PDA

View Full Version : Gtfih if you believe Lebron will go down as the best basketball player ever

J2BDifferent
02-14-2013, 08:58 PM
If he goes on to win a few more Mvps and a few more titles, I believe he will be the best "basketball" player ever.

InSaiyan
02-14-2013, 09:01 PM
this will not end well...but i do agree with u op.

J2BDifferent
02-14-2013, 09:05 PM
Nobody can change the game the way Michael did , but you cannot deny how dope Lebron is at the game of basketball.

KeenBaller
02-14-2013, 09:12 PM
It's going to be split between Lbj and Mj, the oldies vs the new generation, both are amazing players

PureCardio
02-14-2013, 09:14 PM
LeBron spent 7 years in a small market.

That's something that MJ, Magic, Bird, Olajuwon, Shaq, Abdul-Jabbar, Thomas, Kobe etc never did.

If LeBron actually played with an all-star for half of those seasons... who knows how many rings he would have.

FlabbyAndSick
02-14-2013, 09:22 PM

That's something that MJ, Magic, Bird, Olajuwon, Shaq, Abdul-Jabbar, Thomas, Kobe etc never did.

If LeBron actually played with an all-star for half of those seasons... who knows how many rings he would have.

Kareem never played in Milwaukee?

HarpoonBrah
02-14-2013, 09:22 PM

In & this , but I guess it cancels out that Jordan started later & left for baseball

Daewoo_Lanos
02-14-2013, 10:31 PM
been saying it since 2008-09. lebron will go down as the 2nd best player in history, AT WORST.

u phaggots irate yet?

Future24
02-14-2013, 10:42 PM
Yeah that'll never happen. He will never surpass Jordan because of his choke against the Mavs. Sorry.

CanardLaque
02-14-2013, 10:47 PM
Yeah...MJ never lost in a NBA final...Everyone else did..

Daewoo_Lanos
02-14-2013, 10:48 PM
Yeah that'll never happen. He will never surpass Jordan because of his choke against the Mavs. Sorry.

yea no. lebron is going to have 4 mvps, 2 rings and 2 finals mvps by the age of 28 1/2. if that's 7 mvps and 5 rings/5 finals mvps by the age of 34, while closing in on career totals of 35k pts, 10k rebs, 10k asts, he will go down as the greatest ever.

lol at dumb phaggots thinking you have to be perfect out the womb to be better than anyone who ever did it by the time you walk away.

Future24
02-14-2013, 10:55 PM
yea no. lebron is going to have 4 mvps, 2 rings and 2 finals mvps by the age of 28 1/2. if that's 7 mvps and 5 rings/5 finals mvps by the age of 34, while closing in on career totals of 35k pts, 10k rebs, 10k asts, he will go down as the greatest ever.

lol at dumb phaggots thinking you have to be perfect out the womb to be better than anyone who ever did it by the time you walk away.lol at choking on the biggest stage. Nope sorry it will never be forgotten that the German and company fuked him in the ass and made him look like a bitch.

imheartbreak
02-14-2013, 10:58 PM

I always lol at this. Not attacking you personally, but do people forget that the Heat could have just as easily won that series and be vying for a 3 peat this year?

I don't deny the fact that Bron did come up "small" if that's how you want to put it, however people seem to forget:

The Mavs' 15-point comeback in Game 2 was one of the biggest in NBA history. Dirk had to hit a last minute layup to win. Heat could have been up 2-0.

Game 4 the heat were down by 1 with about 5 seconds left. Wade fumbled the pass on the last possession and Mike Miller had to throw up a crazy shot, which he airballed. Could have ended the series here with a 4-0 sweep.

And game 5 they were down by 5 when Terry hit that ****ing ridiculous shot from WAY behind the arch in Lebron's face with about a minute left.

Lol, as poor as Lebron played, they were in every game, right down to the last few seconds. People genuinely act like the Heat were just straight dominated.

It's bittersweet. As a Heat fan and Lebron fan, I'm glad they didn't win. I believe it took that loss for us to witness THIS version of LBJ.

Future24
02-14-2013, 10:59 PM
I always lol at this. Not attacking you personally, but do people forget that the Heat could have just as easily won that series and be vying for a 3 peat this year?

