PDA

View Full Version : The Evolution of King James

R.Cranium
03-29-2013, 07:40 AM
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9109245/how-lebron-james-transformed-game-become-highly-efficient-scoring-machine

"While it's simple to label James a physical freak with outrageous basketball talents, that sells his progress, work ethic, and intelligence short. LeBron James is a basketball nerd who just happens to possess once-in-a-generation talent."

Spill512
03-29-2013, 07:48 AM
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd288/MaxPwNz/2rcs591.gif

Lb54TG
03-29-2013, 07:55 AM

LMAO. As a die hard lebron fan. That is funny

SRSmiscerIZsrs
03-29-2013, 08:37 AM
so his recent success is based on a lot more layups and dunks. got it

R.Cranium
03-29-2013, 08:56 AM

Would not expect reading comprehension from someone in Nebraska. It's ok, you tried.

BabySuaz
03-29-2013, 09:24 AM
"— so I thought maybe I could move it out, improve my 3-point shooting, continue to work on my low-post scoring, and then leave the midrange to be my next journey."

In to see Lebron have one of the wettest jumpshots next year.

R.Cranium
03-29-2013, 09:28 AM

Lol strong neg. not mad, I don't live in Nebraska.

SRSmiscerIZsrs
03-29-2013, 09:59 AM
Lol strong neg. not mad, I don't live in Nebraska.

you seem mad bro. im not mad either. city i live in was voted number 1 happiest city in america.

brb low cost of living
brb good education system
brb strong local economy
brb most golf courses per capita in america
brb college town
brb good wholesome nice american people
brb not a lot riff raff and poverty ghetto rats
brb we president

StrongM477
03-29-2013, 10:15 AM
great article

Neg_Train
03-29-2013, 10:21 AM
Can't deny that the dude works hard.

Especially after teams figured out how to defend him by packing the paint.

He has developed a consistent,reliable jumper and has become expert at identifying where the open man is at all times.

RoxasBrah
03-29-2013, 10:27 AM
Wade has seemed to have evolved from HGH too.

XeReaZ
03-29-2013, 10:56 AM
Wonder if Kobe will say yes when LeBron calls and asks to come to LA for the weekend to learn dat mid range.

R.Cranium
03-29-2013, 11:26 AM
lol kobe fans so mad

No one even mentions him and they still flock to a lebron thread to neg.

It's ok, being remembered as the 3rd best of a generation is pretty good.

ThaWorldIsYours
03-29-2013, 11:52 AM
Wonder if Kobe will say yes when LeBron calls and asks to come to LA for the weekend to learn dat mid range.

LeBron is shooting the midrange at 4% higher than Kobe this season, looks like he's already got it down

FGCHENG
03-29-2013, 03:27 PM
lol kobe fans so mad

No one even mentions him and they still flock to a lebron thread to neg.

It's ok, being remembered as the 3rd best of a generation is pretty good.

“When you look back at this era there’s going to be a lot of players that you can pick from. You can talk about their greatness. This is a good era for basketball, and it would be led by Kobe Bryant – who was the greatest player in our era.”

Because I'm sure your opinion matters more than Wade

heathomer
03-29-2013, 03:39 PM
LeBron is shooting the midrange at 4% higher than Kobe this season, looks like he's already got it down

lololol lebron has the best midrange player on his team already.

Skeeeeet
03-29-2013, 05:08 PM
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9109245/how-lebron-james-transformed-game-become-highly-efficient-scoring-machine

"While it's simple to label James a physical freak with outrageous basketball talents, that sells his progress, work ethic, and intelligence short. LeBron James is a basketball nerd who just happens to possess once-in-a-generation talent."
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/14kwrhk.gif

UsernameTaken
03-29-2013, 05:32 PM
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd288/MaxPwNz/2rcs591.giflmao great 1st reply

GPx
03-29-2013, 05:39 PM
lololol lebron has the best midrange player on his team already.

Bosh?

