PDA

View Full Version : BRB NFL refs have to make more judgement calls now.

ShadowBarkley
03-20-2013, 12:24 PM
League over. Can they stop putting power in the refs hands? My god.

I need to learn more about the tuck rule. Because....What if the dude was throwing the ball? Now its back to being some crazy judgement call by the refs again?

Crown of the Helmet? Really? Refs arent even gonna know how to begin to call that one consistently.....

THE LEAGUE WAS NEVER BROKEN! DONT FIX IT.

http://i.minus.com/icRYCAiavuxDd.gif

niknguyen
03-20-2013, 12:31 PM
lol. cant lower head, so you cant break tackles. down on first contact lol

scotyg
03-20-2013, 12:35 PM
they said that after reviewing all the games from last year, the amount of times this penalty would have been called was less than 10 times

zronv2
03-20-2013, 12:39 PM
yep, these kind of rule changes only give more power to the league / refs that grants them more access to manipulate games the way they want to.

GiantMonkey
03-20-2013, 01:04 PM
they said that after reviewing all the games from last year, the amount of times this penalty would have been called was less than 10 times

Per week, that's one every other week per team.

If it's called correctly.

BEASTMODE420
03-20-2013, 01:07 PM
Russell Wilson goin to the supa bowwwww

ShadowBarkley
03-20-2013, 01:19 PM

Actually they said durings weeks 10 and 16. 2 weeks of games. 11 would be calls.

BendinSteel
03-20-2013, 01:20 PM
Brb tackling to hard. 15 yard penalty

Ralph Wiggum
03-20-2013, 02:01 PM
They can lower their heads, just can't spear defenders with their own helmet in the chest or head anymore.

scotyg
03-20-2013, 02:06 PM
They can lower their heads, just can't spear defenders with their own helmet in the chest or head anymore.

lol this was trent richardsons only move

darknessmanX
03-20-2013, 02:07 PM

they SAID that, they made that CLAIM. but i will bet you bottom dollar that it gets called wayyyyy more than 10 times, when the rule is put into action. why? because refs are told to err on the side of judgment. they're gonna be more liable to call it than not. you will see it way more than 10 times next season, book it.

the whole "it only happened 10 times last year" comment is insincere pandering that nobody should buy. if it truly only happened 10 times last year; then there'd be no need for the rule to begin with.

yep, these kind of rule changes only give more power to the league / refs that grants them more access to manipulate games the way they want to.

and bingo was his name-o.

it's just another way to help officials make games closer when they shouldn't be, just like how the NBA operates.

team A is up by 14 in the 4th and people are starting to change the channel? Blow the whistle.

WRXbrah
03-20-2013, 02:12 PM
next superbowl will be decided by the refs and this rule. calling it now.

SF49ers
03-20-2013, 02:24 PM
I hate this rule as much as anyone...but it's for litigation. The league is showing they are taking 'necessary' actions to minimize head injuries.

It will hardly ever be called...probably will f some drives up but ultimately that's the cost for playing the game.

Blame this rule on Westbrook, not Goodell.

darknessmanX
03-20-2013, 02:27 PM
I hate this rule as much as anyone...but it's for litigation. The league is showing they are taking 'necessary' actions to minimize head injuries.

no it's not dude. you're buying their ruse. that's what it's GUISED as. it's actually another rule in the book to give the refs more ammunition to help manipulate a game when they otherwise would not be able to. it's similar to the NBA's "technical foul" which is used to help keep games close. this rule change is birthed out of financial incentive; it's here to help keep TV ratings intact when a game is getting out of hand.

score not that close anymore? blow the whistle.

^that's how the rule is gonna be used. it's not gonna be consistent and it's not for safety.

leafs43
03-20-2013, 02:43 PM
They should just make it a fine, not a flag if anything.

Runners lower their head to protect themselves....it's instinct. They will be effectively flagging people for protecting themselves.

SF49ers
03-20-2013, 02:49 PM
no it's not dude. you're buying their ruse. that's what it's GUISED as. it's actually another rule in the book to give the refs more ammunition to help manipulate a game when they otherwise would not be able to. it's similar to the NBA's "technical foul" which is used to help keep games close. this rule change is birthed out of financial incentive; it's here to help keep TV ratings intact when a game is getting out of hand.

score not that close anymore? blow the whistle.

