PDA

View Full Version : BMR and Right Calories Intake

xxvicoxx
02-22-2013, 04:44 PM
Hey! Well basically I lost a lot of weight during the past 6 months. My fat percentage has went down from 22 to 9%, however I was under eating because I was just getting 1420 calorie when my bmr says 1670.( Obviously before I did not know that. ) I started eating my bmr about 4 weeks ago for about a week I saw myself a bit bigger however this changes after the second week so I started eating 1700 cal for another two weeks and now I am going up to 1800, well the last few days a bit more about 2000 because I had a few family dinners, but my plan was to keep going up slowly. The thing is that I would not want to get fat again or put weight on. I am doing my strength training because I want to build some muscle but whenever I look at some posts they all say eat above your maintenance to build muscle. When I checked the calculators to see what my maintenance was I found myself a bit confused because I need to multiply my bmr according to my everyday lifestyle, however I would want your help with this. My routine is as follows:

Monday: Chest + RPM + abs
Tuesday : off
Wednesday: Biceps + RPM+ abs
Thursday: Back + triceps + body pump
Friday: Shoulders + rpm + abs
Saturday: (lower chest, just complementary to my training) + body pump
Sunday: abs

Which number do you think I should multiply it by? What calories intake should I have everyday according to your suggestion? Also I am a student so you can think I am either walking to classes or sitting down studying while I am not at the gym. I am not working or anything at the moment.

Another questions is what will happen if I stop doing rpm? I mean I know I would lose fat slower but what do you recommend? I have been feeling a bit bored of the same training all the time and the problem is that I have tendonitis in my right knee so it bothers me from time to time if I do any other kind of things like the treadmill or rowing machine. I just dont want to put fat on but I want to gain some muscle. I am taking Creatine and Glutamine from dymatize, Nitro-Tech from MuscleTech, BCAAs from xtend. Thank you for your help in advance!

MrMichael1392
02-22-2013, 06:35 PM
BMR Is how many calories your body burns at rest, the number it spits out is what you want to eat to maintain your weight.

You need way more than 1800 a day to build muscle/gain strength.

Use the Harris Benedict equation, I find it to be the most reliable

KouRon
02-22-2013, 07:11 PM
Don't go off BMR, go off TDEE.

Use this website for working out calorie needs OP.

http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/

xxvicoxx
02-23-2013, 01:52 AM
Don't go off BMR, go off TDEE.

Use this website for working out calorie needs OP.

ok thank you I will try that... however what do you think my activity level would be considering all the information I posted? I just want a second opinion on that! Thanks!

xxvicoxx
02-23-2013, 01:53 AM
BMR Is how many calories your body burns at rest, the number it spits out is what you want to eat to maintain your weight.

You need way more than 1800 a day to build muscle/gain strength.

Use the Harris Benedict equation, I find it to be the most reliable

How many calories in your opinion should I eat to build some but not put fat on? I just dont want to get fat again. What should my limit be?

KouRon
02-23-2013, 03:53 AM
ok thank you I will try that... however what do you think my activity level would be considering all the information I posted? I just want a second opinion on that! Thanks!

How about you use the website and it will tell you?