PDA

View Full Version : Andre Ward and Floyd Mayweather taking jabs at eachother

dannyg2127
03-14-2013, 05:20 PM
From interviews:

FM:

"...He [Ward] can't sell tickets nowhere," Mayweather said. "He can't sell tickets in Las Vegas. This is the only guy I know that's a gold medalist, but don't nobody know he's a gold medalist. He's a gold medalist, but he's making money like he don't even got a medal. Like I said before, Andre Ward, he's a good fighter, but who knows him? If you're not in Oakland, you don't even know who he is...The only people that know him are in the boxing world. Floyd Mayweather is a worldwide celebrity; a worldwide mogul. You know, you got fighters, sometimes, they speak on certain situations where the thing is this, like I always tell you before, when you're a fighter getting a million dollars, a million dollar fighter like Andre Ward, if anything, you need to come to my camp so you can learn the blueprint on how to sell out arenas worldwide. I got the blueprint on how to sell out arenas worldwide. We know Adrien Broner is more known than Andre Ward. He don't even have an amateur background. He's got a gold medal? Let me get it and I'll melt it down and get a medallion made."

Andre Ward's manager fires back:

"Dre never had nothing but respect for this dude, but if he thinks there is something weak about Andre Ward - then he can eat some steaks and put some weight on his [expletive] so Dre can whip it," Prince told Boxingscene.com. "Not knocking Floyd Mayweather, but he knows he couldn't draw flies to a dumpster until he beat Oscar De la Hoya. I know this is true because I was managing him when he couldn't sell out his hometown of Grand Rapids or the San Francisco Auditorium, which only seats 6,000 people."

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=63331#ixzz2NYykTvmo
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

"By the way, any man that represented the United States of America and won a gold medal is not only known, but appreciated by all Americans - something Floyd didn't accomplish. And that invitation on his blueprint for knowing how to get millions - we pass on that, because we know how to make millions, but more importantly, how to keep it."

"And yeah, I see how he's trying to befriend Broner so he won't be faced with Broner gettin' in his ass. But at the end of the day, he would have a problem with Broner because Broner is a real one. And Floyd knows, like I know, that he's uncomfortable with real men around him."

And now Andre Ward just tweeted:

@danrafaelespn Lil Floyd says he spars middleweights. He is the only man I will sacrifice coming to 160 for. He won't take that bait!! #SOG

jross2021
03-14-2013, 05:23 PM
I love Floyd but mother of god, he speaks like hes a filipino fighter and english is his 3rd language

dannyg2127
03-14-2013, 05:24 PM
I love Floyd but mother of god, he speaks like hes a filipino fighter and english is his 3rd language

He only speaks in double negatives