PDA

View Full Version : You ****ing Conservatives...

Rangerz91
03-29-2013, 12:58 AM
I am mirin your economic policies but why the **** does it matter that some gay people want to get married?

This is the land of the free right?

So why in the hell would you go out of your way to make it so that people are unable to do what they please.

so ****ing hypocritical.

makes me so irate. Why do you have to invade someones pursuit of happiness? WHY? so ****ing backwards

Edit: For example making your facebook pictures to does not equal signs... Why? What's the point of being a genuine kunt? Does it make you feel good? ****ing hipster phaggots going against what is obviously the progressively right thing to do.

Not everyone believes in your religion, so why should your beliefs of what something should be restrict something that someone else wants.... It makes no damn sense

Edit: Just want to also throw out I don't believe the churches should be forced to marry homosexual couples.

canuck604
03-29-2013, 01:01 AM
Because they're phaggots

beastmodemike
03-29-2013, 01:06 AM
the thought of a man sticking his penor into another man's peppered angus or two pink tacos rubbing together in passionate scissor love engrages them...

Unless their son/daughter is gay/lesbian, then they will switch stances in a heartbeat

Rangerz91
03-29-2013, 01:10 AM
the thought of a man sticking his penor into another man's peppered angus engrages them...

Unless their son/daughter is gay/lesbian, then they will switch stances in a heartbeat

exactly.... politicians have done this... someone in their family comes out, and then all of a sudden they are pro gay rights... pathetic...

If I want to smoke weed. Why should I not have the right to do so?

If I want to pepper my angus for a dink and then get married to the dink shouldn't I have the right to? That's the basis of this country... To pursue what we want to... Not to pursue what someone's religious views say that's okay to pursue.

If these rights that I choose to pursue cross into yours.... then damn right you have a reason to go against it. Why rustle jimmies of people who are fighting for what they want to pursue? You are then just being a hypocritical kunt

biggestmuff
03-29-2013, 01:10 AM
Why do you care what someone else wants to do? Do you want to marry another dude? Then why the fuk do you care so much?

AmazinJason
03-29-2013, 01:11 AM
Libertarian checking in.

Rangerz91
03-29-2013, 01:12 AM
Why do you care what someone else wants to do? Do you want to marry another dude? Then why the fuk do you care so much?

because it's the principle... If I was a homo and I wanted to get married to some other homo why should some kunt deny that right? If you start picking and choosing what freedoms you can have and pursue then the point of the U.S. is a ****ing joke

rynobrah
03-29-2013, 01:17 AM
phaggots gon phaggot

JahRo225
03-29-2013, 01:19 AM
Because they're phaggots

Word for word exactly what I was gonna say hahaha

WheresMyTuna
03-29-2013, 01:23 AM
Libertarian checking in.

Another CA Libertarian checking in...

No problem with gay marriage or weed, however who ever tries to take whats left of my right to bear arms....

Is probably already an elected CA politician. = (

Should I also mention the feds cracking down on CA pot dispensaries under a Dem pres?

The_Standard
03-29-2013, 01:25 AM
I am mirin your economic policies but why the **** does it matter that some gay people want to get married?

So why in the hell would you go out of your way to make it so that people are unable to do what they please.

so ****ing hypocritical.

makes me so irate. Why do you have to invade someones pursuit of happiness? WHY? so ****ing backwards

Edit: For example making your facebook pictures to does not equal signs... Why? What's the point of being a genuine kunt? Does it make you feel good? ****ing hipster phaggots going against what is obviously the progressively right thing to do.

Not everyone believes in your religion, so why should your beliefs of what something should be restrict something that someone else wants.... It makes no damn sense

I completely understand your side of the argument completely. Let me see if I can get you to understand my side of the argument...

Why can't I support gay marriage?

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 states, "Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God."

Now, I realize that at this point your side of the argument says, "Not everyone is Christian. Your beliefs shouldn't become someone else's law." I can respect that.

In Matthew 22:39, when speaking of the second greatest commandment, Jesus states, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself." This line is often used by proponents of gay marriage in their argument against Christians. They say, "You wouldn't want your rights denied. Why are you denying someone else their rights?"

To me, if I truly believe that you could go to hell for your sin, there is no greater love I can show than to attempt to save you from that hell. How can I stand idly by and watch someone pave their own road to eternal damnation if I truly love them? The love Jesus speaks of is a love in which Christians should be more concerned about others' eternal life rather than their earthly rights.

JB17
03-29-2013, 01:25 AM
OP might actually be a phaggot.

Trollface.gif

Wakiza33
03-29-2013, 01:26 AM

so ****ing hypocritical.

OP REPPED FOR LIFE (SRS)

OP check out libertarian philosophy. Its 'conservative' economic policies minus christian right social bullchit

Azrairc
03-29-2013, 01:26 AM
they are major flaming phaggots

Wakiza33
03-29-2013, 01:28 AM
I completely understand your side of the argument completely. Let me see if I can get you to understand my side of the argument...

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 states, "Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God."

Now, I realize that at this point your side of the argument says, "Not everyone is Christian. Your beliefs shouldn't become someone else's law." I can respect that.

In Matthew 22:39, when speaking of the second greatest commandment, Jesus states, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself." This line is often used by proponents of gay marriage in their argument against Christians. They say, "You wouldn't want your rights denied. Why are you denying someone else their rights?"

To me, if I truly believe that you could go to hell for your sin, there is no greater love I can show than to attempt to save you from that hell. How can I stand idly by and watch someone pave their own road to eternal damnation if I truly love them? The love Jesus speaks of is a love in which Christians should be more concerned about others' eternal life rather than their earthly rights.

Something called the constitution phaggo (srs) Its all written down, check it out

The_Standard
03-29-2013, 01:31 AM
Something called the constitution phaggo (srs) Its all written down, check it out

Tempted to neg, but I won't. OP asked a question. I gave the most honest answer I could. I'm not a gay basher. I simply cannot support gay marriage on the basis of my religion. I felt I was very respectful in my answer.

Also, for Christians, the Bible supercedes the Constitution.

Rangerz91
03-29-2013, 01:35 AM

What if someone does not want to be saved? I thought christians were not suppose to push their ideals on people but rather be open to those interested? Accepting them for who they are and then showing them the path of their savior.

You do know that government is secular right?!
SO WHY THE **** SHOULD I GIVE A FUK WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN?????
WHY SHOULD YOUR BELIEFS COME ANYWHERE NEAR WHAT IS PLACED INTO LAW IN THIS COUNTRY?

DO YOU NOT SEE HOW YOUR BELIEFS ARE CONFLICTING WITH THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS TO PERSUE WHAT THEY WOULD LIKE TO PERSUE? I DO NOT CARE WHAT YOUR GOD SAYS YOU SHOULD DO TO COUNTERACT THE "EVILS" IN THIS WORLD. IT IS NOT YOUR PLACE TO MAKE LEGISLATION THAT DICTATES WHAT PEOPLE CAN AND CAN'T DO.

basically you have no say in peoples rights until they detract from your own rights. Two lesbian women have no impact on you on your day to day basis. So what is exactly the problem? It is "not right"?(said from the standards of your religion)

sry brah your religion does not apply to everyone... gg /thread

Same thing with liberal phaggots and guns....
If people want to have a gun... LET THEM HAVE THEIR ****ING GUNS
people kill people... it's been this way from the beginning of time... whether it be a ****ing club, knife, or gun people will kill each other.

supremebro
03-29-2013, 01:39 AM
let me put it this way.

governemt wont pass something that doesnt benifet the country. gay couples cannot procreate, therefor cannot make babies that will someday help the country. relative's who marry will have mentally retarted children and make the future of the USA very stupid. therefor this doesnt benefit no one.

there is no win-win for the governmetn in this situation , so they will not legalize it.

KKieffer
03-29-2013, 01:40 AM
Tempted to neg, but I won't. OP asked a question. I gave the most honest answer I could. I'm not a gay basher. I simply cannot support gay marriage on the basis of my religion. I felt I was very respectful in my answer.

In the US there is separation of church and state. It's okay if you don't want your church to have gay marriage. To have your church dictate laws is against what this country was founded on. So find a religious country to live in that takes away peoples right....

KidAlchemy
03-29-2013, 01:40 AM

so ****ing hypocritical.

Don't worry bro they're beta. They don't understand.

Rangerz91
03-29-2013, 01:41 AM
let me put it this way.

governemt wont pass something that doesnt benifet the country. gay couples cannot procreate, therefor cannot make babies that will someday help the country. relative's who marry will have mentally retarted children and make the future of the USA very stupid. therefor this doesnt benefit no one.

there is no win-win for the governmetn in this situation , so they will not legalize it.

I highly doubt this is the reason that it is not legalized. I believe it has to do with peoples beliefs....

People are entitled to their beliefs, but they are not entitled to their beliefs setting laws on people whose beliefs are not the same.

Wakiza33
03-29-2013, 01:44 AM

Yes, i understand, for Christians personally. But you must accept the power the constitution holds in our nation. The courts are bound to follow it. They cannot allow unconstitutional laws to stand. All here are protected under the 14th amendment.

Wakiza33
03-29-2013, 01:45 AM
I highly doubt this is the reason that it is not legalized. I believe it has to do with peoples beliefs....

People are entitled to their beliefs, but they are not entitled to their beliefs setting laws on people whose beliefs are not the same.

Interestingly though that is the prosecution's main defense(about procreation). Its laughable.

