PDA

View Full Version : Changed My Diet Plans AGAIN....

gymratsurfer
03-20-2013, 06:34 PM
So thanks to you guys, I have come to the realization that my last post about my diet plan was ridiculous and definitely not sustainable. So yeah... It Sucked! Now hopefully this one doesn't suck because it's something I believe that I can do that is sustainable...

So this diet is combination a multitude of other diets I learned/researched about.

Rule 1: Fast 16 hours and feed from 1:00PM - 9:00PM
Rule 2: Use Protein shakes to make up 25 -50% of daily protein macro requirement.
Rule 3: Eat Carbs on Workout Days, especially PWO. (sticking to brown rice pasta, oatmeal and starchy rice/potatoes PWO only)
Rule 4: Have only fruits/vegtables (no carbs) on rest days, including cardio days..
Rule 5: Have 1 big all out cooked meal at night and eat till I am satiated.

Here is an example of how I ate today (not counting macros). Today is a rest day by the way...

1:00PM 3 eggs (1 yolk) / handful of blueberries

3:30PM Steamed Vegtables (big bowl of broccoli, snap peas, mushrooms and peppers) with Smoothie (flax seed, greek yogurt, whey protein, non-fat milk, berries and banana)

6:00PM 2 scoops of whey / non-fat milk

8:30PM Tonight I will eat 2LBS of bone-in-chicken (skin pulled off) dark/white meat. Plus a kale/chard/berry green smoothie.

9:00PM Casein Protein shake with pumpkin seeds

-----------------------

So there is an example of my rest day diet. On a workout day I would eat way more carbs and try to eat 2 full meals rather then just 1 at night....

Also, I will only have a protein shake before i workout along with drinking BCAA's during workout...

So with that said, do you think if I can keep this up I could potentially get ripped one day? THANKS!
Edit/Delete Message

Americampton
03-20-2013, 06:42 PM
1.) Start here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981
2.) Stop wasting money on supplements like BCAA's.
3.) Meal frequency plays no significant role in metabolic rate.
4.) Your rest day intake shouldn't normally differ from your training days.
5.) Fasting is unnecessary in healthy individuals unless it is out of preference or you're supplementing Yohimbine.
6.)You can replace all those shakes with solid food protein sources if you like.
7.) Unless you like a diet like that, it still kinda sucks. Refer to #1 and recreate your diet with appropriate macros/micros/ caloric intake based on your goals.

gymratsurfer
03-20-2013, 08:59 PM
1.)
2.) Stop wasting money on supplements like BCAA's.
3.) Meal frequency plays no significant role in metabolic rate.
4.) Your rest day intake shouldn't normally differ from your training days.
5.) Fasting is unnecessary in healthy individuals unless it is out of preference or you're supplementing Yohimbine.
6.)You can replace all those shakes with solid food protein sources if you like.
7.) Unless you like a diet like that, it still kinda sucks. Refer to #1 and recreate your diet with appropriate macros/micros/ caloric intake based on your goals.

Thanks for the tips. I'll check out that link. What sucks about the way I ate today as listed above out of curiosity?

Americampton
03-20-2013, 09:03 PM
Thanks for the tips. I'll check out that link. What sucks about the way I ate today as listed above out of curiosity?

The powdered protein are like "processed fast food" as some call it, although obviously healthier than typical fast food.
It wasn't so much the foods you ate as it was the lack of calorie/macro/micro count.

If you aren't hitting your macronutrient and micronutrient intakes, as well as your calorie intake, you can workout/diet till the cows come home but you won't go anywhere you want with it.

Also:
Rule 1: Fast 16 hours and feed from 1:00PM - 9:00PM
Rule 2: Use Protein shakes to make up 25 -50% of daily protein macro requirement.
Rule 3: Eat Carbs on Workout Days, especially PWO. (sticking to brown rice pasta, oatmeal and starchy rice/potatoes PWO only)
Rule 4: Have only fruits/vegtables (no carbs) on rest days, including cardio days..
Rule 5: Have 1 big all out cooked meal at night and eat till I am satiated.

ALL THESE RULES ARE MYTHS. They're terrible.
Don't follow them. Follow your macronutrient/micronutrient/caloric intake guidelines, eat whenever the hell you want (while meeting the requirements aforementioned), and train/diet hard and the results will come.

edit: the key to weight loss is eating below your TDEE (as figured in the sticky i provided in my first post). If you don't mind sacrificing muscle/ health you don't have to even meet your macro/micro required intakes. If you eat below your maintenance TDEE calorie wise, the weight will come off regardless. Energy consumed must be < energy used for weight loss.