PDA

View Full Version : Macronutrients Cutting

Nahman
03-22-2013, 09:33 AM
Hi guys,
I've been working out for nearly 3 years. Im 19 years old 6'3 220lbs and around 18-20% body fat.

I am currently planning to cut. I know what Macronutrients are and how to calculate the figures. I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the best Ratio is for cutting.. I want to get down to around 12-14%. THANKS

ShoppersRow
03-22-2013, 09:47 AM
Hi guys,
I've been working out for nearly 3 years. Im 19 years old 6'3 220lbs and around 18-20% body fat.

I am currently planning to cut. I know what Macronutrients are and how to calculate the figures. I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the best Ratio is for cutting.. I want to get down to around 12-14%. THANKS

Don't use a ratio.

Eat 0.8g of protein per pound of lean mass and 0.4g of fat per pound of lean mass. Carbs don't matter, you can either fill the rest up with carbs, or mix it up as long as you meet those minimums.

Lean Mass = Body weight - Weight of body fat

cumminslifter
03-22-2013, 12:13 PM
just hit your minimums of fat and protein and fill te remainder of calories in with a mixture of whichever you please. a calorie deficit is what causes weight loss not your macros

softpounder
03-22-2013, 12:29 PM
Don't use a ratio.

Eat 0.8g of protein per pound of lean mass and 0.4g of fat per pound of lean mass. Carbs don't matter, you can either fill the rest up with carbs, or mix it up as long as you meet those minimums.

Lean Mass = Body weight - Weight of body fat

1g actually per LBM for protein