AmazinJason
03-29-2013, 01:45 AM

I'm a Christian and I see where you are coming from, but I think you should really look at the other personal freedoms that our government allows and see whether they are all consistent with the Bible or not, and you will see that a different standard is applied to gay marriage than is applied to other morally "wrong" things in the Bible.

For example:

1st commandment, you shall have no other Gods before me. In America we have the freedom of religion. Do you want to abolish the 1st amendment? Almost any rational Christian would agree that the freedom of religion is good, but it is obviously in direct opposition to the 1st commandment.

2nd commandment, you shall not make idols. In America, there are no laws saying we can't make idols. You don't think this should be illegal do you?

3rd commandment, you shall not use the Lord's name in vain. In America, people use "Jesus" and "God" in vain all the time. You don't think this should be illegal do you?

4th commandment, remember the Sabbath. Clearly, stores are open on Sundays and lots of "Christians" don't even take the Sabbath off and work. Do you think there should be a law that forbids this?

Keep going down the list. The ones that are illegal (murder, stealing, false testimony against neighbor) are things that directly HURT someone else. The things that are legal are the ones that do not hurt someone else, and do you disagree with the fact that they are legal? Why do Christians make such a big deal out of gay marriage and set it to a different standard? Gay marriage doesn't hurt anyone else, as long as the government doesn't force churches to administer marriages if they don't want to. There are lots of things the Bible considers immoral, but the ones that are illegal are the ones that directly hurt someone else, and clearly gay marriage doesn't hurt anyone else. Like I said, I'm Christian myself, but lots of Christians take the issue of gay marriage completely differently from other issues that are just as important.

The_Standard
03-29-2013, 01:46 AM
What if someone does not want to be saved? I thought christians were not suppose to push their ideals on people but rather be open to those interested? Accepting them for who they are and then showing them the path of their savior.

WHY SHOULD YOUR BELIEFS COME ANYWHERE NEAR WHAT IS PLACED INTO LAW IN THIS COUNTRY?

DO YOU NOT SEE HOW YOUR BELIEFS ARE CONFLICTING WITH THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS TO PERSUE WHAT THEY WOULD LIKE TO PERSUE? I DO NOT CARE WHAT YOUR GOD SAYS YOU SHOULD DO TO COUNTERACT THE "EVILS" IN THIS WORLD. IT IS NOT YOUR PLACE TO MAKE LEGISLATION THAT DICTATES WHAT PEOPLE CAN AND CAN'T DO.

people kill people... it's been this way from the beginning of time... whether it be a ****ing club, knife, or gun people will kill each other.

People have the right to not be saved, and I'm not actively trying to "push" my beliefs on anyone. Trust me, I completely understand the anger that you, the homosexual community and proponents of gay marriage have. I'm put in a rather difficult predicament. If I preach the gospel and show my love through attempting to turn people from their sins, I am told I'm unAmerican and I'm full of hate. If I stand idly by as the US government passes legislation that 100% contradicts my religious beliefs, I am not truly being Christ-like.

I have gay family members. I have gay friends. I have friends that are active proponents of gay marriage. I don't judge and collect my friends on who agrees with me. I collect my friends based on the authenticity of their hearts, and I have an obligation to display that same authenticity.

Rangerz91
03-29-2013, 01:47 AM
I'm a Christian and I see where you are coming from, but I think you should really look at the other personal freedoms that our government allows and see whether they are all consistent with the Bible or not, and you will see that a different standard is applied to gay marriage than is applied to other morally "wrong" things in the Bible.

For example:

1st commandment, you shall have no other Gods before me. In America we have the freedom of religion. Do you want to abolish the 1st amendment? Almost any rational Christian would agree that the freedom of religion is good, but it is obviously in direct opposition to the 1st commandment.

2nd commandment, you shall not make idols. In America, there are no laws saying we can't make idols. You don't think this should be illegal do you?

3rd commandment, you shall not use the Lord's name in vain. In America, people use "Jesus" and "God" in vain all the time. You don't think this should be illegal do you?

4th commandment, remember the Sabbath. Clearly, stores are open on Sundays and lots of "Christians" don't even take the Sabbath off and work. Do you think there should be a law that forbids this?

Keep going down the list. The ones that are illegal (murder, stealing, false testimony against neighbor) are things that directly HURT someone else. The things that are legal are the ones that do not hurt someone else, and do you disagree with the fact that they are legal? Why do Christians make such a big deal out of gay marriage and set it to a different standard? Gay marriage doesn't hurt anyone else, as long as the government doesn't force churches to administer marriages if they don't want to. There are lots of things the Bible considers immoral, but the ones that are illegal are the ones that directly hurt someone else, and clearly gay marriage doesn't hurt anyone else. Like I said, I'm Christian myself, but lots of Christians take the issue of gay marriage completely differently from other issues that are just as important.

buirful repped.

warsaw_
03-29-2013, 01:47 AM
Conservatives have pretty much been hijacked by culture war nonsense. Liberals too.

Smolovicus
03-29-2013, 01:49 AM

The Bible also dictates that a government of man is no government of Christ, and that it should not be made so; as to force the will of Christianity on others forms a malicious, fallacious faith.

You're no different than any other pick-and-chooser Christian, using your carefully and willfully selected doctrines to validate preconceptions that existed before homosexual marriage was even a front page issue. srs.

SunKilMoon
03-29-2013, 01:53 AM
You guys have way BIGGER problems than phaggots getting married right now. The media is just trying to distract you guys.

Kazann
03-29-2013, 01:53 AM
in on 100th thread about this on misc.

phuck sick of hearing about this chit, let the phaggots get married already so we can move on with other things that are far more important - this sort of chit is holding progression down - where the phuck are my flying cars and robot slaves?!

seriously though, why dont they give gay people some sort of system similar to marriage where they get the same government benefits etc as a married couple, but its just not called marriage - pleases both religious folk and gay people

The_Standard
03-29-2013, 01:57 AM

For example:

I've argued this topic with Christians and non-Christians alike, and I must say you've provided the most logical, fair argument of anyone I've debated. I fully agree that Christians have a double standard. There are sins that Christians want to focus on (usually the one they don't struggle with) and sins they choose to let slide. The obesity epidemic within the church and America is a prime example.

However, the error in your argument is that the Christian community is not attempting to outlaw homosexuality. The Christian community is simply holding sacred what God created as sacred. I am aware of the divorce statistics, and they are sickening. I can only take care of myself and my home. Banning gay marriage doesn't make homosexuality illegal anymore than banning perjury makes lying illegal.

Side note: The Sabbath is a Saturday held sacred by the Jews. Jesus made clear his stance on this topic when confronted for healing on the Sabbath.

Rangerz91
03-29-2013, 01:58 AM
People have the right to not be saved, and I'm not actively trying to "push" my beliefs on anyone. Trust me, I completely understand the anger that you, the homosexual community and proponents of gay marriage have. I'm put in a rather difficult predicament. If I preach the gospel and show my love through attempting to turn people from their sins, I am told I'm unAmerican and I'm full of hate. If I stand idly by as the US government passes legislation that 100% contradicts my religious beliefs, I am not truly being Christ-like.

I have gay family members. I have gay friends. I have friends that are active proponents of gay marriage. I don't judge and collect my friends on who agrees with me. I collect my friends based on the authenticity of their hearts, and I have an obligation to display that same authenticity.

there's nothing more American than you preaching what you want to. However, when these "preachings" flow over into politics is when I get livid. I love the fact that people can promote whatever religion they want to freely. That's one of the things that make this nation so great.... The other aspect that makes this nation great is the separation of church and state. I feel that should go further to the ideologies of church should be separated from state.

warsaw_
03-29-2013, 01:59 AM

So you believe in God, yet you think your word is more powerful than his? Gays have access to the Bible (the word of God) and can read and decide for themselves. Yet you're egotistical enough to think that YOU are the one who is going to convince them, and not the word of God? And your confidence is so great in God that you feel that his word needs to be FORCED onto people through the law? I think you need to take a look inward and see how much you really believe in your God, because to me you seem pretty damn disrespectful.

Rangerz91
03-29-2013, 02:01 AM
I have never seen so much grounded debate about a topic like this in a long time. I definitely respect those who have posted thus far, and sorry to not have placed this in the R&P. Dat drunk miscin

But srs, feels good that there are some level headed miscers around here.

feelsgoodman

ne12o
03-29-2013, 02:06 AM
because marriage was never about "love" its about a man and a woman producing children

Smolovicus
03-29-2013, 02:12 AM
I've argued this topic with Christians and non-Christians alike, and I must say you've provided the most logical, fair argument of anyone I've debated. I fully agree that Christians have a double standard. There are sins that Christians want to focus on (usually the one they don't struggle with) and sins they choose to let slide. The obesity epidemic within the church and America is a prime example.

However, the error in your argument is that the Christian community is not attempting to outlaw homosexuality. The Christian community is simply holding sacred what God created as sacred. I am aware of the divorce statistics, and they are sickening. I can only take care of myself and my home. Banning gay marriage doesn't make homosexuality illegal anymore than banning perjury makes lying illegal.

Side note: The Sabbath is a Saturday held sacred by the Jews. Jesus made clear his stance on this topic when confronted for healing on the Sabbath.

You forget yourself in context of your own faith. You are not privy to the machinations of the Christian God (merely by having read the Bible) any more than an ant. To protest that it is the definite will of God for you to participate in the political demonstrations of men, and to attempt to bring the Earth closer to a "kingdom of God," is an arrogant affront to your own savior.

