PDA

View Full Version : ITT: Our Jimmies are Rustled because our teams don't do shyt in Free Agency

ChuteBoxeFC
03-11-2013, 04:31 PM
BRB

http://i.imgur.com/un0ee70.jpg

imheartbreak
03-11-2013, 04:32 PM
in.

charity4thepoor
03-11-2013, 04:32 PM
i wish we were good enough to not have to deal with FA

GPx
03-11-2013, 04:35 PM
Free agency just started...

Sjas
03-11-2013, 04:35 PM
Colts fan checkin' in. Not worried at all though as we currently baking at $42.68M. Grigson will work his magic.

ChuteBoxeFC
03-11-2013, 04:36 PM

And when it ends, our teams will have done dick. And this isn't even just big name free agents either. Guys that are cheap and reliable and can really help our team and our GM's could care less.

brb_ballin
03-11-2013, 04:37 PM
was just posting this in the GB thread.... TT rarely makes a move so it's frustrating to watch all your competition add weapons.

LanceStone
03-11-2013, 04:39 PM

Free Agency starts @ 3pm ET tomorrow

ChuteBoxeFC
03-11-2013, 04:39 PM
was just posting this in the GB thread.... TT rarely makes a move so it's frustrating to watch all your competition add weapons.

Makes me rage. Teams that are in our conference that we are going to have to play next year are, on paper, getting better while we just sit and watch.

brb_ballin
03-11-2013, 04:40 PM
Makes me rage. Teams that are in our conference that we are going to have to play next year are, on paper, getting better while we just sit and watch.

however he's a great drafter so I guess he leans on what he's good at.

Backus21
03-11-2013, 04:41 PM
In on this. William Gay will be the highlight of FA for us if Pittsburgh acts like they normally do. I like that they build through the draft and don't go Redskins style on signing big deals but Jesus it is frustrating when they barley get any cheap signings

MtnJax
03-11-2013, 04:54 PM
Panthers fan checking in. I wish we had the damn cap space to sign just 1 FA

fuuckkk you Marty Hurney!!

Heaney
03-11-2013, 04:56 PM
Outside of Manning last yr, broncos never do ****.

Zylantypic
03-11-2013, 05:00 PM
Funny how most of the posters teams ITT have success year in and year out. You do not want your team swimming in free agency every year.

Doober4
03-11-2013, 05:02 PM
Outside of Manning last year LMAO^

I wish free agency was the least of my complaints.

ThaWorldIsYours
03-11-2013, 05:17 PM
Free agency hasn't even started yet and your jimmies are rustled because you haven't done anything yet? Nice lol

Hoping Denver doesn't cut Doom

NoS_oUtLaSt
03-11-2013, 05:18 PM
Brb angry when free agency hasn't even started

Brb dream team

Brb building through the draft is for losers.

Heaney
03-11-2013, 05:21 PM
Hoping Denver doesn't cut Doom

This would be an epic fail. If anyone is getting cut it better be Joe Mays and DJ 'brb suspended every year' Williams

GiantMonkey
03-11-2013, 05:21 PM
Funny how most of the posters teams ITT have success year in and year out. You do not want your team swimming in free agency every year.

This.

Successful teams draft well and go for second tier free agents.

Teams that spend a lot of money on free agents don't normally do too good.

When was the last time that a team who "won" free agency won the Super Bow?

ChuteBoxeFC
03-11-2013, 05:22 PM
Brb angry when free agency hasn't even started

I don't have to wait for it to start. I know what is going to happen.

Brb dream team

Implying FA means signing everything in sight.

Brb building through the draft is for losers.

Patriots do it the right way. They build through the draft but they aren't hesitant at all to splurge in Free Agency for reasonably priced players that can help the team. That's what I'd like to see our team do. But we don't really sign anybody at all and when we do, it usually doesn't result in anything.

LostHoudini
03-11-2013, 05:23 PM
This would be an epic fail. If anyone is getting cut it better be Joe Mays and DJ 'brb suspended every year' Williams

Wasn't DJ cut already?

LanceStone
03-11-2013, 05:24 PM
Wasn't DJ cut already?

Yeah... tumorville is next

iamgenus
03-11-2013, 05:27 PM
There is a reason usually the most active teams in FA don't do that well.

The good teams pick their spots and don't overreact, build through the draft and make smart free agent moves.

FlabbyAndSick
03-11-2013, 05:32 PM

Patriots do it the right way. They build through the draft but they aren't hesitant at all to splurge in Free Agency for reasonably priced players that can help the team. That's what I'd like to see our team do. But we don't really sign anybody at all and when we do, it usually doesn't result in anything.

