PDA

View Full Version : Not on IF but just a curious question in regards to it and macros

joe24916
03-05-2013, 01:18 PM
So I used to implement IF into my diet until I realized everything was screwed up lol I do enjoy it however and may perhaps again in the far future once everything is fixed. The thing is I wonder how people who fast for 18-20 hours are able to hit their macros? For instance say someone with a 4 hour eating window breaks their fast at 12 and eats a big post workout meal then an hour maybe 1/2 later eats another meal then again 1 1/2 hours later eats their final meal. Does this time span between each meal leave enough room for all of the food? Especially for lets say all of the protein being taken in per meal? I was just curious because I saw a few posts and a Hodgetwins video where they killed a scoop of whey and 2 chicken burgers to break a fast then more food a few hours later.

WonderPug
03-05-2013, 01:19 PM
FYI: Digestion can take 24 to 72 hours.

VerdantSF
03-05-2013, 01:37 PM
I'm giving it a try at the moment, and I'm having trouble eating that much in two meals, something I never thought I'd complain about!

joe24916
03-05-2013, 02:01 PM
LOL that seems like so much to eat in 2 meals!

joe24916
03-05-2013, 02:02 PM
FYI: Digestion can take 24 to 72 hours.

I hear ya. I just don't get when ppl post how you need to wait this long or that long between meals for instance on fats after PWO only certain carbs and proteins yet in order for people on IF to hit macros they need to fit fats into the PWO meal I think?

AlwaysTryin
03-05-2013, 03:03 PM
I hear ya. I just don't get when ppl post how you need to wait this long or that long between meals for instance on fats after PWO only certain carbs and proteins yet in order for people on IF to hit macros they need to fit fats into the PWO meal I think?

Bro science (fats PWO)