"My kingdom is not of this world: if My kingdom were of this world, then would My servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is My kingdom not from hence.” John 18:36

You are assuming your God has placed the responsibility of governing men into your hands, when in reality it in your God's alone. Thinking otherwise implies you have some form of insight to God's thought, which is known within your own religion to be an illusion of evil and a path to self righteous wickedness.

It is ONLY your duty to preach your gospel. Not to enforce it.

The_Standard
03-29-2013, 02:14 AM
So you believe in God, yet you think your word is more powerful than his? Gays have access to the Bible (the word of God) and can read and decide for themselves. Yet you're egotistical enough to think that YOU are the one who is going to convince them, and not the word of God? And your confidence is so great in God that you feel that his word needs to be FORCED onto people through the law? I think you need to take a look inward and see how much you really believe in your God, because to me you seem pretty damn disrespectful.

This is the problem with these debates. People are unable to avoid allowing it to become personal. Surely, you have a better argument than to make some outlandish claim that I am somehow being disrespectful to God by following my convictions.

Europeenne
03-29-2013, 02:15 AM
libertarian ftw

best of both worlds

TLTrooper
03-29-2013, 02:15 AM

so ****ing hypocritical.

ITT op stress freedom but expects people to conform to his views. Get the fuk outta here, and you wanna talk about being a hypocrite? lol live and let live fuknuts.

edit: miscer already said it best, why the fuk do you care so much? If the red profile pic shts bother you so much, then you're exactly the target audience cuz it roffs your jimbobs so much. U mad you're getting your jimmies rustled over Facebook "messages?" lol

The_Standard
03-29-2013, 02:17 AM
I must say there is much more intelligence within this forum than what I've been debating on... Wait for it... Facebook. Facebook friends just fall over themselves trying to develop a rational argument. Misc makes me think...

warsaw_
03-29-2013, 02:22 AM
This is the problem with these debates. People are unable to avoid allowing it to become personal. Surely, you have a better argument than to make some outlandish claim that I am somehow being disrespectful to God by following my convictions.

It isn't that outlandish. Read some Kierkegaard.

Smolovicus
03-29-2013, 02:24 AM
ITT op stress freedom but expects people to conform to his views. Get the fuk outta here, and you wanna talk about being a hypocrite? lol live and let live fuknuts.

edit: miscer already said it best, why the fuk do you care so much? If the red profile pic shts bother you so much, then you're exactly the target audience cuz it roffs your jimbobs so much. U mad you're getting your jimmies rustled over Facebook "messages?" lol

OP is not infringing on any freedoms by supporting gay marriage and questioning those that don't. Either way, you can still vote for or against it.

However, if you are someone that votes against it, you ARE infringing on the freedoms of others.

misc and logic, not even once.

akam1
03-29-2013, 02:27 AM
You go to UT brah?
Strong thread to campus current events correlation.

CaseyJamess
03-29-2013, 02:28 AM
The Bible also dictates that a government of man is no government of Christ, and that it should not be made so; as to force the will of Christianity on others forms a malicious, fallacious faith.

You're no different than any other pick-and-chooser Christian, using your carefully and willfully selected doctrines to validate preconceptions that existed before homosexual marriage was even a front page issue. srs.

This,

Don't quote the bible please- as I can just pick and choose passages depicting evil in the Bible.
The Judeo Christian God in the first Testament is literally EVIL, why would you accept the P.O.S. as your god? (major paraphrase of R Dawkins)

'For a woman who is not a virgin on her wedding night
If any man take a wife, and go in unto her, and hate her ... and say, I took this woman, and when I came to her, I found her not a maid: Then shall the father of the damsel, and her mother, take and bring forth the tokens of the damsel's virginity unto the elders of the city in the gate: And the damsel's father shall say ... these are the tokens of my daughter's virginity. And they shall spread the cloth before the elders of the city. ... But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel: Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die. Deuteronomy 22:13-21'

Religious Doctrine is backwards.

ne12o
03-29-2013, 02:31 AM

you mean land of the single people subsidizing married people?

EuphoriaPL
03-29-2013, 03:00 AM
call it a union or something similar but do NOT call it marriage. marriage is defined as between a man and a woman.

honestly idgaf what they do but legalizing marriage just pushes the idea that being gay is "ok" which i'm against.
i really wouldnt care if gays went about acting just like normal guys however i'm absolutely sick of seeing the prancing fairy phaggots roaming everywhere with their phaggot lisps, waving their hands/wrists down like a woman.
if you're gay go ahead but act like a fukn man at the very least. i'll believe that sexuality is not up to choice, however your behavior absolutely is. i dont go around being extremely "manly" (aka an assh*le).

what you do in your bedroom is your problem, but dont be boasting those phaggot gestures in public. if we accept gay marriage then we are accepting these relationships as being part of the "norm". its disgusting.

for me, seeing a heterosexual couple making out like crazy in public is disgusting. seeing them peck is normal and just simply not given any attention.
seeing a homosexual couple pecking, holding hands, or showing any signs of affection is, to me, disgusting (similarly, but far more than how disgusting witnessing a hetero couple making out is).

the point im trying to make here is homosexuality is already WAY too accepted in our society and letting them win now will only make it worse.

Necris
03-29-2013, 03:03 AM
I don't understand why people feel the need to get married, its a religious act and the majority of people who get married aren't religious. What's wrong with staying with the person you love for ever without getting married.

NOCKNOC6
03-29-2013, 03:07 AM
OP the title is wrong it should say you ****kin uglyfacewitchkunt nocturnal310 and witch MODS that banned my brothers NOCKNOC NOCKNOC 1 2 3 4 5 ! ! !

EuphoriaPL
03-29-2013, 03:09 AM
I don't understand why people feel the need to get married, its a religious act and the majority of people who get married aren't religious. What's wrong with staying with the person you love for ever without getting married.

- tax breaks.
- bitches love the ceremony part and sh*t like buying a wedding dress and getting a ring. girls pick out their wedding dresses and engagment rings that they want to get in the future in like high school now lol (srs)
- considered the "norm" and is part of tradition
- when you just live with someone, its much easier to call it quits during bad times. marriage often restrains ppl from leaving each other (obviously recently not as much as it used to with a 50+% divorce rate though)

The_Standard
03-29-2013, 03:12 AM

Is this a serious question? I don't have time to type it all out for you, but I found this website that gives a pretty good list of benefits of marriage aside from religious purposes...

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/marriage-rights-benefits-30190.html

nzgs
03-29-2013, 03:13 AM
In america the problem is that you have a lot of jesustrash who can't get over the fact that homosexuality isn't a choice. They cling to any biblical verses that support their prejudices.

I'm against gay christian marriage in churches. It's a violation of secular government. However gays should be entitled to marry outside churches and receive the exact same legal benefits. Government has no business telling christians what to do. Equally christians should shut the **** up and stop trying to influence government. Keep your cult to yourself.

biggestmuff
03-29-2013, 03:14 AM

basically you have no say in peoples rights until they detract from your own rights. Two lesbian women have no impact on you on your day to day basis. So what is exactly the problem? It is "not right"?(said from the standards of your religion)

strong hypocrite. what exactly are you for again? I knew given enough time you'd flip the script on yourself.

GarthVader
03-29-2013, 03:15 AM
I don't think this would be such a hot issue if the government didn't give out certain tax breaks or entitlements to married couples. These entitlements are funded by other tax payers and some of whom do not agree with homosexuality. If I'm not mistaken, the government provides those things in order to promote marriage and procreation in order to produce more little future tax payers. We all know the fault in this thinking but I think that is the idea behind it. Take government completely out of marriage and this issue cools down.

EuphoriaPL
03-29-2013, 03:15 AM
oh and OP to drive my point even further as to how homosexuality is not part of the socially accepted culture...

-Its similar to how people of our society will never understand how in other countries men that are 30-40+ years old marry girls as young as 10-12 years old, and we would never accept that here. we would find it disgusting and just morally wrong to see two such parties together.

-Similar to how you see people eating cockroaches and spiders and as accepting as you want to be of their culture...you simply cant help but look away in disgust because you were not raised that way.

Necris
03-29-2013, 03:16 AM
call it a union or something similar but do NOT call it marriage. marriage is defined as between a man and a woman.

honestly idgaf what they do but legalizing marriage just pushes the idea that being gay is "ok" which i'm against.
i really wouldnt care if gays went about acting just like normal guys however i'm absolutely sick of seeing the prancing fairy phaggots roaming everywhere with their phaggot lisps, waving their hands/wrists down like a woman.
if you're gay go ahead but act like a fukn man at the very least. i'll believe that sexuality is not up to choice, however your behavior absolutely is. i dont go around being extremely "manly" (aka an assh*le).

what you do in your bedroom is your problem, but dont be boasting those phaggot gestures in public. if we accept gay marriage then we are accepting these relationships as being part of the "norm". its disgusting.

for me, seeing a heterosexual couple making out like crazy in public is disgusting. seeing them peck is normal and just simply not given any attention.
seeing a homosexual couple pecking, holding hands, or showing any signs of affection is, to me, disgusting (similarly, but far more than how disgusting witnessing a hetero couple making out is).

the point im trying to make here is homosexuality is already WAY too accepted in our society and letting them win now will only make it worse.

I agree with the first paragraph. I'm not homophobic at all, but marriage is between a man and a woman. Its not marriage if it was between 2 men. similar to going to someones house for a threesome but a few more guys want to join it wouldn't then be a threesome would it.