LMFAO!

"Oh hell yea we splurge.....if you're reasonably priced. Don't expect us to break the bank tho...."

Gbpackback2back
03-11-2013, 05:32 PM

Percy Harvin leaving minny doesn't make them better on paper (despite them beating the pack without him last year). The lions losing Avril doesn't help them out. The Bears... LOL the Bears. If TT grabs SJax i'll be happy.

What big moves has TT made the past few seasons?... none, unless you count Benson, and how did the seasons turn out? FA isn't always the way to get better, just ask Eagles fans.

LanceStone
03-11-2013, 05:35 PM
Percy Harvin leaving minny doesn't make them better on paper (despite them beating the pack without him last year). The lions losing Avril doesn't help them out. The Bears... LOL the Bears. TT will make a move. If he grabs SJax i'll be happy. What big moves has he made the past few seasons?... none, unless you count Benson, and how did the season turn out? FA isn't always the way to get better, just ask Eagles fans.

Can you ****ing read? He said conference not division. And I hope to god Trestman lives up to the hype so we can beat the **** outta the packers next season

ThaWorldIsYours
03-11-2013, 05:35 PM
Yeah... tumorville is next

Come on bro

We're lucky enough to have 2 elite pass rushers, most teams don't even have 1. I think its retarded to bicker with Doom over a couple million, especially while Champ is the most overpaid on the team, and we still have guys like Joe Mays on the roster making $4m a year who deserve to be cut long before Doom.

ChuteBoxeFC
03-11-2013, 05:38 PM
Can you ****ing read? He said conference not division. And I hope to god Trestman lives up to the hype so we can beat the **** outta the packers next season

As long as you have Cutler, we'll have a chance.

NoS_oUtLaSt
03-11-2013, 05:39 PM

Their reasonably priced players are typically just players no one ever wanted though. Talib, Mark Anderson, and Andre Carter are the only recent FA I can think they've signed that actually contributed a decent amount. And then they weren't afraid to let them walk again and most of them are back to being nobodies again. These players need the Pats more than the Pats need them. its more them just getting lucky and having great coaching but I don't think I'd be upset if my team wasn't signing FA, just really means we have most everyone we need.

ChuteBoxeFC
Percy Harvin leaving minny doesn't make them better on paper (despite them beating the pack without him last year). The lions losing Avril doesn't help them out. The Bears... LOL the Bears. If TT grabs SJax i'll be happy.

I'm not talking about Minnesota, I'm talking about teams like Seattle and SF. I haven't checked the schedule since it was released, but I'll bet anything we're playing both of them this year and they just landed one good and one very good player to an already very, very good team.

LanceStone
Come on bro

We're lucky enough to have 2 elite pass rushers, most teams don't even have 1. I think its retarded to bicker with Doom over a couple million, especially while Champ is the most overpaid on the team, and we still have guys like Joe Mays on the roster making $4m a year who deserve to be cut long before Doom.

Dumervil is owed around 12 mil this season.. From what I've read he doesn't want to take a pay cut.. You guys have other options in FA.. Freeney, Abraham.. Not as good, but can still be fairly productive

Gbpackback2back
03-11-2013, 05:44 PM

I did mis read it, good catch. My point is still valid in that FA isn't always the answer. And good luck next year, maybe the Bears can keep from getting swept... again.. and make the playoffs

Heaney
03-11-2013, 05:44 PM
Dumervil is owed around 12 mil this season.. From what I've read he doesn't want to take a pay cut.. You guys have other options in FA.. Freeney, Abraham.. Not as good, but can still be fairly productive

Meh, we aren't exactly cash strapped. Why not keep Doom? I'd rather pay him 12 then a mid 30 yr old 6-8

*DH*
03-11-2013, 05:47 PM
I'm not talking about Minnesota, I'm talking about teams like Seattle and SF. I haven't checked the schedule since it was released, but I'll bet anything we're playing both of them this year and they just landed one good and one very good player to an already very, very good team.

SF yes, SEA no.

ThaWorldIsYours
03-11-2013, 05:53 PM

So we think Dumervil is overpaid, primarily because he's not good against the run.

So we cut Dumervil, sign Freeney for a few million less, who's not as good of a pass rusher anymore and even WORSE against the run? It's retarded.

We have $13 million in cap right now, if we cut Joe Mays and Willis McGahee that brings us up to $19.5 million in cap space. There's literally no reason to cut Doom.