I don't deny the fact that Bron did come up "small" if that's how you want to put it, however people seem to forget:

The Mavs' 15-point comeback in Game 2 was one of the biggest in NBA history. Dirk had to hit a last minute layup to win. Heat could have been up 2-0.

Game 4 the heat were down by 1 with about 5 seconds left. Wade fumbled the pass on the last possession and Mike Miller had to throw up a crazy shot, which he airballed. Could have ended the series here with a 4-0 sweep.

And game 5 they were down by 5 when Terry hit that ****ing ridiculous shot from WAY behind the arch in Lebron's face with about a minute left.

Lol, as poor as Lebron played, they were in every game, right down to the last few seconds. People genuinely act like the Heat were just straight dominated.

It's bittersweet. As a Heat fan and Lebron fan, I'm glad they didn't win. I believe it took that loss for us to witness THIS version of LBJ.You just validated my point. LeBron CHOKED. Could of put the Mavs away, but he didn't. Stood in the corner like a bitch and let Dirk go crazy.

Daewoo_Lanos
02-14-2013, 11:00 PM
lol at choking on the biggest stage. Nope sorry it will never be forgotten that the German and company fuked him in the ass and made him look like a bitch.

once again, no one cares. you will be pretending you were a lebron fan from day 1 to avoid ridicule within 3 years. srs

Nocks
02-14-2013, 11:10 PM
Jesus, Future69 is a phaggot. Get over it man.

Daewoo_Lanos
02-14-2013, 11:10 PM
As a Heat fan and Lebron fan, I'm glad they didn't win. I believe it took that loss for us to witness THIS version of LBJ.

that's exactly what happened, as i so eloquently explained w pics below

it's like the matrix... not believing you're the chosen one so you never hit your full potential, until one day you suddenly die unexpectedly. then from the grave, you reemerge realizing that you are unfukwitable and always have been and you toy with phaggots like the god that you are.

lebron died against dallas, and this version of him is what came back to life. luckily was able to acquire video evidence of the mental transformation:

http://oi49.tinypic.com/34814if.jpg

enjoy phaggots because lebron will never choke in the playoffs again. he owns the league until he decides to give it up. yes, i'm right. you all know it. will bump in 8 years.

FGCHENG
02-14-2013, 11:12 PM
Too early to say.. Get at least 2-3 more rings, then it can be up for debate. He still only has one ring at the end of the day...

He is having an amazing season this year no doubt. But we don't know what the future holds.

imheartbreak
02-14-2013, 11:13 PM
You just validated my point. LeBron CHOKED. Could of put the Mavs away, but he didn't. Stood in the corner like a bitch and let Dirk go crazy.

Actually Dirk scored on BOSH with three seconds left in game 2.

And in game 4 it was WADE who fumbled the ball.

I guess you can call it "choking" in game 5 when Terry hit the shot in his Lebron's face from 30 feet. But I mean, it was great defense and just a miracle shot lol.

So how did Lebron choke? He wasn't responsible for any of those final possessions.

Oh wait, you mean he choked because of what he did or didn't do over the span of an entire game?...

But...but..but I thought NBA fan boys defined "clutch" as being able to hit a walk off shot? lol.

FGCHENG
02-14-2013, 11:15 PM
Actually Dirk scored on BOSH with three seconds left in game 2.

And in game 4 it was WADE who fumbled the ball.

I guess you can call it "choking" in game 5 when Terry hit the shot in his Lebron's face from 30 feet. But I mean, it was great defense and just a miracle shot lol.

So how did Lebron choke? He wasn't responsible for any of those final possessions.

Oh wait, you mean he choked because of what he did or didn't do over the span of an entire game?...

But...but..but I thought NBA fan boys defined "clutch" as being able to hit a walk off shot? lol.

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/z%20Funny%20NBA%20Photos/Funny%20NBA%20Record/Lebron%20James/aka%20big%20choker/lebron-james-2011-nba-final-4q.jpg

I know we're pass all that right now, but it still has to be shown.

imheartbreak
02-14-2013, 11:42 PM
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/z%20Funny%20NBA%20Photos/Funny%20NBA%20Record/Lebron%20James/aka%20big%20choker/lebron-james-2011-nba-final-4q.jpg

I know we're pass all that right now, but it still has to be shown.

Does that really look all that different than these stats though?