Necris
03-29-2013, 03:18 AM
- tax breaks.
- bitches love the ceremony part and sh*t like buying a wedding dress and getting a ring. girls pick out their wedding dresses and engagment rings that they want to get in the future in like high school now lol (srs)
- considered the "norm" and is part of tradition
- when you just live with someone, its much easier to call it quits during bad times. marriage often restrains ppl from leaving each other (obviously recently not as much as it used to with a 50+% divorce rate though)

I heard there are benefits, and girls do love marriage. If it wasn't or these 2 I wouldn't marry my girlfriend in the future.

SmithMachineGuy
03-29-2013, 03:26 AM
I love Anne Hathaway.
Do I get to marry her?
What. I don't? Why not?
Marrying Anne Hathaway would make me happy.
Don't I have the right to do what makes me happy?
Wait I don't?
Listen people. I am sexually attracted to Anne Hathaway, and I should be able to marry her. It should be my right!

If I can't marry Anne Hathaway, that makes me sad and makes me feel like life is unfair. Some other guy got to marry Anne Hathaway. Why should he have more rights then me?

Wait, are you telling me that I DON'T have the right to be happy?

That can't be true. Liberals say that gays have the right to do what makes them happy.
Are gays more special than me? Why don't gays have to face the fact that sometimes people can't have everything they want if I have to?

If gays say that marrying who you love is a fundamental RIGHT, then damn it... I want to marry Anne Hathaway! No..I have the right to marry Anne Hathaway! No matter what she thinks of me! What is her not knowing who I am have to do with my RIGHTS! Is this not America?

jtaylor2010
03-29-2013, 03:28 AM
I say just allow them to have civil unions and all the same rights as straight married people. I'm more moderate than conservative, but I know a good bit of conservatives who feel the same way. Let the religious people keep marriage for themselves, and let gay people get their rights. If gay people are just worried about equal rights why are they so adamant about calling it marriage?

EuphoriaPL
03-29-2013, 03:29 AM
I love Anne Hathaway.
Do I get to marry her?
What. I don't? Why not?
Wait I don't?
Listen people. I am sexually attracted to Anne Hathaway, and I should be able to marry her. It should be my right!

If I can't marry Anne Hathaway, that makes me sad and makes me feel like life is unfair. Some other guy got to marry Anne Hathaway. Why should he have more rights then me?

That can't be true. Liberals say that gays have the right to do what makes them happy.
Are gays more special than me? Why don't gays have to face the fact that sometimes people can't have everything they want if I have to?

If gays say that marrying who you love is a fundamental RIGHT, then damn it... I want to marry Anne Hathaway! No..I have the right to marry Anne Hathaway! No matter what she thinks of me! What is her not knowing who I am have to do with my RIGHTS! Is this not America?

i am against this whole thing but your argument is just retarded

Necris
03-29-2013, 03:30 AM
Is this a serious question? I don't have time to type it all out for you, but I found this website that gives a pretty good list of benefits of marriage aside from religious purposes...

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/marriage-rights-benefits-30190.html

Thanks for the link, wasn't aware there was that many benefits for marriage. Its ridiculous that these are exclusive for marriage.

Merauder
03-29-2013, 03:40 AM
Why?

Because your attention would be on gays and not all the other **** they're doing.

Archangel_Lost
03-29-2013, 03:45 AM
Gays are not heavenly blessed beauties. Homosex is not the norm (deal with it). The question isn't about giving blacks equal rights, or women equal rights in the 50s like twinkle-toe supporters like to pretend, it's about what constitutes a family unit. I'm not conservative or religious, never have been either, but it is something worth debating. Tell me OP, are you as adamant about incest or polygamy as you are about homosexuality, since they all cover the same logical grounds as loving consenting adults?

HamburgerTrain
03-29-2013, 03:47 AM
I am tired of the media and facebook making it seem like I have to care about this. I hardly give a f*ck about the things that I do. Why should I care what gay people want to do? We had the gay marriage vote in this past election in Maryland. I wanted to write in "I'm not gay, how the f*ck can I vote on this?"

Plus, with the amount of international and financial problems we have right now, you would think "equal rights" would be put on the back burner until our constitutional rights and national safety got sorted out. But, what the f*ck do I know.

F*ck all of this, I am going to go buy more guns.

GarthVader
03-29-2013, 03:48 AM
I love Anne Hathaway.
Do I get to marry her?
What. I don't? Why not?
Wait I don't?

This is the most retarded argument I have ever heard. Pls go.

nzgs
03-29-2013, 03:52 AM
I don't think this would be such a hot issue if the government didn't give out certain tax breaks or entitlements to married couples. These entitlements are funded by other tax payers and some of whom do not agree with homosexuality. If I'm not mistaken, the government provides those things in order to promote marriage and procreation in order to produce more little future tax payers. We all know the fault in this thinking but I think that is the idea behind it. Take government completely out of marriage and this issue cools down.

I agree. The problem is that a lot of "small-government" conservatives really only want small government for everyone else and big government for themselves. You will have a hard time convincing conservatives to give up marriage welfare despite how ideologically contradictory it is.

opto2017
03-29-2013, 04:04 AM
I love Anne Hathaway.
Do I get to marry her?
What. I don't? Why not?
Wait I don't?

This is a horrible argument.

You do have the right to marry her, but the right to marry means simply that marriage isn't illegal. It is of my understanding that rights such as this don't tell you what you're allowed to do, but instead tell you what's not allowed. In other words, the right to marry means that you can go out and theoretically marry the president's daughter once she's 18 ffs, since by the right to marriage, it's not illegal to marry her.

But you're totally ignoring the part that marriage is a 2 party situation. You can't just go force yourself on her and marry her, for that would be comparable to rape. She has to want to marry you back. Do you even common sense?

Conservativetryingtobashliberallogic/10

opto2017
03-29-2013, 04:08 AM

You're an idiot as well. If you don't like that the Constitution is the law of the country in which you live, you can honestly gtfo.

Interestingly I've never told anyone that seriously before. But America isn't the UK, where the religious abide by their own laws and ignore those of the country.

Dr._S._Colbert
03-29-2013, 04:10 AM

Their economic policies are just as backward. More perhaps.

EuphoriaPL
03-29-2013, 04:13 AM
If you don't like that the Constitution is the law of the country in which you live, you can honestly gtfo..

you're the phaggots trying to change the current law. dont like it? YOU gtfo

Arnoldfan01
03-29-2013, 04:14 AM
Op, in fairness, remember, bill Clinton,Hillary Clinton and barrack Hussein Obama were all against same sex marriage, in fact they all gave speeches against in; all beloved by liberals.
VP Cheney supported same sex marriage, safe to say he's a conservative, yet still hated by liberals,as the media paints all conservatives with the same broad Brush: racist sexist bigoted homophobes, and most will believe it because they get their news from the daily show and SNL.

opto2017
03-29-2013, 04:16 AM

Did you even read the post I quoted? I don't think you did. But let me entertain your ignorance:

Lemme do a quick google search,

Amendment 28: Phaggots can't marry

Nope didn't see that in the constitution. Next.

Workhard20
03-29-2013, 04:25 AM

Came in to say something similar to this, left pleased only having to quote. Well said

yahwehorNoway
03-29-2013, 04:25 AM
What business does the state have defining anyone's relationship status? If we separate church and state this would not even be an issue. I have explained to my girlfriend that if we get married it will only be through the church and I will not sign a state marriage license since marriage is a religious institution/choice and not a contract. Christians brought this on themselves when we asked the government to be the authority over marriage rather than God.

Smolovicus
03-29-2013, 04:26 AM

I'm seriously getting rustled by the lack of logic displayed by some of the miscers here. We live in a phucking Democratic Republic. The law is BUILT partially upon the views of the public mind.

Religion is not. Religion is rooted deeply in tradition and is therefore stagnant and for the most part incompatible with a secular institution of government.

brb if you don't like a law that you can vote upon in a country that was founded on that very principle, then gtfo... unbelievably strong logic.

EuphoriaPL
03-29-2013, 04:31 AM
Did you even read the post I quoted? I don't think you did. But let me entertain your ignorance:

Lemme do a quick google search,

Amendment 28: Phaggots can't marry

Nope didn't see that in the constitution. Next.

yo numbnuts if its not illegal then tell me again why they're trying to legalize it?

EuphoriaPL
03-29-2013, 04:33 AM
I'm seriously getting rustled by the lack of logic displayed by some of the miscers here. We live in a phucking Democratic Republic. The law is BUILT partially upon the views of the public mind.

Religion is not. Religion is rooted deeply in tradition and is therefore stagnant and for the most part incompatible with a secular institution of government.

brb if you don't like a law that you can vote upon in a country that was founded on that very principle, then gtfo... unbelievably strong logic.

a) you realize this country's laws were founded based on catholic/christian principles?
b) i couldnt give less of a fuk what the bible says about homosexuality. reread my post with my reasoning as to why im against it. NOTHING to do with religion

kids.got.soul
03-29-2013, 04:37 AM
oh and OP to drive my point even further as to how homosexuality is not part of the socially accepted culture...

-Its similar to how people of our society will never understand how in other countries men that are 30-40+ years old marry girls as young as 10-12 years old, and we would never accept that here. we would find it disgusting and just morally wrong to see two such parties togethe.
Except gay marriage would be between two consenting adults, not a grown man and a child.

Smolovicus
03-29-2013, 04:38 AM
a) you realize this country's laws were founded based on catholic/christian principles?
b) i couldnt give less of a fuk what the bible says about homosexuality. reread my post with my reasoning as to why im against it. NOTHING to do with religion

1) No, because they weren't. Most of the Constitution's authors were, at best, deist and at worst appalled by Christianity's influence both historically and its imperialistic influence within the British empire.