StarfaceChris
03-29-2013, 05:44 PM
evolution of queen james: goes from a stacked team to the most stacked team of all time where he is wide open 90% the time so morans think he has evolved. still the same ol as lebrick that will choke or quit on his team as soon as a better team shows up.

roodyghey
03-29-2013, 05:48 PM
can you really say someone has evolved when he hasn't accomplished anything yet? Still waiting on his first championship being the #1 option...

XeReaZ
03-29-2013, 06:09 PM

Potato bro did you even read the article? Called the dream last year to work on post game. Says he's going to work on the midrange next.
And lol if you think LeBron is a better shooter than Kobe.

Strizzz
03-29-2013, 06:11 PM

Except he is. Don't worry though, I'll wait for you to post why you think Kobe is a better shooter than Lebron this year. Dis gun' be good.

R.Cranium
03-29-2013, 06:20 PM

Nah...in 15 years everyone will consider lebron > Duncan > Kobe

No tears.

XeReaZ
03-29-2013, 07:23 PM
Except he is. Don't worry though, I'll wait for you to post why you think Kobe is a better shooter than Lebron this year. Dis gun' be good.

Although it won't matter what I say you obviously have a serious hard on for "LeDominator". Kobe is a better shooter than LeBron, has been for a long time now and yes even in his 17th NBA season. Take a look at LeBrons points In the paint average over the last few seasons. LeBron can take anyone he wants to the rack and has realized this instead of taking contested jumpers.

Go ahead and open that article OP posted and look at LeBrons shot charts over the last few seasons. Almost all in the paint/left block/postup/drive and the spot up open three. (why his 3pt numbers are up now, Miami spacing and shooters, leads to good looks for LeBron helping his 3pt shooting.) And let's not forget LeBrons FT% pretty low for a better shooter than bean Bryant. LeBron is not a better pure shooter, he shoots a higher fg% only because of his size and athletic ability to get easy dunks/layups and up until this year he hardly shot 3s.

Now let's look at Kobe who is known by any and everyone who isent blind or a retard. For his extremely difficult fade away jump shot, His signature baseline Fadeaway and just overall high level of difficulty on a lot of his shots. He's a shooting guard he plays on the perimeter way more than LeBron. Is less athletic than Lebron and can't rely on his ability to get to the cup like LeBron. Kobes shooting ability is what makes him such a special player. How do you think a shooting guard in his 17th season is averaging almost 30ppg? His pure shooting ability, which allows him to still be effective even tho his prime days are in his past. If any other player relied on the degree of difficulty in Kobe's game they would shoot sub 30%. Kobe is a better 3pt shooter, FT shooter, pull up, fade away and just ridiculous outside shots. Is LeBron better than him in just about every aspect of the game right now other than shooting? Yes. You'll understand my points in 5 years or so when LeBron is out of his prime and has to rely much more on his outside shooting and taking contested jumpers on one good ankle like Kobe. Then will see how well he LeDominates lol.

Love to see you post why you think LeDominator is a better shooter than Kobe tho.

Strizzz
03-29-2013, 07:58 PM
Kobe is a better shooter than LeBron, has been for a long time now and yes even in his 17th NBA season. Take a look at LeBrons points In the paint average over the last few seasons.

I'll do you one better. How about we take a look at Lebron's FG% from beyond the arc and his FG% from 16+ feet in comparison to Kobe's. Not even gonna mention the paint(which is also something he's superior at).

Lebron's FG% from beyond the arc: 40% (94/240)
Kobe's FG% from beyond the arc: 32% (124/370)

Over 130 more shots taken, but only 30 more makes.

Lebron's FG% from 16+ ft: 43% (110/255)
Kobe's FG% from 16+ ft: 39% (129/331)

76 more shots taken from 16+ ft, but only 19 more makes. Oh, and Lebron only gets assisted on those shots 16% of the time. Kobe? 29%

You're a Kobe fan so you're gonna disregard these numbers.

Now of course, you're gonna reply with something along the lines of, "well lolz, Kobe takes more difficult shots", no, he takes dumb ass shots. His poor shot selection isn't a tribute to how "good" of a shooter he is, which is what his fans don't seem to understand.

