's going to come down to what your comfortable with, you don't want to put your self in a situation where you start to freak out again, so honestly do whatever makes you comfortable and keeps you sane, If you don't mind it taking a lot longer, then go for it, but please, do try your best to stay away from under eating, As long as your eating at a surplus and putting on weight, who cares? It all comes down to your goals, but your main goal rate now should to be to put on some weight and be comfortable with your body.

NABlakley
03-31-2013, 03:45 PM
I just think your claims of gaining more in a shorter amount of time by eating exaggerated amounts aren't accurate. If you follow that method you'll probably gain the same amount of muscle mass with just more fat which you'll end up cutting and end up in the same exact place, in the same exact time frame. Obviously that's not the same for everybody, but probably most - and once again I'm not expert, just going off of what I've read and experienced.

I'll just assume that you didn't read the 150lbs at 6'2" part of his post. I would rock the **** out of that 4,000 calorie diet and enjoy every minute of it. Why not make huge gains in the gym while eating damn near whatever you want when you want? Worry about cutting excess fat gains later, it's time to do a massive bulk my friend.

JasonClark27
03-31-2013, 04:02 PM
I'll just assume that you didn't read the 150lbs at 6'2" part of his post. I would rock the **** out of that 4,000 calorie diet and enjoy every minute of it. Why not make huge gains in the gym while eating damn near whatever you want when you want? Worry about cutting excess fat gains later, it's time to do a massive bulk my friend.

Sounds good to me. I guess people say to lean bulk when they already are at a decent weight. I realize I am too low and need to gain big time.

BiggerFuture
03-31-2013, 04:16 PM
Listen to the docs mate, and some of the advice on here.
Don't be scared of 4000cals,
I'm doing 4200 cals ATM although my diet needs a little bit of change.
I'm gonna say other then your illness you probs drop weight fast, so if you get to a point where you're getting uncomfortable with your weight cut the cals down a little bit and keep going mate.

All the best with it all.

Congrats on your achievement so far.