Gm. 1 2-6 7
Gm. 2 1-4 6
Gm. 3 2-4 8

Those were his 4th quarter stats from last year, when they DID win the ring. And most of those points came from free throws. He still wasn't hitting shots and having monster late game heroics.

Judging solely based off his 4th quarter statistics in the year he "choked" and the year he "got over the hump" can be misleading. Like I said, I openly admit he wasn't on his game in the Dallas series. But regardless, THE MIAMI HEAT, were two or three plays away from a sweep. Mind you, in their first season playing together, and also mind you, when LBJ basically carried them through the east. Wade couldn't hit a shot. People lose sight of history and see it as black and white. Since he didn't win, he had to have choked. Whether LBJ was off his game or not, it took record breaking comebacks and Wade falling down to even lose those games. The Heat could be contending for a three peat this year if the ball bounced differently. If the Heat had actually won, would people look back and say that didn't ring didn't count, because Lebron only scored 2 points in the fourth quarter of game 2, rather than the whopping 6 points he had in game 2 last season? lol. Unless you're one of the sports misc trolls, and a blatant hater, I doubt it. It's all about perspective.

pg2tall
02-15-2013, 12:04 AM
I want him to dominate me. SRS

imheartbreak
02-15-2013, 12:48 AM
I want him to dominate me. SRS

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1171841/soon.gif

sdballer5588
02-15-2013, 02:44 AM
I doubt it. But this is like watching a motivated shaq that plays the 3 instead of center.

I may be seriously jumping the gun, but anyone ruling out GOAT status based on the mavs series is seriously a moron, or hasn't followed Jordans career AT ALL.

If social media existed in its present form, Jordan wouldve been torn to pieces.

AirCanada
02-15-2013, 03:03 AM
I doubt it. But this is like watching a motivated shaq that plays the 3 instead of center.

I may be seriously jumping the gun, but anyone ruling out GOAT status based on the mavs series is seriously a moron, or hasn't followed Jordans career AT ALL.

If social media existed in its present form, Jordan wouldve been torn to pieces.

Agreed that it's not ruled out, but Bron needs to put in a lot of work these next few years since Jordan 10 years into the league was ahead of where Bron is now. Also the social media thing goes both ways, you saw how crazy everyone went over Lebron's streak of 30 ppg, 60% FG right? How do you think people would react when Jordan dropped 10 triple doubles in 11 games averaging 33.5, 11.5, 11.5?

sdballer5588
02-15-2013, 03:10 AM
Agreed that it's not ruled out, but Bron needs to put in a lot of work these next few years since Jordan 10 years into the league was ahead of where Bron is now. Also the social media thing goes both ways, you saw how crazy everyone went over Lebron's streak of 30 ppg, 60% FG right? How do you think people would react when Jordan dropped 10 triple doubles in 11 games averaging 33.5, 11.5, 11.5?

Something i bet you didn't know about Jordans streak. It was very common for Jordan to constantly ask how many more assists and rebounds he needed to get his triple double, and played in certain situations JUST to get those stats.

Sound familiar? Imagine if Lebron didn't just wear a shirt. Imagine if you heard that Lebron asked the scorekeeper about his own stats. Jordan was an egomaniac and borderline psychopath. Jordan fought teammates in practice. Jordan openly berated coaches and teammates. Jordan humiliated his peers every day for his own amusement. If you think he'd receive a similar reception to Lebron I think you need to re-look at Jordans career. He did a lot of crazy stuff. It gets glossed over because of the championship glamour.

If Lebron keeps winning which he CAN but who knows he really might not. He might turn prime shaq and just get complacent. I'm just saying I wouldn't rule it out. Jordan is the greatest and probably always will be. But don't let his reputation get in the way of who he really was.

mavs1041
02-15-2013, 03:30 AM
Does that really look all that different than these stats though?

Gm. 1 2-6 7
Gm. 2 1-4 6
Gm. 3 2-4 8

Those were his 4th quarter stats from last year, when they DID win the ring. And most of those points came from free throws. He still wasn't hitting shots and having monster late game heroics.

