PDA

View Full Version : How important are carbs? What if my meals were just protein and veggies/fat

aliensarecool
02-19-2013, 07:37 PM
Curious if I should drop down carbs a bit, I am chubby. Working on getting in shape.

Here's what I do (from another thread)

My splits are bi/back shoulders/traps chest/tri and legs just 1-2 times a week. With the rest of them rotating between 4-6 days a week that I lift. 3-5 times a week I run about 2.5 miles

My exercises are always different but on bi/back say I'll do 4-5 things for back, and then1-2 exercises for biceps.

For chest tri ill do 3-4 exercises for chest, then 2-3 for tris

Shoulder trap day usually is a bit shorter than the other days.

I'm posting on my phone that's why my grammar isn't perfect. Takes too long and I'm high.

Oh and diet I eat about 2.5k cal a day. Just overall high protein diet, low carbs, decent fat.

I'm 6'3" 204lb 24yo

Edit: I like to do 5-7 reps on all lifts for 5 sets. Maybe a lil more if mentally I don't feel I've pushed those muscles enough

Kevin71
02-19-2013, 08:12 PM
You could do keto if you want to go into that extreme.

aliensarecool
02-19-2013, 09:33 PM
Would I be missing anything besides extra energy? I have oatmeal in the AM and that's about it. My meals are usually protein and fat

Kevin71
02-19-2013, 10:13 PM
Would I be missing anything besides extra energy? I have oatmeal in the AM and that's about it. My meals are usually protein and fat

If you actually fully go into it then you may be more energetic than if you just do low carb. I can't tell you for sure, everyone is different and you'll here people preach it as the best diet and some say they couldn't stand it. If you want to go low carb may as well check it out.

foodandfitness
02-19-2013, 10:16 PM

You'll be missing out on the most important factor- learning how to apply a reasonable and balanced diet to your lifestyle.

Cutting out carbs is an extreme. It's best to avoid extremes.

Simply lower your calories from all the macronutrients, and keep things balanced. You'll still lose fat just as well and you won't have to deprive yourself of carbs.

Discomat
02-19-2013, 10:19 PM
look at keto works for me

aliensarecool
02-20-2013, 06:11 AM
i never really looked into keto/cycling