2) That's fine. You still just told someone to "gtfo" for wanting to change a law in a country that is constitutionally structured around allowing people to influence the legislative process.

opto2017
03-29-2013, 04:39 AM

a) proof??? I could have sworn that the Founding Fathers were diest and specifically made their laws to separate church and state for a reason
b) the reason I even commented originally is because the religiphag on the first page said that he follows the bible before the constitution. That's why I mentioned he can gtfo. If you had read that then you wouldn't even be arguing with us, mr "I don't give a fuk what the bible says, libs are phags"

Singularity7
03-29-2013, 05:02 AM
Might want to think about that one more bro.

"As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion,—as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Mussulmen [Muslims],—and as the said States never entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mahometan [Mohammedan] nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Tripoli

Founding fathers did have beliefs but they put that behind themselves knowing full well what would happen to the country if they favoured a god. You realize the constitution mentions nothing about a christian or catholic god? America was not founded to be a Christian country.

Here are some quotes to solidify my points.

"Christianity neither is, nor ever was a part of the common law."
-Thomas Jefferson, letter to Dr. Thomas Cooper, February 10, 1814

"As the government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion..."
--Treaty of Tripoli (1797), carried unanimously by the Senate and signed into law by John Adams (the original language is by Joel Barlow, US Consul)

"The Bible is not my book nor Christianity my profession. I could never give assent to the long, complicated statements of Christian dogma."
- Abraham Lincoln, American president (1809-1865).

"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit. "
-- Thomas Paine, English born American author and revolutionary leader (1737-1809).

"The United States is in no sense founded on Christian Doctrine", George Washington (1732-1799) 1st President of the U.S.

"The purpose of separation of Church and State is to keep forever from these shores the ceaseless strife that has soaked the soil of Europe with blood for centuries", James Madison (1751-1836) 4th President of the U.S.

vladimirpukin
03-29-2013, 05:21 AM
How many **** conservatives stick up for NAMBLA?

If the debate is talking about rights for what others deem unnatural...

edit: here's a story about the ACLU defending NAMBLA

http://www.wnd.com/2000/12/4648/

krazy33
03-29-2013, 05:48 AM
Edited

SwimToTheMoon
03-29-2013, 06:44 AM
Don't give a **** crew.
Why do people care so much about gays? Bet less than 2% of the population is gay, let those 2% **** each other who gives a flying fukk?

ChickenDiapers
03-29-2013, 06:52 AM
the U.S. is a ****ing joke
It is the land of stupidity, not opportunity.

Phil9
03-29-2013, 06:57 AM
Conservatism often suffers in the U.S. because of their social policy [With a few exceptions like guns which they consistently win on]. Nothing new there.

How many **** conservatives stick up for NAMBLA?

If the debate is talking about rights for what others deem unnatural...

edit: here's a story about the ACLU defending NAMBLA

http://www.wnd.com/2000/12/4648/

The ACLU has defended just about everyone, even Jerry Falwell, Nazis, and the KKK at some point. So what?

amtharin
03-29-2013, 07:02 AM
Might want to think about that one more bro.

"As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion,—as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Mussulmen [Muslims],—and as the said States never entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mahometan [Mohammedan] nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Tripoli

Founding fathers did have beliefs but they put that behind themselves knowing full well what would happen to the country if they favoured a god. You realize the constitution mentions nothing about a christian or catholic god? America was not founded to be a Christian country.

Here are some quotes to solidify my points.

"Christianity neither is, nor ever was a part of the common law."
-Thomas Jefferson, letter to Dr. Thomas Cooper, February 10, 1814

"As the government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion..."
--Treaty of Tripoli (1797), carried unanimously by the Senate and signed into law by John Adams (the original language is by Joel Barlow, US Consul)

"The Bible is not my book nor Christianity my profession. I could never give assent to the long, complicated statements of Christian dogma."
- Abraham Lincoln, American president (1809-1865).

"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit. "
-- Thomas Paine, English born American author and revolutionary leader (1737-1809).

"The United States is in no sense founded on Christian Doctrine", George Washington (1732-1799) 1st President of the U.S.

"The purpose of separation of Church and State is to keep forever from these shores the ceaseless strife that has soaked the soil of Europe with blood for centuries", James Madison (1751-1836) 4th President of the U.S.

You're just flat out wrong. Why do non-religious people have such a hard time admitting this? Why does it bother you so much?? Im not religious, and its pretty ****ing obvious that the country was founded on Christian principals.

EuphoriaPL
03-29-2013, 07:20 AM
Except gay marriage would be between two consenting adults, not a grown man and a child.

your point is?

what im trying to prove is that it goes against social norm. i gave that example so that you can see what it feels like when you think of something as being against what society has established as normal.
although in other cultures it is seen as normal, a relationship between someone that is 40 and 12 here is seen as sick. as ****filia. you think of it and you automatically get a feeling of disgust which you cannot control because it is involuntary. before you even get a chance to fully process the thought/idea of such a relationship, you get a feeling that is just morally wrong deep in your gut. This is how i feel in regards to homosexual relationships.

oh and to the other guys:
by catholic principles i meant common sense morals that religion instills onto its followers like "dont kill ppl hurr durr" or "dont steal derp derp"

BruceBruce325
03-29-2013, 07:22 AM
op fails to realize gays and i have the exact same rights

i cant marry a guy either so it's totally unfair to both parties

i'd rather marry my best guy friend and collect on the benifits from that while we smash random females all our lives

ChickenDiapers
03-29-2013, 07:29 AM
by catholic principles i meant common sense morals that religion instills onto its followers
'Do what I say or I'll burn you' is not morality.

ToPHeR35
03-29-2013, 07:35 AM

so ****ing hypocritical.

UT Brah

Liberal OP fails to realize the division within the Republican party.

EuphoriaPL
03-29-2013, 07:39 AM
'Do what I say or I'll burn you' is not morality.

nice job cutting out the actual morals from my quote phaggot.

let me be clear on my beliefs. there is no god. i am not religious. i am aware the church was, and continues to be corrupt as fuk. but be phucking cereal for a min and admit that morals like dont kill, dont steal, dont lie, etc... are ones everyone should teach their children.

the stories written in the bible hold messages that in general teach people by example how to be good people. are they fairy tales? yes. so is santa claus but parents continue to dress up as that fat bearded fuker.

HumptyBrah
03-29-2013, 07:43 AM

No problem with gay marriage or weed, however who ever tries to take whats left of my right to bear arms....

Should I also mention the feds cracking down on CA pot dispensaries under a Dem pres?
The California libertarian presence is strong ITT

Oh, and in on another random conservative bashing thread

opto2017
03-29-2013, 09:29 AM
oh and to the other guys:
by catholic principles i meant common sense morals that religion instills onto its followers like "dont kill ppl hurr durr" or "dont steal derp derp"

I wasn't aware that Catholics are from where we get the ideas of don't kill / don't steal.

Brb Catholic priests molesting little kids
Brb look to the source
Brb Abraham killing his son for God
Brb lol
Brb lettuce be reality
Brb Code of Hammurabi
Brb ancient Egypt
Brb ancient Greeks / Romans
Brb brb

edit:

You're just flat out wrong. Why do non-religious people have such a hard time admitting this? Why does it bother you so much?? Im not religious, and its pretty ****ing obvious that the country was founded on Christian principals.

I honestly can't tell if this is a toaster for a roll bread or if this is srs. If srs, which I doubt, strong contrary evidence/10

Spartacus777
03-29-2013, 09:36 AM

This. Here here to the Libertarians. Only rational human beings in American politics at this point.

amtharin
03-29-2013, 09:41 AM
I honestly can't tell if this is a toaster for a roll bread or if this is srs. If srs, which I doubt, strong contrary evidence/10

Are you one of those scared non-religious people, who are in denial as well?

MediaDeit
03-29-2013, 10:03 AM

Soo, bible thumping is your only argument.... please kill yourself.... and go to your magical fairy tale in the sky a few decades early, no?

MediaDeit
03-29-2013, 10:06 AM

You think you are loving, but you are really a piece of trash, an idiot, or wants to force their fairy tales on everyone else. People with your argument were preaching about how slavery was justified based on the bible back in the 1800's... now we look back and view those people are awful humans, you are no better.

MediaDeit
03-29-2013, 10:07 AM
You guys have way BIGGER problems than phaggots getting married right now. The media is just trying to distract you guys.

There are always many issues at hand, there will always be bigger issues, but it is certainly justified that there is outrage for such injustice.

MediaDeit
03-29-2013, 10:09 AM

phuck sick of hearing about this chit, let the phaggots get married already so we can move on with other things that are far more important - this sort of chit is holding progression down - where the phuck are my flying cars and robot slaves?!

seriously though, why dont they give gay people some sort of system similar to marriage where they get the same government benefits etc as a married couple, but its just not called marriage - pleases both religious folk and gay people

oh you mean similar to segregation in the southern states? .... :rolleyes:

NattyKanadian
03-29-2013, 10:17 AM
I don't know why they can't leave marriage as a uniqe thing between man and woman, and have civil unions.

amtharin
03-29-2013, 10:21 AM
I don't know why they can't leave marriage as a uniqe thing between man and woman, and have civil unions.

They will be changing the meaning of vaginal intercourse before you know it.

"But, but, but, it not fair that only men and women can have vaginal intercourse."

OutdoorX
03-29-2013, 10:23 AM
Gay marriage is highly supported by conservatives in their 20's. It's more of a generational issue. The issue will be gone soon enough, and we can start focusing our energy on things that matter more.

