PDA

View Full Version : Going to a summer camp...

FizzyMikel
03-11-2013, 05:34 PM
So this summer I'll be attending a summer camp. It's 5 weeks of what is basically school lunch food. Last time I was there, I remember there was chicken nuggets and fried chicken or mac and cheese for practically every lunch and dinner. Breakfast should be okay, with oatmeal as a daily option. But there isn't a CHANCE at frequent meals (which I currently eat). In addition to that the foods' nutritional value is terrible. It's almost like eating McDonald's for 5 straight weeks. So anyway, I need some ideas to figure out my eating this summer (Thankfully I have a long while). There is a weight room at the camp, and I can hit up during my free activity period for an hour daily. Plus there's plenty of ways to swim, bike, and run anytime at night or before breakfast.

And I know I'm young and probably don't need to eat as strict as I do, but I like to do it, and It's gotten me leaner so I think it's worthwhile. Plus I'm setting myself up for a healthier adulthood.

SelfMotivated
03-11-2013, 05:39 PM
So this summer I'll be attending a summer camp. It's 5 weeks of what is basically school lunch food. Last time I was there, I remember there was chicken nuggets and fried chicken or mac and cheese for practically every lunch and dinner. Breakfast should be okay, with oatmeal as a daily option. But there isn't a CHANCE at frequent meals (which I currently eat). In addition to that the foods' nutritional value is terrible. It's almost like eating McDonald's for 5 straight weeks. So anyway, I need some ideas to figure out my eating this summer (Thankfully I have a long while). There is a weight room at the camp, and I can hit up during my free activity period for an hour daily. Plus there's plenty of ways to swim, bike, and run anytime at night or before breakfast.

And I know I'm young and probably don't need to eat as strict as I do, but I like to do it, and It's gotten me leaner so I think it's worthwhile. Plus I'm setting myself up for a healthier adulthood.

My best advice, make the healthiest choices you can while you're there, but don't worry about it so much. You're 14, you're hormones are going bat crap crazy, as long as you stay active you can eat whatever the hell you want.

Lvisaa2
03-11-2013, 05:39 PM
If you're young enough to go to a summer camp then you are too young to be worrying about 5 weeks of eating whatever. Go have fun and don't worry about it.

Also, if you are a male then I'd worry less about being more nutritious and more about eating more. You are 5'1'', you don't want to stunt your growth.

necon76
03-11-2013, 05:44 PM
You're a growing boy. Relax, eat, & enjoy yourself.