Newsflash: decent shooters don't constantly take bad shots. The difference between a good shot, and a bad one, is one of the main attributes that determine exactly what a good shooter is in the first place. Do I consider Lebron a "good" shooter? Not necessarily, but this particular reason is why he's at least a better shooter than Kobe is this year.

Taking a fade-away jumper from beyond the arc in the corner contested by six hands and hitting it every once in a while doesn't make you a good shooter. So stop continuously using his bad shot selection as if it's some sort of testament as to how good of a shooter he is just because he hits one every blue moon.

And let's not forget LeBrons FT% pretty low for a better shooter than bean Bryant.

Yes, Kobe is a better FT shooter.

Now let's look at Kobe who is known by any and everyone who isent blind or a retard. For his extremely difficult fade away jump shot, His signature baseline Fadeaway and just overall high level of difficulty on a lot of his shots.

Only in Laker land does a bad shot get appraisal over a good one. Not surprised in the least.

If any other player relied on the degree of difficulty in Kobe's game they would shoot sub 30%.

I don't want the player who's gonna jack up poor contested shots. I want the guy who's gonna take efficient ones.

Kobe is a better 3pt shooter, FT shooter, pull up, fade away and just ridiculous outside shots. Is LeBron better than him in just about every aspect of the game right now other than shooting?

Except numbers prove that little theory wrong.

Yes. You'll understand my points in 5 years or so when LeBron is out of his prime and has to rely much more on his outside shooting and taking contested jumpers like Kobe. Then will see how well he LeDominates lol.

Hypotheticals. Doesn't mean sh*t to me til' it gets here.

ShweezyBTFO
03-29-2013, 08:21 PM

except Wade is a phaggot just like his fans, so his opinion is actually worthless...

Mr.Hombre
03-29-2013, 08:24 PM
Although it won't matter what I say you obviously have a serious hard on for "LeDominator". Kobe is a better shooter than LeBron, has been for a long time now and yes even in his 17th NBA season. Take a look at LeBrons points In the paint average over the last few seasons. LeBron can take anyone he wants to the rack and has realized this instead of taking contested jumpers.

Go ahead and open that article OP posted and look at LeBrons shot charts over the last few seasons. Almost all in the paint/left block/postup/drive and the spot up open three. (why his 3pt numbers are up now, Miami spacing and shooters, leads to good looks for LeBron helping his 3pt shooting.) And let's not forget LeBrons FT% pretty low for a better shooter than bean Bryant. LeBron is not a better pure shooter, he shoots a higher fg% only because of his size and athletic ability to get easy dunks/layups and up until this year he hardly shot 3s.

Now let's look at Kobe who is known by any and everyone who isent blind or a retard. For his extremely difficult fade away jump shot, His signature baseline Fadeaway and just overall high level of difficulty on a lot of his shots. He's a shooting guard he plays on the perimeter way more than LeBron. Is less athletic than Lebron and can't rely on his ability to get to the cup like LeBron. Kobes shooting ability is what makes him such a special player. How do you think a shooting guard in his 17th season is averaging almost 30ppg? His pure shooting ability, which allows him to still be effective even tho his prime days are in his past. If any other player relied on the degree of difficulty in Kobe's game they would shoot sub 30%. Kobe is a better 3pt shooter, FT shooter, pull up, fade away and just ridiculous outside shots. Is LeBron better than him in just about every aspect of the game right now other than shooting? Yes. You'll understand my points in 5 years or so when LeBron is out of his prime and has to rely much more on his outside shooting and taking contested jumpers on one good ankle like Kobe. Then will see how well he LeDominates lol.

