PDA

View Full Version : An interesting "Would ya do it" for the Sports Miscers....

nvrstopworking
02-18-2013, 12:49 PM
I watched "ESPN's 30 for 30" last night about Bo Jackson and it got me to thinking...

Here's the scenario for you guys. You will go back to age:20 (if you're older than that) and you will dominate the sport of your choice in a way that has never been seen before (better than Jordan/Wilt in bball, better than Federer/Sampras in tennis, better than Rice/Montana/Sanders in football).... but only for 10 years... at which point you will suffer a debilitating career-ending injury that will result in you being confined to a wheelchair for the rest of your life (no amount of money will fix this). No movement in your legs at all. Your penor still works though (lulz) and you still have sensation there.

Your 10 years in the sport will be completely injury-free and you'll play every game.

Do you do it?

BullBoy8
02-18-2013, 12:52 PM
Not a chance. Unless I can retire at year 9 and not get hurt. But since I doubt that is an option. This is a easy no for me.

thegenerel
02-18-2013, 12:53 PM
no, I dont want to have a miserable life from 30 onward.

HTownOlajuwon
02-18-2013, 12:54 PM
No, I'd be content just being the Brian Scalabrine of the sport.

Squid4Lyfe
02-18-2013, 01:03 PM
I would love playing the game, especially being the best and becoming a legend, but its not worth crippling myself for the rest of my life after that.

nvrstopworking
02-18-2013, 01:11 PM
Would anyone change their mind if it was 15 years of domination and walking with a pronounced limp? (can move around slowly but cannot run)

Masstastic
02-18-2013, 01:13 PM
Would anyone change their mind if it was 15 years of domination and walking with a pronounced limp? (can move around slowly but cannot run)

Yeah Id do that one.

Couldn't handle being in a wheelchair and being a punchline.

Otaman
02-18-2013, 01:13 PM
hmm that's a tough one

on one hand you get the unparallaled fame, money, respect all in your prime years. Plus still being able to retain almost all of it after the injury. You can probably still function quite well

but on the other, wheelchair for rest of your life, not being able to play the game you love, phaggots talking about you in the media and on the internet

I would probably say no. OP would you say yes?

GolfPants
02-18-2013, 01:17 PM

This, yeah probably. Original proposal, fck no.

Otaman
02-18-2013, 01:21 PM
I think knowing before hand that there will be a nasty career ending injury will drive you insane

RogerSterling
02-18-2013, 01:24 PM
Couldn't handle being in a wheelchair and being a punchline.

lol who would make a joke about a GOAT athlete suffering a career ending injury and being confined to a wheelchair for the rest of his life?

Squid4Lyfe
02-18-2013, 01:30 PM

Deal, here's my soul.

Masstastic
02-18-2013, 01:31 PM
lol who would make a joke about a GOAT athlete suffering a career ending injury and being confined to a wheelchair for the rest of his life?

The people on the Internet.

nvrstopworking
02-18-2013, 01:34 PM
hmm that's a tough one

on one hand you get the unparallaled fame, money, respect all in your prime years. Plus still being able to retain almost all of it after the injury. You can probably still function quite well

but on the other, wheelchair for rest of your life, not being able to play the game you love, phaggots talking about you in the media and on the internet

I would probably say no. OP would you say yes?

I dunno TBH... I've obviously never been confined to a wheelchair but I think that life probably wouldn't be that bad considering you'd be filthy rich and famous rather than being on your own in some poverty house.

And I'm also considering how legendary you'd actually be in the sporting world. Just to give you an example.... imagine playing basketball and averaging 45 pts/gm (while shooting 50/40/90).... or being a RB in football and rushing for 2500 yds in a season... or playing hockey and potting 120 goals.

Setting records that would be nearly "unbreakable"... having statues of you erected... I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be tempted.

Hoop_Dreams
02-18-2013, 01:36 PM
I'd do it.

Erik111
02-18-2013, 01:50 PM
lol at miscers saying they wouldn't do it when they are practically confined to chairs anyways

AlliWantisLulz
02-18-2013, 03:27 PM
1st option...no thanks jeff
2nd option...maybe

either way in your 10th year you wouldn't be the same player since the future injury would always be on your mind and you would play very safe and try to avoid it

kobe fans would

would be something like

kobe can walk > phaggot on the wheelchair

GOAT!!

MCrow
02-18-2013, 03:32 PM
No way. I'd like use of all my limbs thanks.

Dave P
02-18-2013, 03:43 PM
Nope.

nvrstopworking
02-18-2013, 03:45 PM
kobe fans would

would be something like

kobe can walk > phaggot on the wheelchair

GOAT!!

Lol'd hard.

newtmiscer
02-18-2013, 05:51 PM

nah bruh, i plan on staying in shape till the day i die

sdballer5588
02-18-2013, 05:57 PM
lol at miscers saying they wouldn't do it when they are practically confined to chairs anyways

You look worse than 90% of the avis on here.

JBhaverhill
02-18-2013, 06:10 PM
I watched "ESPN's 30 for 30" last night about Bo Jackson and it got me to thinking...

Here's the scenario for you guys. You will go back to age:20 (if you're older than that) and you will dominate the sport of your choice in a way that has never been seen before (better than Jordan/Wilt in bball, better than Federer/Sampras in tennis, better than Rice/Montana/Sanders in football).... but only for 10 years... at which point you will suffer a debilitating career-ending injury that will result in you being confined to a wheelchair for the rest of your life (no amount of money will fix this). No movement in your legs at all. Your penor still works though (lulz) and you still have sensation there.

Your 10 years in the sport will be completely injury-free and you'll play every game.

Do you do it?

wut

robby1024
02-18-2013, 06:27 PM
Would anyone change their mind if it was 15 years of domination and walking with a pronounced limp? (can move around slowly but cannot run)yes I would play baseball. i could go playing for a long career. yea i would walk slowly with a limp for the rest of my life but i got to play for 15 years and i would forever be known in the history books as the greatest player ever

bigcc
02-19-2013, 08:54 AM
absolutely, I'd just take up a sport like the ski-chairs, not to mention I'd still have the endless amount of money and fame that chicks would cling to

I've seen plenty of happy people with leg issues, and let's be honest how many of you plan to keep REALLY using your legs for any hobbies after 30 that you couldn't do in a wheelchair?

bigcc
02-19-2013, 08:55 AM
I think knowing before hand that there will be a nasty career ending injury will drive you insane

hmmm I didn't actually think about this, not sure now