PDA

View Full Version : How many here have done PSMF?

Electricheadd
02-19-2013, 12:54 PM
A few years back when I first started cutting I read Lyle's RFL book. It seemed pretty extreme to me so I never really tried it. I recently read it again and decided to give it a try. I am curious what others experiences have been?

elgatito71
02-19-2013, 12:59 PM
A few years back when I first started cutting I read Lyle's RFL book. It seemed pretty extreme to me so I never really tried it. I recently read it again and decided to give it a try. I am curious what others experiences have been?

Op out of curiosity why are you going to try this when you have been doing so well on calorie deficit ? for what i have read about PSMF it's a short lend diet... with lil calories

ps.. am not trying to offended you just wane know why are you changing diets

Grendizer
02-19-2013, 01:08 PM

According to 'MY' experience, I did lyle's ultimate diet 2.0 for 10 days, lost muscle and fat, and gained more fat for my fifth high day, and felt like **** on all the days and workouts, will never do this again, EVER. (this is according to my experience), i did everything 100% correctly.

Electricheadd
02-19-2013, 01:13 PM
Op out of curiosity why are you going to try this when you have been doing so well on calorie deficit ? for what i have read about PSMF it's a short lend diet... with lil calories

ps.. am not trying to offended you just wane know why are you changing diets

No offense taken, I am very well versed in the standard cutting practice we preach here 1 lb/week solid macros etc etc. I have had great success with it and for anyone first starting out I would highly recommend it. Learning to count calories and building a maintainable lifestyle is extremely important.

That said, I happen to have an entire month with no social obligations and the allure of shaving several weeks off my total cut is pretty high. Historically I have usually steered people away from PSMF due to the difficulty of the diet and my thoughts in the first paragraph. I figured I should try it before I hold an real bias about it.

Electricheadd
02-19-2013, 01:17 PM
According to 'MY' experience, I did lyle's ultimate diet 2.0 for 10 days, lost muscle and fat, and gained more fat for my fifth high day, and felt like **** on all the days and workouts, will never do this again, EVER. (this is according to my experience), i did everything 100% correctly.

Ill chalk one up to a very negative experience. lol!

Revolutionize
02-19-2013, 01:17 PM

It works, but you're going to be hungry as hell. I think I was eating around 800 cals on that (it's been a few years). IIRC, I lost around 14lbs in 4 weeks, but some of that was water weight. It was also the beginning of my cut, so I was at a high bf%. I was maintaining strength in the gym, but I decreased volume. Also, make sure you don't overdo the cardio. A couple of brisk walks a week is about the limit.

The pwner3 (or something like that) did it for extended periods and got really lean and reported little (if any) muscle loss. If he's still on here, he knows as much about the RFL handbook as anyone.

Revolutionize
02-19-2013, 01:20 PM
Ill chalk one up to a very negative experience. lol!

I thought the ultimate diet 2.0 was quite different from the RFL handbook. I can't say for sure, but I thought that was more for competition or really low levels of bf.

Electricheadd
02-19-2013, 01:27 PM
I thought the ultimate diet 2.0 was quite different from the RFL handbook. I can't say for sure, but I thought that was more for competition or really low levels of bf.

It is quite a bit different, its designed for very lean people trying to get rid of some "stubborn" fat. Brutal depletion workouts, and very high carb days paired with very low calorie days.

Electricheadd
02-19-2013, 01:32 PM
It works, but you're going to be hungry as hell. I think I was eating around 800 cals on that (it's been a few years). IIRC, I lost around 14lbs in 4 weeks, but some of that was water weight. It was also the beginning of my cut, so I was at a high bf%. I was maintaining strength in the gym, but I decreased volume. Also, make sure you don't overdo the cardio. A couple of brisk walks a week is about the limit.

The pwner3 (or something like that) did it for extended periods and got really lean and reported little (if any) muscle loss. If he's still on here, he knows as much about the RFL handbook as anyone.

So far I switched over to 2 full body workouts like he recommends and dropped my volume as well. I was also thinking a couple of light cardio days and leave it at that. I work out to be a category 2 with 202g of protein so I get one refeed and one free meal a week. My calories are very low around 1000-1100 depending on my protein sources.

haha.. know Pwner3 from these forums he's always got an interesting point of view.