LanceStone
03-11-2013, 05:55 PM
I did mis read it, good catch. My point is still valid in that FA isn't always the answer. And good luck next year, maybe the Bears can keep from getting swept... again.. and make the playoffs

Draft > Free Agency 100%... If trestman happens to tank you might actually catch us in the total W/L

Chicago currently leads the series 92–88–6

LanceStone
03-11-2013, 05:58 PM
So we think Dumervil is overpaid, primarily because he's not good against the run.

So we cut Dumervil, sign Freeney for a few million less, who's not as good of a pass rusher anymore and even WORSE against the run? It's retarded.

We have $13 million in cap right now, if we cut Joe Mays and Willis McGahee that brings us up to $19.5 million in cap space. There's literally no reason to cut Doom.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/55833/elvis-dumervils-fate-could-be-decided-soon

"We may have a resolution in the Denver Broncos' issue with pass-rusher Elvis Dumervil.

The Denver Post is reporting that Dumervil’s agent is asking that Dumervil be cut by the team once free agency starts at 4 p.m. ET Tuesday if the team cannot come to an agreement.

Reading between the lines, it seems like that’s where this is heading. The Broncos want Dumervil to cut his deal down from $12 million. However, Dumervil is open to a restructure not a pay cut. With neither side budging, I don't see how Dumervil remains in Denver.

Dumervil would be popular on the open market and Denver could be shopping for a top pass-rusher in free agency."

Heaney
03-11-2013, 06:04 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/55833/elvis-dumervils-fate-could-be-decided-soon

"We may have a resolution in the Denver Broncos' issue with pass-rusher Elvis Dumervil.

The Denver Post is reporting that Dumervilís agent is asking that Dumervil be cut by the team once free agency starts at 4 p.m. ET Tuesday if the team cannot come to an agreement.

Reading between the lines, it seems like thatís where this is heading. The Broncos want Dumervil to cut his deal down from $12 million. However, Dumervil is open to a restructure not a pay cut. With neither side budging, I don't see how Dumervil remains in Denver.

Dumervil would be popular on the open market and Denver could be shopping for a top pass-rusher in free agency."

Why not trade him then? There is literally no benefit to cutting him. We'd sign somebody worse to play opposite Miller and then we would sit on 20m with nobody in free agency that fits our needs and no young guys that we'll have to resign for a couple years

*DH*
03-11-2013, 06:04 PM
Draft > Free Agency 100%... If trestman happens to tank you might actually catch us in the total W/L

Chicago currently leads the series 92–88–6

Want me to get you a cookie bro?

ThaWorldIsYours
03-11-2013, 06:06 PM

The Denver Post is reporting that Dumervil’s agent is asking that Dumervil be cut by the team once free agency starts at 4 p.m. ET Tuesday if the team cannot come to an agreement.

Reading between the lines, it seems like that’s where this is heading. The Broncos want Dumervil to cut his deal down from $12 million. However, Dumervil is open to a restructure not a pay cut. With neither side budging, I don't see how Dumervil remains in Denver.

Yeah this news has been out for hours. I don't see how it is a reply in any way to my post.

LanceStone
03-11-2013, 06:06 PM
Want me to get you a cookie bro?

Not until you change your sig

Pats/Celtics/Red Sox

LanceStone
03-11-2013, 06:07 PM
Yeah this news has been out for hours. I don't see how it is a reply in any way to my post.

The only people who could answer your question are the Broncos GM/Coaching Staff..

I wouldn't release/trade Dumervil either

BullStampede
03-11-2013, 06:21 PM

this. Cry me a ****ing river Packers/any other successful franchise's fans.

ViscaElBarca
03-11-2013, 06:38 PM
i wish we were good enough to not have to deal with FA

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

*DH*
03-11-2013, 06:45 PM
Not until you change your sig

Pats/Celtics/Red Sox

No, I insist. I want to share a cookie with you, babe.

LanceStone
03-11-2013, 06:51 PM
No, I insist. I want to share a cookie with you, babe.

No thanks, phaggot. I don't like oatmeal cookies

dcabral80
03-11-2013, 06:53 PM
I used to know this feel, and wish I still did.

Shrugs4Life
03-11-2013, 08:10 PM
I used to know this feel, and wish I still did.

This.

Brb filling needs internally and letting guys walk. Drives me nuts at times but two super bowls in the last half decade eases the pain.

Look at the bucs last year and the eagles before that.