NattyKanadian
03-29-2013, 10:23 AM
They will be changing the meaning of vaginal intercourse before you know it.

"But, but, but, it not fair that only men and women can have vaginal intercourse."

I'm being srs lol. Even Elton John says he doesn't believe in marriage or some chit like that.

Don't even get me started on gay adoption. Anyways, personally if two gays can marry and adopt kids and have a "Family" I don't see why two cousins can't do the same.

amtharin
03-29-2013, 10:24 AM
I'm being srs lol. Even Elton John says he doesn't believe in marriage or some chit like that.

Don't even get me started on gay adoption. Anyways, personally if two gays can marry and adopt kids and have a "Family" I don't see why two cousins can't do the same.

So am I. People are just so offended at the idea that a term can be used specifically for a man and women, I don't get it.

NattyKanadian
03-29-2013, 10:28 AM
So am I. People are just so offended at the idea that a term can be used specifically for a man and women, I don't get it.

Because for some reason, morons like to equate that with segregation in 1960's America and make you feel guilty for having those views. It seems like only a few European and american states have been infected with this Gay propaganda, I wouldn't worry.

FawkinJuicy
03-29-2013, 11:48 AM

http://www.gifcrap.com/g2data/albums/Celebrities/Nicolas%20Cage%20laughing%20like%20a%20mad%20man.g if

But as to the original topic, the Federal Government shouldn't play any role in marriage. With the country on it's way to bankruptcy and economic armageddon, why in the #$#@ are we even talking about gay marriage? (100% dead srs).

nightmare69
03-29-2013, 11:52 AM
http://www.gifcrap.com/g2data/albums/Celebrities/Nicolas%20Cage%20laughing%20like%20a%20mad%20man.g if

But as to the original topic, the Federal Government shouldn't play any role in marriage. With the country on it's way to bankruptcy and economic armageddon, why in the #$#@ are we even talking about gay marriage? (100% dead srs).

This, we have alot bigger problems that we should be dealing with rather than wasting time on gay marriage.

brighamw
03-29-2013, 12:03 PM
Soo, bible thumping is your only argument.... please kill yourself.... and go to your magical fairy tale in the sky a few decades early, no?

It always warms the cockles to see such open mindedness & tolerance from the side of diversity & understanding...

Tell us more about the intolerant, hate filled religious biggots you're fighting the good fight against...

Oh wait, you've gone to camp ;)

vryan
03-29-2013, 12:07 PM
Srs op.
Every last one of them will argue "this country was settled to practice (insert Christian denomination)

NattyKanadian
03-29-2013, 12:09 PM
It always warms the cockles to see such open mindedness & tolerance from the side of diversity & understanding...

Tell us more about the intolerant, hate filled religious biggots you're fighting the good fight against...

It's only tolerance and diversity when its in line with what liberals love. This excludes: "Uncle Toms", Christians, White males, conservatives etc.

Streetbull
03-29-2013, 12:10 PM

Gay rights supporters aren't happy with all the government benefits of marriage. They want marriage so they can rub that in the faces of the mainstream majority. 'Ha, ha...we just sht on your sacred institution!" That's actually a big reason why it is resisted so much as it is.

Since no one has a 'right' to marriage at all (civil privileges aren't rights), who can marry whom is subject to voting. Gay marriage supporters don't like that because they have to convince voters. It is much easier to find an activist judge. That pisses off the majority even more.

Yet despite all the above, more people are inclined to support it now. Shows how tolerant many Americans have become of what is, in essence, aberrant behavior.

BobisMighty
03-29-2013, 12:44 PM

To me, if I truly believe that you could go to hell for your sin, there is no greater love I can show than to attempt to save you from that hell. How can I stand idly by and watch someone pave their own road to eternal damnation if I truly love them? The love Jesus speaks of is a love in which Christians should be more concerned about others' eternal life rather than their earthly rights.Awesome, so now we know you have no legitimate argument against gay marriage on a constitutional basis. I can now consider your opinion null and void on the subject.

A parallel to your argument? Muslims seeking the ban of pork based products being sold and consumed in the US. Why? I can now quote you

To me, if I truly believe that you could go to hell for your sin, there is no greater love I can show than to attempt to save you from that hell. How can I stand idly by and watch someone pave their own road to eternal damnation if I truly love them? No ham for you, just trying to save your soul brah.

fitnessislife
03-29-2013, 12:56 PM

so ****ing hypocritical.

brb can't own guns, drink big sodas, pray in public, ect

matt3400
03-29-2013, 12:58 PM
It's all smoke in mirrors so the clowns on the hill could fly this one right under the gaydar....radar.....

http://grist.org/food/monsanto-flirts-with-disaster-owns-the-world-anyway/

"Then there’s the so-called “Monsanto Protection Act,” snuck into the recent federal government’s funding bill, that allows the USDA to override any judge who tells Monsanto it’s not allowed to spread its genetically modified seeds around. It may not have given the company protections that it doesn’t already enjoy from a compliant USDA — and Politico reports that Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack thinks the provision might be unenforceable — but it certainly demonstrates the company’s continued power on Capitol Hill."

GreatOldOne
03-29-2013, 01:00 PM
As far as the government is or should be concerned marriage is a legal contract regarding taxes, property rights, and various other things. 'Gay marriage' should be a non issue. The conservatives preach holding onto our founding documents with such fervor...they forget the idea of 'separation of church and state'.

The churchers can keep their holy matrimony and bless or curse whoever they want with their special religious marriage. This shouldn't be an issue whatsoever except for the religious nuts out there who feel like their magical ideas should apply to everyone without backing it up with actual reasons.

You'll see references only to their sacred texts...not our constitution. Their points are worthless. Yet, I have little doubt this will go on for another 20 years until enough of the crazy religious nuts have died off that it's inescapable.

lasher
03-29-2013, 01:02 PM

Was looking for his post to neg him, realized he was banned as well. EverythingWentBetterThenExpected.mpeg

amtharin
03-29-2013, 01:08 PM
You guys established separation of church and the state in your constitution over 100 years before laïcité was enshrined in French law (not even in the French constitution yet!)

And still the religious argument is used??

Err, not really.

GreatOldOne
03-29-2013, 01:09 PM

I think they should take a hachet to the tax code and rewrite it to make more sense...and all the way down to the county level where this crap happens...NO MORE MARRIAGE LICENSES. You say you're married? Ok, who gives a fuk?

Interestingly, where I was married you got your marriage license from the same desk and person who handed out the death certificates. It was an interesting room full of people.

fitnessislife
03-29-2013, 01:10 PM
You guys established separation of church and the state in your constitution over 100 years before laïcité was enshrined in French law (not even in the French constitution yet!)

And still the religious argument is used??

There's no such thing as separation of church and state, it's nowhere in the Constitution. It's a term that only appears in a letter from Thomas Jefferson and the idea is to prevent the government from establishing "x religion" as the official religion of the US. It DOES NOT.....I repeat.....it DOES NOT mean no mention of God in public, no displays of religious symbols, no reference of God in public schools as the liberals have turned it into.

lasher
03-29-2013, 01:12 PM
Doesn't the first amendment say it?

lol no. It says congress shall not establish a state religion, and it will not pass laws to abridge the free practice of religion.

amtharin
03-29-2013, 01:13 PM
Doesn't the first amendment say it?

No, not at all.

The phrase was first used by Thomas Jefferson in a letter in the early 1800's, and even then, in context, it was a much more toned down version of it. It was not used by our government until a supreme court ruling in the late 1800's. The phrase does not exist in our constitution, but you would be surprised how many people actual believe that it does. Sense you seem like one of dem dar foreigners, Ill cut you some slack.

For your education, look at the text of the first amendment...

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

There is nothing there about a separation of any kind. I only says that congress cant pass a law that favors one religion over another. So for example, Congress could start off every day with a prayer if the wanted to, even a christian prayer (and the do), but they could not make a law saying "we have to start every day with a christian prayer". That would be an unconstitutional law.

GreatOldOne
03-29-2013, 01:13 PM
There's no such thing as separation of church and state, it's nowhere in the Constitution. It's a term that only appears in a letter from Thomas Jefferson and the idea is to prevent the government from establishing "x religion" as the official religion of the US. It DOES NOT.....I repeat.....it DOES NOT mean no mention of God in public, no displays of religious symbols, no reference of God in public schools as the liberals have turned it into.

except for the first ammendment. and we liberals didn't do that one. establishment and free exercise clause.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion. . . .I won't accuse the christians from being able to read or interperet things very well, though...lol.

Harvey95
03-29-2013, 01:19 PM
Right winger checking in

I don't understand why people are so against gay marriage. It's awful that someone could never marry the person they love.
I honestly think they should make it so everyone gets a civil union, gay or straight, and make a civil union equal to what marriage is now. And if you want to get "married", leave the gov out of it and go to a church

lasher
03-29-2013, 01:19 PM
except for the first ammendment. and we liberals didn't do that one. establishment and free exercise clause.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion. . . .I won't accuse the christians from being able to read or interperet things very well, though...lol.

That isn't separation of church and state. That is congress being forbidden to establish a state religion, or prevent the practice of religion.

amtharin
03-29-2013, 01:23 PM
Okay fair enough.

But if it prevents the government from establishing a religion, doesn't that imply that biblical scripture is not a sufficient basis to enact / maintain laws?

You cant stop people from being motivated by religion, hence the "or prohibiting the free exercise thereof", part of the amendment. You just cant pass a law in the favor of a relgion.