Love to see you post why you think LeDominator is a better shooter than Kobe tho.

and not a single stat was seen that day

lol. i find a lot of kobe fans are like old politicians...they don't realize we're in the digital age, so any claims they make can easily be verified via a quick search.

u do realized that it is a FACT that lebron is better from 3 and mid-range (and obviously under the basket) than kobe? you can't deny it...lebron makes a higher % of his shots by a great margin

Frankie3521
03-29-2013, 08:59 PM
Yeah, obviously LeBron has a higher shooting percentage, he's younger and can create more space. LeBron is the best player in today's game, but it's no question that Kobe is the better jump shooter. He hits more difficult shots - not necessarily because he's a "dumbass", but because he can't create separation with his athleticism how he used to be able to. I'm not even a Kobe nuthugger, I just think it's common basketball knowledge.

XeReaZ
03-29-2013, 09:38 PM
and not a single stat was seen that day

lol. i find a lot of kobe fans are like old politicians...they don't realize we're in the digital age, so any claims they make can easily be verified via a quick search.

u do realized that it is a FACT that lebron is better from 3 and mid-range (and obviously under the basket) than kobe? you can't deny it...lebron makes a higher % of his shots by a great margin

Herp derp, no **** LeBron has a higher fg%.Did you read any of my post? It's a fact he better at 3s? And mid range? Uhh no it's not both their career avg 3% is almost identical. With Kobe playing nearly twice as many years as LeBron and probably thousands of more attempts then LeBron, not to mention How good Mami spacing and other shooters are, giving LeBron better open looks.

You guy amaze me when has LeBron hit 12 threes in one game, or gotten 62 points after 3 quarters, or scored 81 in a game? It's pretty much universal if you ask any analyst who is the better SHOOTER/PURE SCORER is between the 2 or Anybody who actually watches full games and not box scores. It's Kobe all day long...

Do you guys love LeBron so much it hurts to realize that he's not the best at every single thing? Yes best all around complete two way player.

Best pure shooter? Da fuqqq you can't actually be serious.

(and I'll post the stats on the 3p% and attempts when I get to a computer)

roodyghey
03-29-2013, 09:54 PM
When you evolve into a role player thats won ONE championship in NINE seasons its kinda really fukcing sad.

Daewoo_Lanos
03-29-2013, 10:31 PM
lol @ how mad these phaggots are. LeJesus gonna Jesus.

nobody cares about kobe. in case you couldn't tell from the 1 media award he got in 17 years. nobody cared then. nobody cares now.

Mr.Hombre
03-29-2013, 11:18 PM
Herp derp, no **** LeBron has a higher fg%.Did you read any of my post? It's a fact he better at 3s? And mid range? Uhh no it's not both their career avg 3% is almost identical. With Kobe playing nearly twice as many years as LeBron and probably thousands of more attempts then LeBron, not to mention How good Mami spacing and other shooters are, giving LeBron better open looks.

You guy amaze me when has LeBron hit 12 threes in one game, or gotten 62 points after 3 quarters, or scored 81 in a game? It's pretty much universal if you ask any analyst who is the better SHOOTER/PURE SCORER is between the 2 or Anybody who actually watches full games and not box scores. It's Kobe all day long...

Do you guys love LeBron so much it hurts to realize that he's not the best at every single thing? Yes best all around complete two way player.

Best pure shooter? Da fuqqq you can't actually be serious.

(and I'll post the stats on the 3p% and attempts when I get to a computer)

lmao i'm talking about NOW! 65 pts in one game and 82 points were many many many seasons ago...and those are single game stats.

if you want to make an argument for who has the better shot now....you need to post stats from this season

and i never said he was the best pure shooter. you said kobe IS (present tense) better shooter than lebrob....but you don't have a single piece of data to back that up.

post his efficiency from 3, 10-15 ft, 16-24 ft....it's really not that hard

Mr.Hombre
03-29-2013, 11:20 PM
Yeah, obviously LeBron has a higher shooting percentage, he's younger and can create more space. LeBron is the best player in today's game, but it's no question that Kobe is the better jump shooter. He hits more difficult shots - not necessarily because he's a "dumbass", but because he can't create separation with his athleticism how he used to be able to. I'm not even a Kobe nuthugger, I just think it's common basketball knowledge.

that's the thing...lebron is better partly because he's more athletic....why are we taking away points from someone because he's more athletic? this is professional sports....leaping ability, quickness, and agility are a lot of what makes great jump shooters.

this is a bodybuilding forum...do you ever hear anyway here say "old man ralph is the best bench presser in the gym...he's getting old and has to fade-a-way bench presses. these younger guys have no fundamentals" ? **** that...we say "ralph please go."

