PDA

View Full Version : Refeeds and reverse dieting

gabe0306
03-27-2013, 03:15 PM
Should I still have REFEED days when reverse dieting from a cut into a clean bulk?
If so how long should I have refeeds until I need to drop them?

Reps for informative answers!

pshickey
03-27-2013, 04:30 PM
Once you're daily intake and refeeds are the same calories, it's no longer a refeed.

KingSSaid
03-27-2013, 04:47 PM
I reversed dieted the last 2 and a half weeks and have added 700 calories and actually got 2lb leaner, and probally will end up adding another 300 or more calories in after another 2 weeks of doing this, i seem to have responded really really well to my reverse diet.

I used no refeeds. All i did is added in carbs mostly (and 15g of fat overall) as and when my weight allowed. For example, if i lost weight, i would add in 10-15g of carbs if i stayed the same, i would add in 5-10g of carbs, if i gained a little bit, i would add in 5g of carbs or stay the same, and i had a slight bump in weight i would stay the same or maybe add in 5g's depending on if i thought it was water weight or not. Has worked brilliantly.

My main tip would be dont add in fats stright away, add them after every 50g carb increase from where you started, because the carbs is what is is guna get your metabolisum going again and increase your metabolic rate via a few different effects. Also if your on cutting protein intake and its pretty high, you could lower your protein back down to 1g per lb of bw (i do 1.8g per kg bw but im not a bodybuilder im an athlete @9-10%bf) from the get go and replace 90% of the calories with cabrs, this should get things faster metabolically.
Also another thing i did, was at the start i made a consious effort to increase my NEAT, because when cutting i would sit on my ass all day apart from when i trained, i made an effort to walk more, and too just do general **** around the house ect, because this will allow you too add in more carbs whilst your still metabolically fuked up from your cut, and speed up the process of getting more carbs in without huge weight gain.

Hopes this helps. Let me know how u get on and if u need any more advice, because my mind is blown at how much i can actually eat and actually get slightly leaner, and its still increasing everyday. BRB can eat anything i want and am never hungry, and performance in the gym has gone up loads and only 2 and half weeks in so really think i got alot more steam left in my metabolic rate.

OoChadwickoO
03-27-2013, 04:54 PM
Why would you need a reefed once you reach a surplus? Your reefeeds are well like everyday.

Just reverse diet up, and stick in a surplus

god luck on the bulk