PDA

View Full Version : andrew wiggins won't be a top 10 nba player.

8Zero
03-08-2013, 08:17 PM
this kid is getting overhyped, same thing we saw with OJ mayo and John Wall.

you can't tell how good someone's gonna be just from high school ball. all sorts of prospects dominate high school ball, college doesn't mean much either. if prospects always shaped up how they were supposed to, then john wall would be way better than russel westbrook- instead of the other way around.

drummond, durant, westbrook... none of these guys had half the hype wiggins has, and i bet wiggins doesn't turn out to be as dominant as any of them. i have seen nothing out of wiggins that suggests he'll be the sort of wing durant or melo is, yet people are vritually handing him the crown already. FOH, dude has never played a lick of NBA ball- no way am i crowning someone until i actually see some NBA games out of them.

i will bump this topic in a year or 2 when wiggins doesn't turn out how people thought he would.

wildchild11
03-08-2013, 08:19 PM
You can't be top 10 in a year or 2.

btlifter
03-08-2013, 08:20 PM
this kid is getting overhyped, same thing we saw with OJ mayo and John Wall.

you can't tell how good someone's gonna be just from high school ball. all sorts of prospects dominate high school ball, college doesn't mean much either. if prospects always shaped up how they were supposed to, then john wall would be way better than russel westbrook- instead of the other way around.

drummond, durant, westbrook... none of these guys had half the hype wiggins has, and i bet wiggins doesn't turn out to be as dominant as any of them. i have seen nothing out of wiggins that suggests he'll be the sort of wing durant or melo is, yet people are vritually handing him the crown already. FOH, dude has never played a lick of NBA ball- no way am i crowning someone until i actually see some NBA games out of them.

i will bump this topic in a year or 2 when wiggins doesn't turn out how people thought he would.

So... you are basically making 2 arguments?

argument 1: you can't tell how good a player will be when he's in hs.

argument 2: (after watching andrew wiggins in hs) aw won't be that good....

hmmm?

Otaman
03-08-2013, 08:21 PM
Cool analysis bro

I'll get on the phone and inform GMs and their scouts that a player considered consensus #1 pick in 3 straight drafts is a fraud because a red on a bodybuilding forum said so

8Zero
03-08-2013, 08:22 PM

I'm saying he won't be top 10 PERIOD, and that this will be obvious within 2 years (like with john wall).

And lebron james was top 10 in his sophomore season.

Shortstop36
03-08-2013, 08:22 PM
Op are you serious about Drummond not getting this much hype?

I was hoping this dude would go to UConn like 5 years ago, also drummond has potential to be THAT dude. he's only 19

2pacalypto
03-08-2013, 08:26 PM

lebron was and KD damn near was

8Zero
03-08-2013, 08:28 PM
Op are you serious about Drummond not getting this much hype?

I was hoping this dude would go to UConn like 5 years ago, also drummond has potential to be THAT dude. he's only 19

drummond didn't get this level of hype while he was in high school, comparable maybe. but drummond's gonna live up to it more than wiggins.

the wiggins hype is more like the john wall or oj mayo hype. it's reaching a fever pitch that drummond never reached.

jross2021
03-08-2013, 08:39 PM
lebron was and KD damn near was

Yeah, but theyre going to go down as top 10 all time. The hell if im going to watch a league where some dude named andrew wiggins is an all time.great.

dankydank
03-08-2013, 08:42 PM
Duncan was top 10 his first year
actually finished top 5 in mvp voting i bea leaf

Otaman
03-08-2013, 08:46 PM
Yeah, but theyre going to go down as top 10 all time. The hell if im going to watch a league where some dude named andrew wiggins is an all time.great.

What if I told you he could end up being a Durant in Lebron's body?

8Zero
03-08-2013, 08:54 PM

^this is the exact sort of nonsense hype i'm talking about.

if you really think wiggins could be "a durant in lebron's body" then you're in for a big surprise.

Shortstop36
03-08-2013, 08:54 PM

Bias: Strong