PDA

View Full Version : what can i use to replace sugar(volume)(0.78k)

benwin21
03-21-2013, 02:50 PM
i decided to cut down the sugar from my oats cookies and change to splenda. any ideas what can i use to replace the volume of the sugar(app 1-2 cups).

and also do u have any ideas if i can change whole wheat flour to something healthier?

AlwaysTryin
03-21-2013, 02:59 PM
i decided to cut down the sugar from my oats cookies and change to splenda. any ideas what can i use to replace the volume of the sugar(app 1-2 cups).

and also do u have any ideas if i can change whole wheat flour to something healthier?

What? The volume? 1-2 cups? Did you put 1-2 cups of sugar?? Surely not

Terrimonas
03-21-2013, 03:22 PM
Splenda Granulated is a 1:1 volume match that you can use as a sugar substitute for baking.

APipeDream
03-21-2013, 03:35 PM
There are tons of replacements you can use: stevia extract, truvia , honey, agave...the list goes on. Pick one.

Read the exchange on stevia and truvia, you don't need nearly the same amount as sugar.

benwin21
03-21-2013, 03:38 PM
unfortunately i only have the ungranulated kind where i live, which unfortunately is not 1:1 ratio

What? The volume? 1-2 cups? Did you put 1-2 cups of sugar?? Surely not

1-2 cups for around 40 cookies

There are tons of replacements you can use: stevia extract, truvia , honey, agave...the list goes on. Pick one.

Read the exchange on stevia and truvia, you don't need nearly the same amount as sugar.

problem is that there are no 1:1 sweeteners here. so i'm using the super concentrated type(not actually splenda but smillar). any more ideas for what can i use to add volume?

Agabekov
03-21-2013, 04:40 PM

get some Stevia, they say 75g of sugar is like 750g of stevia, so you can see that its a better choise :D I use gluten free flour for baking and pancakes if it is what you mean

EjnarKolinkar
03-21-2013, 04:45 PM
i decided to cut down the sugar from my oats cookies and change to splenda. any ideas what can i use to replace the volume of the sugar(app 1-2 )

Don't sweat it too much. I make oatmeal cookies with 1/2 recommended sugar often add only an extra egg. With concentrated stevia, or the like as only sweetener if its a 2 cup volume diff add 1 egg and 1/4-1/2 cup more flour.

Oatmeal cookies not that sensitive to reduced sugar volume, they will be a bit less crisp.

Cut recipe in half and try a batch before you make a ton in case you need to mess with it a bit to your taste.

APipeDream
03-21-2013, 05:11 PM
Applesauce for volume?