GreatOldOne
03-29-2013, 01:32 PM
That isn't separation of church and state. That is congress being forbidden to establish a state religion, or prevent the practice of religion.

it's not the establishment of "a state religion". it's "establishment of religion". any religion, piece, or part of it. "of religion" refers religious practices of any specifically religious kind. laws regarding marriage in regards to defining that as some kind of holy matrimony are included in "of religion".

if you don't want to call that seperation...well, you guys have a track record for taking old texts and making them 'mean' anything and everything YOU want.

lasher
03-29-2013, 01:34 PM
it's not the establishment of "a state religion". it's "establishment of religion". any religion, piece, or part of it. "of religion" refers religious practices of any specifically religious kind. laws regarding marriage in regards to defining that as some kind of holy matrimony are included in "of religion".

Yeah, we are saying the same thing. Congress may not establish a religion, nor prevent the exercise of religion. Not sure why the state part is confusing you. We are a state. Congress may not establish a religion for our state.

As amarthin said, the political argument against gay marriage does not tend to talk about religion being the reason it is opposed.

GreatOldOne
03-29-2013, 01:35 PM
You cant stop people from being motivated by religion, hence the "or prohibiting the free exercise thereof", part of the amendment. You just cant pass a law in the favor of a relgion.

this is why you could or should never pass laws which force churches to perform marriage ceremonies for certain people who they dislike for any reason. they just need to step out all together and let churches do whatever they want. i think marriage should mean absolutely jack **** to the government, and existing laws and taxes should be redone to make everything more logical in that respect....that will never happen, because it will be too complicated. so, what they will do is say gay people can get married eventually.

alexsmhs
03-29-2013, 01:36 PM

This.. Obamas drug czar has been cracking down since elected.

No probs with gay marriage, people should be FREE to do what they please with their lives.. It's actually none of our business, people need to worry about themselves. However,if my 2nd amendment rights are jeopardized, it's on bishes.

BruceBruce325
03-29-2013, 02:20 PM
i dont get the title op used

i mean didn't californians AND north carolinans vote on whether to allow gay marriage and it was voted down....

last time i checked cali was a libtard cess pool

also.. even though they voted and it was turned down... the goverment still stepped in. make gay marriage states rights... not federal law.... hell get the federal govt otu of everything.

HumptyBrah
03-29-2013, 02:52 PM
i dont get the title op used

i mean didn't californians AND north carolinans vote on whether to allow gay marriage and it was voted down....

last time i checked cali was a libtard cess pool

also.. even though they voted and it was turned down... the goverment still stepped in. make gay marriage states rights... not federal law.... hell get the federal govt otu of everything.
The argument is that disallowing gay marriage is unconstitutional, which would not make it a states rights issue

GreatOldOne
03-29-2013, 03:09 PM
Yeah, we are saying the same thing. Congress may not establish a religion, nor prevent the exercise of religion. Not sure why the state part is confusing you. We are a state. Congress may not establish a religion for our state.

As amarthin said, the political argument against gay marriage does not tend to talk about religion being the reason it is opposed.

is not the state part in question in my mind. it's establishing "a religion" versus "a practice belonging soley to a religion". it says you can't pick and choose and sneak any of your magical beliefs into law. but yeah you do anyway.

War Machine
03-29-2013, 03:14 PM

so ****ing hypocritical.

unaware every conservative feels that way.

unaware Obama was a conservative.

unaware Bill Clinton was conservative

unaware Hillary Clinton was conservative until a few weeks ago

unaware a majority of black people are conservative

unaware as a conservative I am religious.

HumptyBrah
03-29-2013, 03:25 PM

Welcome to the R/P. Partisan hackery and blanket statements are the order of the day.

FawkinJuicy
03-29-2013, 03:27 PM
The real question is, why are gay people so eager for the ability to lose half of your chit? ;)

arneeche
03-29-2013, 03:29 PM
I am a conservative and I don't see any reason to not give them equal rights in regards to marriage. It doesn't hurt me or anyone else so I'm fine with it. That said I tend to be more Libertarian than Republican. And I couldn't give a **** about what some fairytale book says about it.

GreatOldOne
03-29-2013, 03:39 PM
The real question is, why are gay people so eager for the ability to lose half of your chit? ;)

hospital visitation rights, paternity issues, estate issues and tax issues in general would be my guess.

GreatOldOne
03-29-2013, 03:40 PM
Welcome to the R/P. Partisan hackery and blanket statements are the order of the day.

just your opinion*

Rangerz91
03-29-2013, 03:45 PM
I love Anne Hathaway.
Do I get to marry her?
What. I don't? Why not?
Wait I don't?

absolutely an atrocious analogy. pls go

HumptyBrah
03-29-2013, 03:45 PM
just your opinion*

Trust me noob, partisan hackery and blanket statements abound here.

HumptyBrah
03-29-2013, 03:46 PM
I love Anne Hathaway.
Do I get to marry her?
What. I don't? Why not?
Wait I don't?

Do you truly believe the shiit that you just typed?

GreatOldOne
03-29-2013, 03:51 PM

Trust me noob, partisan hackery and blanket statements abound here.

lol i was being really ironic there. i've seen so many posts to an, if not well thought out argument or logical argument...somebody spent a decent effort to say something and then it will be cut down by the 'just your opinion*' axe without any attempt to engage to logic or lack thereof. i have no doubt this is the order of the day...at all.

Rangerz91
03-29-2013, 03:51 PM

I wasn't trying to speak in absolutes. Lettuce be real tea here for a second... A majority of the conservative party has things backwards when it comes to personal liberties. I just think it's so ironic when people can get fired up about gun control yet be okay with limiting what those would like to pursue in regards to happiness. just lol. (I'm not okay with controlling guns btw you have the right to bear arms)

HumptyBrah
03-29-2013, 03:52 PM
lol i was being really ironic there. i've seen so many posts to an, if not well thought out argument or logical argument...somebody spent a decent effort to say something and then it will be cut down by the 'just your opinion*' axe without any attempt to engage to logic or lack thereof. i have no doubt this is the order of the day...at all.
ok, that must explain the maroon text lol

War Machine
03-29-2013, 04:00 PM
I wasn't trying to speak in absolutes. Lettuce be real tea here for a second... A majority of the conservative party has things backwards when it comes to personal liberties. I just think it's so ironic when people can get fired up about gun control yet be okay with limiting what those would like to pursue in regards to happiness. just lol. (I'm not okay with controlling guns btw you have the right to bear arms)

The problem is though, a MAJORITY isn't backwards when it come to personal liberty. The MAJORITY I have come across doesn't care.

Yes, there are some weirdos, but they are the MINORITY. The issue is quite a few of the minority are establishment and liberals focus on them.

HumptyBrah
03-29-2013, 04:03 PM
Conservative Party?

brb googling

BFast55
03-29-2013, 04:47 PM
Marriage is a religious ritual. Today gays can get married by any church that is willing to wed them. The issue is about the gov't perks associated with marriage.
Instead of arguing for gov't to recognize gay married couples' benifets, why aren't they arguing for gov't to get out of marriage all together?
After all, it is also not fair to straight couples who get no such benefit even though many live together and have children together.

Gov't out of marriage = level playing field.

BFast55
03-29-2013, 04:51 PM
LOL right, and democrats aren't backwards because they are only pro gay marriage when it becomes political expedient for them to be.

BRB being conservative and always being against gay marriage = bad.
BRB Being liberal and using gay issues as a wedge issue to win votes = OK.

Danger_Close
03-29-2013, 05:02 PM
In the US there is separation of church and state. It's okay if you don't want your church to have gay marriage. To have your church dictate laws is against what this country was founded on. So find a religious country to live in that takes away peoples right....
no its not. separation of church and state, is the STATE out of the church. Not the church out of government. A church can support anything they want. Your twisting it.

HumptyBrah
03-29-2013, 05:03 PM
no its not. separation of church and state, is the STATE out of the church. Not the church out of government. A church can support anything they want. Your twisting it.
Separation of church and state is separation of church and state. That means no laws for the sake of religion.

Rangerz91
03-29-2013, 05:06 PM
LOL right, and democrats aren't backwards because they are only pro gay marriage when it becomes political expedient for them to be.

BRB being conservative and always being against gay marriage = bad.
BRB Being liberal and using gay issues as a wedge issue to win votes = OK.

I'm not saying liberals aren't backwards in some aspects. for me atleast, it's not necessarily the issue of gay marriage. It's the principle of restricting freedoms that don't harm you in any legitimate way. that makes me irate.

Edit: in the same way that liberals wanting to get rid of guns makes me irate.

Fiyero
03-29-2013, 05:08 PM
Because we can't have them gay couples who have been together for 20+ years being recognized by the government. We must ensure the sanctity of Britney Spears' 55 hour drunken marriage is protected!

Rangerz91
03-29-2013, 05:11 PM

no. let's dissect the phrase real quick... separation... Ok one "thing" is being separated from another "thing.

You have church and then you have state. Please replace church and state with "thing" respectively...

So what do we have...
church and state separated.
meaning that church is not affiliated with government policy making and that government does not influence church policy.

War Machine
03-29-2013, 05:25 PM

I like how he said he "wasn't speaking about absolutes", though the OP made no distinction.

And now it isn't absolute, just "a majority".

Maybe tomorrow will be "some"

Danger_Close
03-29-2013, 05:30 PM
Separation of church and state is separation of church and state. That means no laws for the sake of religion.

no. let's dissect the phrase real quick... separation... Ok one "thing" is being separated from another "thing.

You have church and then you have state. Please replace church and state with "thing" respectively...

