PDA

View Full Version : Trolling aside misc, here's an objective opinion about kobe.

Aguy2diefor
02-22-2013, 01:38 AM
Kobe is a top ten player of all time, anyone saying otherwise is either intellectually dishonest or just a plain retard. IMO, he's both overrated and underrated depending on who you ask. His overall career has already eclipsed that of bird, and Hakeem. While I don't think his peak year is top ten worthy, his overall career is more than enough to put him on that list. i don't blame kobe for not winning on his peak years. I blame that on the luckluster management performance of the LA lakers from 2004-2006. I've seen enough from the Lakers to know that they could have come up with a move then to better their chances. And yes people, he had a much much much worse rooster than lebrons cavs.

Kobe is also the best Skilled Scorer to have ever played after jordans time.

Kobe's best two years in the league performance wise we're in 2005 to 2007. He clearly should have won the MVP award in 2006 IMO despite not finishing top four in the west. with that horrible rooster, i applaud kobe for even making it to the play-offs. However, Anyone saying he's top 5 really has to open a bit and shy away from homerism. Kobe is on the same level as Duncan, Shaq, Hakeem, maybe even Bird. I'd probably put him above Hakeem, but not above Shaq or Duncan. He clearly has a better overall career than Hakeem, put not better peak wise. I would probably even put him above bill or Wilt, you have to understand the level of competition then compared to now is huge, and I mean huge. Bill and Wilt were basically playing with 5'11 honkies, so i find it hard to fully equate their championships to any championships won after the 1980's

Although One can make the argument that i wasnt able to watch the 60's, i can't for the life of me believe 6'3 Centers can be competitive enough to equate Bill and wilt's championships to anyone who won the championship after the 80's. So put them on the list

MJ
Kareem - These three IMO have all solid cases for GOAT
Magic

Bird

Shaq
Kobe
Duncan
Hakeem

Out of the 4 above, Hakeem seems to be the weakest link right now. If lebron repeats, he should be considered above hakeem, IMO.

I love lebron, and he's cleraly been the best player in the last four years, but until he wins another one, i wouldn't put him on the same level as kobe ( sorry lebron brahs)

Amaso
02-22-2013, 01:40 AM
Bird above Kobe, Duncan, Hakeem, and Shaq?

Aguy2diefor
02-22-2013, 01:44 AM

Yes. But putting kobe, Duncan, Hakeem and Shaq above bird aint that bad of an opinion...they all have strong cases as well. I'm struggling typing hakeem on this list, but his 94 run has got to be the most impressive championship run ever

sdballer5588
02-22-2013, 01:44 AM

3 rings 3 mvps. 2 Fianls mvps. (back to back to back mvps) 2x 50 40 90 member club.

Yes. You fkn high?

LanceStone
02-22-2013, 01:56 AM
3 rings 3 mvps. 2 Fianls mvps. (back to back to back mvps) 2x 50 40 90 member club.

Yes. You fkn high?

You fkn dumb? You rotten piece of ****

Sikhveins
02-22-2013, 01:56 AM
No Kevin Garnett no care
No Karl Malone no care
No wilt chamberlain no care

Aguy2diefor
02-22-2013, 01:57 AM
No Kevin Garnett no care
No Karl Malone no care

FAV NBA Players: Rudy Gay

StarksFX
02-22-2013, 02:08 AM

Yes. You fkn high?

LOL at Bird better than Shaq or Duncan. He got injured or choked in the playoffs every other year.

Shaq-4 rings, 1 Mvp (shouldve been 1 more at least in 2001), 3 Fmvp. Out of their non Fmvp title Shaq was clearly better. Shaq in his threepeat season was better than Bird ever was. His peak is CLEARLY > Bird. Then u have longevity. 14 allnba seasons for Shaq and 10 allnba seasons for Bird. Shaq was the better playoff performer and finals performer.

Duncan-4 rings, 2 Mvp, 3 Fmvp, 14 allnba seasons. He was a better twoway player who upped his game in the playoffs for his career more than Bird did. Theyre close in the regular season but if u adjust for super fast pace of Birds teams and the super slow pace of Duncans, their numbers arent that different offensively. Bird was obviously the better offensive player but Duncan is one of the 5 greatest defensive players ever thats a landslide in their overall games.

Aguy2diefor
02-22-2013, 02:23 AM
LOL at Bird better than Shaq or Duncan. He got injured or choked in the playoffs every other year.

Shaq-4 rings, 1 Mvp (shouldve been 1 more at least in 2001), 3 Fmvp. Out of their non Fmvp title Shaq was clearly better. Shaq in his threepeat season was better than Bird ever was. His peak is CLEARLY > Bird. Then u have longevity. 14 allnba seasons for Shaq and 10 allnba seasons for Bird. Shaq was the better playoff performer and finals performer.

Duncan-4 rings, 2 Mvp, 3 Fmvp, 14 allnba seasons. He was a better twoway player who upped his game in the playoffs for his career more than Bird did. Theyre close in the regular season but if u adjust for super fast pace of Birds teams and the super slow pace of Duncans, their numbers arent that different offensively. Bird was obviously the better offensive player but Duncan is one of the 5 greatest defensive players ever thats a landslide in their overall games.

I don't disagree with you, but bird's resume is strong to be loling at on opinion of bird > shaq or duncan.

Aussiebrah66
02-22-2013, 02:55 AM
No Kevin Garnett no care
No Karl Malone no care

;).

GPx
02-22-2013, 03:01 AM
Another solid post.

I really wish I could have seen Bird/Magic on a day to day basis to be able to really rank them (therefore I stay out of top 5 arguments). It's almost impossible to come up with a consensus top 10. Top 5 is just a nightmare.

SompletelyCober
02-22-2013, 03:22 AM
Another solid post.

I really wish I could have seen Bird/Magic on a day to day basis to be able to really rank them (therefore I stay out of top 5 arguments). It's almost impossible to come up with a consensus top 10. Top 5 is just a nightmare.

Top 2 are pretty easy at least- no player besides Kareem can be argued as the GOAT over Jordan.

When Kareem Abdul-Jabbar left the game in 1989 at age 42, no NBA player had ever scored more points, blocked more shots, won more MVP awards, played in more All-Star Games, or logged more seasons. His list of personal and team accomplishments is perhaps the most awesome in league history: Rookie of the Year, member of six NBA championship teams, six-time NBA MVP, two-time NBA Finals MVP, 19-time All-Star, two-time scoring champ, and a member of the NBA 35th and 50th Anniversary All-Time Teams.

Of, and if you add college, he won a few championships there as well.

JustBulk
02-22-2013, 03:40 AM
No. Olajuwon > Shaq.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151750043

B0B4Life
02-22-2013, 04:08 AM
Kobe is a top ten player of all time

Russell Duncan Wilt Jordan Shaq Lebron Kareem Bird Magic Hakeem Oscar Hondo

all CLEARLY ahead of Kobe

StarksFX
02-22-2013, 05:17 AM
Russell Duncan Wilt Jordan Shaq Lebron Kareem Bird Magic Hakeem Oscar Hondo

all CLEARLY ahead of Kobe

Hondo LMFAO. Hes not even better than Drexler.

monsterBEN
02-22-2013, 05:22 AM
I agree OP, Kobe's horrible rooster really hindered his achievements in his prime.

BullStampede
02-22-2013, 05:50 AM
objective opinion...