PDA

View Full Version : Bulking and Cutting

marxinicx
03-21-2013, 11:13 AM
Hello, I'm kinda new to all this stuff. I have been hitting the gym for 3 months. I can see +ve changes but not that much. I wanna go on bulking for 2 weeks and start cutting for 4 weeks. So can any of you help me out with how the workout and diet should be like during bulking phase and cutting phase?

Good serious information will be really appreciated!

Thanks!

StackingPlates
03-21-2013, 11:24 AM
Before being able to answer you, we'd need a better understanding of your current stats as well as an overview on dietary intake and high level workout description.

In general, four weeks isn't necessarily enough time for a sustained cut unless you are already at relatively low body fat levels and/or only expect to lose minor amounts of adipose tissue...

If you've only been performing resistance training for ~3 months then I'd also urge you to consider continuing to eat in slight caloric surplus to build up your foundation. In other words, you'll want to acquire some significant amounts of lean mass before putting yourself into a deficit. Cutting without lean mass can likely put you into that dreaded "skinny fat" category.

APipeDream
03-21-2013, 11:53 AM
Please read the stickies at the top of this forum, especially this one (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981). They will get you on your way and provide a base of knowledge to begin with. After that, provide your stats, specific goals, and any specific questions. You may get some concentrated answers then.