^that's how the rule is gonna be used. it's not gonna be consistent and it's not for safety.

lol conspiracy guy. 9/11 an inside job too? Sandy Hook not real?

Grow up. Players are coming out of the woodworks, even as young as 30 now. Billions of dollars at stake.

*DH*
03-20-2013, 03:08 PM
Now those phaggot ass Niners gonna get all the calls.

darknessmanX
03-20-2013, 03:11 PM
lol conspiracy guy. 9/11 an inside job too? Sandy Hook not real?

you really don't think an officiating crew has ever been used to manipulate the score of sporting event?

EastCoastNiner
03-20-2013, 03:13 PM
It's funny how the majority of people (probably in this thread as well) always support the pussifcation of sports, yet are now crying about these rules that anyone with half a brain saw coming.

Brb, nothing wrong with this hit, yet phaggots always cry about it.

IfFW-Yezv0k

Onita
03-20-2013, 03:16 PM
It's funny how the majority of people (probably in this thread as well) always support the pussifcation of sports, yet are now crying about these rules that anyone with half a brain saw coming.

Brb, nothing wrong with this hit, yet phaggots always cry about it.

IfFW-Yezv0k

Nothing besides spearing a QB in the helmet. Try another video.

ThornThrough911
03-20-2013, 03:17 PM
Brb tackling to hard. 15 yard penalty

My Packers are safe from this penalty.

Wakiza33
03-20-2013, 03:21 PM
My Packers are safe from this penalty.

AP will suffer from this penalty. BRB 80 yd TD called back.....phuck this planet

Ralph Wiggum
03-20-2013, 03:34 PM
lol this was trent richardsons only move

pretty much..

i was actually going to post this vid.

this is going to illegal now...

1v2n3jOEYBY

EastCoastNiner
03-20-2013, 03:58 PM
Nothing besides spearing a QB in the helmet. Try another video.

Credibility: None

Please go. That was an awesome hit and absolutely nothing wrong with it, but phaggots like you want to take that out of the game. Just go.

SF49ers
03-20-2013, 04:14 PM
you really don't think an officiating crew has ever been used to manipulate the score of sporting event?

Not saying that at all. I don't believe the NFL would pass a rule that's intention is to fix the game...no way.

kmart07
03-20-2013, 04:28 PM
Not saying that at all. I don't believe the NFL would pass a rule that's intention is to fix the game...no way.

You're joking right? Do you think the owners really care?

Onita
03-20-2013, 04:29 PM

Credibility: None

Please go. That was an awesome hit and absolutely nothing wrong with it, but phaggots like you want to take that out of the game. Just go.

Jimmies = rustled. Still wrong.

darknessmanX
03-20-2013, 04:56 PM

you're twisting my words to make them seem much more damning than they ever were. i'm not saying "it's their intention to fix the game", but a collateral and intentional affect of the rule will be the ability to keep games tight when they otherwise shouldn't be able to. just wait. this penalty WILL come out in a 4th quarter when Team A starts to run away with it. i can see it from a mile away. sports have been trending this way for years now.

it's just like how the pac12 refs helped out oregon a lot when they were 11-0 and struggling against Cal (2011). the pac12 had financial incentive to see one of its teams go undefeated and make it to the NCG. no that oregon/cal game wasn't "fixed" but the refs definitely used weird, random calls to help oregon out when they needed it. this rule change is another one of those rules the refs will have in their pocket if their intention is to manipulate the game, and they WILL use it to do so every now and again.

in the sake of player safety? FOH, i'm not buying that ruse. we've been playing gridiron football for 50+ years and this never mattered, but it suddenly does now? Bull.

EastCoastNiner
03-20-2013, 05:00 PM
Jimmies = rustled. Still wrong.

Learn what a "spear" is and get back to me.

I'll be here next year if you need the time to actually read up about football.

Onita
03-20-2013, 06:33 PM
Learn what a "spear" is and get back to me.

I'll be here next year if you need the time to actually read up about football.

Ok, helmet to helmet on a QB. Cry more, rustle less.