XeReaZ
03-30-2013, 07:31 AM
lmao i'm talking about NOW! 65 pts in one game and 82 points were many many many seasons ago...and those are single game stats.

if you want to make an argument for who has the better shot now....you need to post stats from this season

and i never said he was the best pure shooter. you said kobe IS (present tense) better shooter than lebrob....but you don't have a single piece of data to back that up.

post his efficiency from 3, 10-15 ft, 16-24 ft....it's really not that hard

Seems we were under different pretenses. If we're talking about LeBron vs Kobe based solely on this current season only, then ya I wouldnt have pushed so hard for Kobe, being he his in the tail end of his career and LeBron is having his best statistical season so far in his career. I think Kobe is the better shooter/pure scorer for his career, regardless of whos got better efficiency numbers and would beat LeBron in a close game of horse if they played today. With LeBrons physical abilities, smart shot selection and current teammates no one else is going to put up better all around stats in the regular season.

LeMidRangeJumpe
06-12-2013, 12:23 PM

yes, lebron has a beyter mid range than Kobe. I agree.

ThaWorldIsYours
06-12-2013, 01:50 PM
yes, lebron has a beyter mid range than Kobe. I agree.

Oops, looks like you must have forgot to reply to this post 3 months ago when it was made? And instead waited for LeBron to have a couple bad games so you could cherry pick old posts like a coward?

Ohh I also noticed that you have a June 2013 join date and 7 posts?

There's no way that you're a phaggot troll who's been banned multiple times for making terrible posts so you have to keep making new screennames is there?

ThatKindaGuy
06-12-2013, 01:55 PM
^ lmao @ how much he rustled your LeBrons

GPx
06-12-2013, 02:01 PM
Oops, looks like you must have forgot to reply to this post 3 months ago when it was made? And instead waited for LeBron to have a couple bad games so you could cherry pick old posts like a coward?

There's no way that you're a phaggot troll who's been banned multiple times for making terrible posts so you have to keep making new screennames is there?

Is that different from everyone jumping on the bandwagon that Lebron is a good midrange shooter when he was on a hot streak?

If anything he has more right than you do considering Lebron's midrange has been way more bad than good throughout his career.

AirCanada
06-12-2013, 02:05 PM
Is that different from everyone jumping on the bandwagon that Lebron is a good midrange shooter when he was on a hot streak?

If anything he has more right than you do considering Lebron's midrange has been way more bad than good throughout his career.

Use of logic doesn't work with Lebron stans. Their idol is perfect in every single way. LeGoat.

Ivan7x
06-12-2013, 02:09 PM

http://i.imgur.com/3nEDr.gif

FlabbyAndSick
06-12-2013, 02:15 PM
Potato bro did you even read the article? Called the dream last year to work on post game. Says he's going to work on the midrange next.

Lol a year too late
"dont put off for tomorrow what you can do today."

Dude's getting treated like rondo

ThaWorldIsYours
06-12-2013, 03:32 PM

The entire season is a hot streak now?

My post was completely valid then and it is now.

LeBron's midrange/3pt in the 2012-2013 season: 43.6%/40.6%
Kobe's midrange/3pt in the 2012-2013 season: 42.8%/32.4%

Nothing about what I wrote 3 months ago changes based on a 3 GAME SAMPLE SIZE. LOL @ you even having the audacity to say that he has more right to overreact to 3 games than I do to 76 games.

ThaWorldIsYours
06-12-2013, 03:33 PM
Also LOL @ established Sports Misc posters jumping to defend a troll with 7 posts. C'mon, you guys are better than that, no matter who your allegiances lie with. That's hilarious.