PDA

View Full Version : Losing weight in chest/stomach area

Oceanborn
07-31-2003, 09:23 PM
Hi everyone.

It seems that I gain weight in my stomach and chest area all the time, and it's very hard to get rid of. All my life I've kind of had these "man-titties", kinda perky looking or something. It's embarrassing and I'd like to get rid of that, to where I have a more of a flat chest. I've tried doing lots of pushups, and as for my stomach I've tried a lot of situps. But nothing resulted in doing that.

So does anyone have any advice for getting rid of extra fat, specifically in my chest area?

SigEp2001
07-31-2003, 09:41 PM
the pushups and situps wont do anything for you without proper nutrition and a cardio program. there is a ton of great information on this site on different diets and cardio. just do a search. i have been dieting for almost 3 months now and i have found that my stomach and chest are the last places where i am going to lose the flab. everyone is different though. best of luck to you

Mw6wW
07-31-2003, 09:41 PM
Ah you've made the all to commen mis-conseption that you can spot-reduce.

The only way you're going to loose that flab is with diet/excercise. If you do push-ups and sit-ups it will help with your muscle indurance, but it won't burn the fat off of that exact spot. So basically get your diet in check, starting doing some cardio, and try to implament some sort of lifting routine.

Cogar
07-31-2003, 09:49 PM
There is more information here (link (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=147608)) regarding where the fat comes off first.

sqweezer
08-01-2003, 12:24 AM
you know what thought, if you cant spot reduce that would have to mean your fattest area will always be the fattest right. If not that would have to mean you burnt more fat on the fattest area then, so that would have to be that there is such thing as spot reduction. All know is when i do stomach work i burn fat on my stomach and everything looks and feals the same. Even arnold says there is such thing as spot reduction. Otherwise people would not have the abs and phsyiques they have.
Let me say it like this. Since i have flabby pecs and what if i have no fat anywhere else then. The people that say you cant spot reduce are just like the detractors of mentzer hit.

weightlifter_13
08-01-2003, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by sqweezer
you know what thought, if you cant spot reduce that would have to mean your fattest area will always be the fattest right. If not that would have to mean you burnt more fat on the fattest area then, so that would have to be that there is such thing as spot reduction. All know is when i do stomach work i burn fat on my stomach and everything looks and feals the same. Even arnold says there is such thing as spot reduction. Otherwise people would not have the abs and phsyiques they have.
Let me say it like this. Since i have flabby pecs and what if i have no fat anywhere else then. The people that say you cant spot reduce are just like the detractors of mentzer hit.

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!there is NO such thing as spot reduction even even u have flabby pecs and SAY u have no fat anywhere else ur wrong!u will lose bodyfat all over when losing it from ur pecs

Cogar
08-01-2003, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by sqweezer
Even arnold says there is such thing as spot reduction.
Not true. In his Encyclopedia of Bodybuilding, he specifically states that there is no such thing as spot reduction. He does mention that there was a time that people did believe in it, but that it is no longer the case.

JesseCuster
08-01-2003, 11:56 AM
Consider this:

Are you right handed?

You use your right arm for more things than your left, right?

Or the same applies if you are left handed.

Is your right arm thinner than your left?

I'd say not.

numlock
08-01-2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by JesseCuster
Consider this:

Are you right handed?

You use your right arm for more things than your left, right?

Or the same applies if you are left handed.

Is your right arm thinner than your left?

I'd say not.

huh? if you're right handed, then of course your right arm will have a natural tendency to be larger. what does this have to do with the spot reduction of fat?

weightlifter_13
08-01-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by numlock
huh? if you're right handed, then of course your right arm will have a natural tendency to be larger. what does this have to do with the spot reduction of fat?

hes adding on to saying that spot reduction of fat is NOT true by saying that one arm isnt going to be bigger than the other arm but oh well ya'll that say spot reduction is true ur loss not ours so go for it just do situps and pushups and then 3 months later dont go complaining that u didnt lose fat.peace