PDA

View Full Version : Figuring out TDEE activity multipliers

SacredCASHcow
03-15-2013, 07:08 PM
Hi guys. Just thought I would make a post regarding the TDEE activity multipliers used by many websites including 1percentage.

If I am sleeping 8hrs per day, walking about 1 hour, biking about 1 hour, and hitting the gym 3 days per week (IceCreamFitness Novice 5x5) for 1.5 hour lifting sessions and doing cardio 3 days per week. Generally cardio is 2 sessions of something like stairmaster for 20-30 minutes, and one day where I do rowing, anabolic cardio, swimming, hiking/biking etc for about an hour.

So I estimated my own multiplier to be about 1.6. What do you guys think?

rand18m
03-15-2013, 07:11 PM
Lightly moderate at 1.4.

ACE0809
03-15-2013, 07:12 PM
Calculators are estimates not set in stone, give it a try wait a few weeks and see if you are getting the results you are looking for. If not adjust accordingly.

SacredCASHcow
03-15-2013, 07:14 PM
Calculators are estimates not set in stone, give it a try wait a few weeks and see if you are getting the results you are looking for. If not adjust accordingly.

for sure. I just want a good baseline estimate.

SacredCASHcow
03-15-2013, 07:20 PM
Lightly moderate at 1.4.

curious how you discerned this?

rand18m
03-15-2013, 07:28 PM
curious how you discerned this?

Curious how you "discerned" 1.6?

Most people tend to over estimate their activity level and judging by your avi and your threads/posts I suspect an extra ounce of body fat is something you are leery of so I suggest that you use the lower end of the moderate scale.

SacredCASHcow
03-15-2013, 08:02 PM
Curious how you "discerned" 1.6?

Most people tend to over estimate their activity level and judging by your avi and your threads/posts I suspect an extra ounce of body fat is something you are leery of so I suggest that you use the lower end of the moderate scale.

Yeah I track my calories on myfitnesspal and I am really good at staying exactly within my macros. So I figured I might as well get the numbers as tight as possible. And I realize as Eric Helms said, your TDEE is a moving target.

tzalma1
03-15-2013, 08:34 PM
I'd say start with the 1.6 you need to be eating plenty of food