So what do we have...
meaning that church is not affiliated with government policy making and that government does not influence church policy.
no. Separation of church and state, is that the STATE shall make no law to respect or harm the church. However, the church has no obligation to give up their 1st amendment, especially if its political speech. What your say is that the church has to give up their rights, which isn't true. The can voice their opinions all they want.

HumptyBrah
03-29-2013, 05:31 PM
no. Separation of church and state, is that the STATE shall make no law to respect or harm the church. However, the church has no obligation to give up their 1st amendment, especially if its political speech.
Oh. That's not what you said the first time. I agree with this. I think same sex marriage should be legal but churches should be able to decline marrying them.

Danger_Close
03-29-2013, 05:33 PM
Oh. That's not what you said the first time. I agree with this. I think same sex marriage should be legal but churches should be able to decline marrying them.
i didnt change my opinion, just worded it differently.

War Machine
03-29-2013, 05:41 PM

So what do we have...

Yes. Let's dissect....HISTORY.

Separation of church and state isn't in the constitution.

It comes from a letter written by Thomas Jefferson to Danbury Baptists when he was asked about religious liberty....being Jefferson wrote the constitution he should know. His exact words were "...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,' thus building a wall of separation between Church & State."

You also have to take their lives into context. There was a Church of England. Piss off the King/Queen...excommunicated. Jefferson didn't want a Church of America.

Second, look at the letter Jefferson responded to:

"Our Sentiments are uniformly on the side of Religious Liberty — That Religion is at all times and places a matter between God and individuals — That no man ought to suffer in name, person, or effects on account of his religious Opinions — That the legitimate Power of civil government extends no further than to punish the man who works ill to his neighbor..."

Damn they were wordy back then. lol

The Danbury were a minority....they feared the establishment (aka majority religion) in the area would force them to believe as they did via state religion. In modern laymens terms, Jefferson said don't worry about it.

War Machine
03-29-2013, 05:42 PM

this.

People should never be forced to do anything.

If you don't like what X does, move on to Y, maybe they are to your liking.

KrnPratapSingh1
03-31-2013, 02:08 AM
OP might actually be a phaggot.

Trollface.gif

Lol...XD

Freek314
03-31-2013, 03:52 AM

Christian and repping this man. 100% correct.

Freek314
03-31-2013, 04:04 AM
no. Separation of church and state, is that the STATE shall make no law to respect or harm the church. However, the church has no obligation to give up their 1st amendment, especially if its political speech. What your say is that the church has to give up their rights, which isn't true. The can voice their opinions all they want.

If you're trying to say that a legitimate pursuit for Christians is to actively support the idea that certain groups should have less sovereignty, then you should take another look at the Bible as well as the mirror.

Remove the log from your own eye first, and please learn humility.

Danger_Close
03-31-2013, 07:13 AM
If you're trying to say that a legitimate pursuit for Christians is to actively support the idea that certain groups should have less sovereignty, then you should take another look at the Bible as well as the mirror.

Remove the log from your own eye first, and please learn humility.
what are you talking about certain groups? please elaborate.

Freek314
03-31-2013, 07:54 PM
what are you talking about certain groups? please elaborate.

You're X so you can't Y.

Uncle-Phil
03-31-2013, 08:07 PM
The fact that this gay thing is such a big government issue says a lot t about our current situation.

There's more important chit to worry about.

Uncle-Phil
03-31-2013, 08:11 PM

people kill people... it's been this way from the beginning of time... whether it be a ****ing club, knife, or gun people will kill each other. Post of the week.

Danger_Close
03-31-2013, 08:14 PM
You're X so you can't Y.

Are you obtuse? Or are purposely being vague. If you can't post a complete sentence then just stop posting incomplete observations.

explain: the certain groups your talking about, and what "log" i have in my eye and how i'm being a hypocrite.

IDrinkBloodLOL
03-31-2013, 08:23 PM
I'd explain this in detail (as I have time and time again), but OP has become a mad monkey who's more interested in flinging poo than sharing ideas.

Thus, I withhold my explanation.

Freek314
03-31-2013, 08:33 PM
Are you obtuse? Or are purposely being vague. If you can't post a complete sentence then just stop posting incomplete observations.

explain: the certain groups your talking about, and what "log" i have in my eye and how i'm being a hypocrite.

certain group: gays that want to marry, in this case

log in your eye/hypocrisy: your hubris in thinking that you, as an imperfect person, should have power over what others are allowed to do

Seriously, all of my posts before this were complete sentences, and if anyone else had a problem understanding them, I will be surprised.

jbantham
03-31-2013, 08:33 PM
If they were phaggots like you ascertain, this thread would not exist.

Continue.

Danger_Close
03-31-2013, 09:06 PM
certain group: gays that want to marry, in this case

log in your eye/hypocrisy: your hubris in thinking that you, as an imperfect person, should have power over what others are allowed to do

Seriously, all of my posts before this were complete sentences, and if anyone else had a problem understanding them, I will be surprised.
My hubris? Son, you say your christian, yet you dont even support christian principals. If you cant understand that i dont know what to tell you, your putting words in my mouth. btw thats not a log in my eye, and if you knew any scripture you would know that. Having a log in my eye is applicable in the context of me being a explicit hypocrite, which im not. Not all things we can do are unlimited, and i think children raised in same sex households will be missing a very important part in their development. Be it missing their real mom/dad, or all the way to not knowing how a hetro couple interacts, and the dynamic/wisdom that can come from decades of observation, thus not giving them proper footing for building a hetro relationship of their own. Many kids are prone to depression, suicide, etc, and imo its not good for society in the long run.

I dont support gay marriage, and i dont support hetro state sponsored marriage. Its not the place of the government to be involved in that, and the bible clearly states that.

Freek314
03-31-2013, 09:31 PM
My hubris? Son, you say your christian, yet you dont even support christian principals. If you cant understand that i dont know what to tell you, your putting words in my mouth. btw thats not a log in my eye, and if you knew any scripture you would know that. Having a log in my eye is applicable in the context of me being a explicit hypocrite, which im not. Not all things we can do are unlimited, and i think children raised in same sex households will be missing a very important part in their development. Be it missing their real mom/dad, or all the way to not knowing how a hetro couple interacts, and the dynamic/wisdom that can come from decades of observation, thus not giving them proper footing for building a hetro relationship of their own. Many kids are prone to depression, suicide, etc, and imo its not good for society in the long run.

I dont support gay marriage, and i dont support hetro state sponsored marriage. Its not the place of the government to be involved in that, and the bible clearly states that.

So you would support gay marriage if it had a basis in another religion?

Aegraen
03-31-2013, 09:37 PM
We need to etch in stone separation of State and Contract. Cot damn where be mah property rights (self-ownership). Government don't own me. I own myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMAwb5hPyqM

Classical Liberalism / Libertarianism ftw.

frankenstein78
03-31-2013, 09:39 PM
I haven't seen anything but profile pictures changed to equal signs on FB since early last week. I was unaware some douches had the not equal signs.

OP, I think it's almost entirely an age thing. Most of the people I know are slightly to very conservative economically. 1 guy I grew up and played sports with a long time ago is the 1 and only person I know who fits the description you've mentioned. All the rest are pro-gay rights or simply don't care what people do behind closed doors. Then again, many of the conservatives I know are either agnostic or atheist too, which is also an age thing. It's the country bumpkins who praise Jesus every 5 minutes that care. Even among those, most of the young ones are 'meh' when it comes to phags. Almost no one under 40 gives a rat's ass about gays, regardless of politics.

Danger_Close
03-31-2013, 09:55 PM
So you would support gay marriage if it had a basis in another religion? if it wasn't done by the church i wouldn't mind. I would still be concerned for the long term, but as long as churches are not aiding in such things.

Freek314
03-31-2013, 10:07 PM
if it wasn't done by the church i wouldn't mind. I would still be concerned for the long term, but as long as churches are not aiding in such things.

So if another religion did it, it would be worse?

Danger_Close
03-31-2013, 11:03 PM
So if another religion did it, it would be worse?
worse? no.

Lakersbake
03-31-2013, 11:20 PM
For me its all about the children, I cannot support a same sex marriage raising children.

pacer90
04-01-2013, 08:55 AM
People have the right to not be saved, and I'm not actively trying to "push" my beliefs on anyone. Trust me, I completely understand the anger that you, the homosexual community and proponents of gay marriage have. I'm put in a rather difficult predicament. If I preach the gospel and show my love through attempting to turn people from their sins, I am told I'm unAmerican and I'm full of hate. If I stand idly by as the US government passes legislation that 100% contradicts my religious beliefs, I am not truly being Christ-like..

you dont have to get a gay marriage yourself. So the only way you are not being Christ like is if you are involving yourself in someone else's affairs.

Thus, you are pushing your beliefs on others.

HumptyBrah
04-01-2013, 09:00 AM
For me its all about the children, I cannot support a same sex marriage raising children.
Can you link to one credible, verifiable study proving beyond all doubt that same sex couples are less fit to raise kids then hetero couples?

Pro tip: homosexuals are, on average, better educated and more affluent than heterosexuals.

lasher
04-01-2013, 09:10 AM

I bet all those children languishing in ****ty foster homes wouldn't mind if their potential loving adopted parents were gay.

GrokTheCube
04-01-2013, 11:15 AM
I bet all those children languishing in ****ty foster homes wouldn't mind if their potential loving adopted parents were gay.
Lol, this.

amtharin
04-01-2013, 11:30 AM

Lol, this.

I actually know someone who grew up in foster homes, and is against gay marriage/adoption, so I dont think that is a safe bet either way.