Judging solely based off his 4th quarter statistics in the year he "choked" and the year he "got over the hump" can be misleading. Like I said, I openly admit he wasn't on his game in the Dallas series. But regardless, THE MIAMI HEAT, were two or three plays away from a sweep. Mind you, in their first season playing together, and also mind you, when LBJ basically carried them through the east. Wade couldn't hit a shot. People lose sight of history and see it as black and white. Since he didn't win, he had to have choked. Whether LBJ was off his game or not, it took record breaking comebacks and Wade falling down to even lose those games. The Heat could be contending for a three peat this year if the ball bounced differently. If the Heat had actually won, would people look back and say that didn't ring didn't count, because Lebron only scored 2 points in the fourth quarter of game 2, rather than the whopping 6 points he had in game 2 last season? lol. Unless you're one of the sports misc trolls, and a blatant hater, I doubt it. It's all about perspective.

Bro, I'm a big Mavs fan but I'm also a huge Lebron fan and a massive basketball fan above all and Lebron did choke in the finals. There is no point in discussing it or denying it bc he has made up for it since then and has absolutely taken over key games last year in the playoffs and this year. But if u watched that series against the mavs u would know lebron was a different player in the 4th quarter compared to the first 3. He had good stats for the first 3 quarters and the heat often had leads and lebron would absolutely disappear for the entire 4th quarter. Forget the last minute of the game or the last posessions where other players made errors. Fact of the matter is lebron didn't show up in the 4th of any game that finals. Don't defend it just move on and embrace the fact that he has developed his clutch gene and is playing better than anyone over the past 2 years and will likely win another ring this year.

This was after game 5 against the mavs: (and yes there's a huge difference in his 4th quarter stats last year compared to the year before)

http://mavsmag.com/redirk/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/photo-1-500x373.jpg

FlabbyAndSick
02-15-2013, 03:33 AM

He would've been torn to pieces and then what? Are you saying that would have affected how he played or just saying that we would've viewed him differently? If you're saying the former then I have to disagree. If you're saying the latter, then I'd say probably.

I think lebron could go down as #2 if he wins a few more championships. Like some are saying no one knows what can happen in the future ie injury or vince carter-like fall off, but Jordan's non-fear of failing, never backing down from a challenge or the possibility of failing, perfection in the finals and complete domination of his oppenets will always have him as #1 to me. On top of the way he played the game. And when I say played the game, I'm not talking about how he passed the ball or rebounded. I'm just talking about how he moved on the court and how he did the things he did on the court. How he would score. Must see tv. You'd see things that you've never seen before when jordan played.

MyronJobrawsky
02-15-2013, 03:35 AM
lebron may be just as good as mj but he won't change the game because its already been done

rusvik
02-15-2013, 04:47 AM
lebron may be just as good as mj but he won't change the game because its already been done

If the NBA begins changing rules to make Lebron less effective (aka. bring back no 3 sec, hand check), then that would help his case.

Ivan7x
02-15-2013, 05:33 AM
This was after game 5 against the mavs: (and yes there's a huge difference in his 4th quarter stats last year compared to the year before)

http://mavsmag.com/redirk/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/photo-1-500x373.jpgDirk the true GOAT showing Lephaggot how its done

Jordan will always be the best lol at thinking legay will ever be recognized as better that phaggot isnt even better than Kobe (srs)

Future24
02-15-2013, 06:04 AM
Man you LeBron fans. So in Cleveland it was all LeBron carrying his team because his team was awful. But when the heat loss it was the teams fault not LeBrons.

Starting to use that Peyton Manning logic.

R.Cranium
02-15-2013, 07:49 AM
Who has said the Heat losing to the Mavs in the finals wasn't LeBron's fault? That series was the culmination of three years of pressure building, the whole world wanted him to fail. And he did...hard. But look where he's at now, a completely different player who doesn't give two fuks, just out there dominating.

Daewoo_Lanos
02-15-2013, 07:55 AM
That series was the culmination of three years of pressure building, the whole world wanted him to fail. And he did...hard. But look where he's at now, a completely different player who doesn't give two fuks, just out there dominating.

it's only after we've lost everything that we are free to do anything

originaldood
02-15-2013, 08:10 AM
Dirk the true GOAT showing Lephaggot how its done

Jordan will always be the best lol at thinking legay will ever be recognized as better that phaggot isnt even better than Kobe (srs)

Jordan never lost in the playoffs??

And lol at Dirk. My Spurs and TD ****ed him up in the playoffs plenty of times. Dirks trash

thewiz8807
02-15-2013, 08:10 AM
Let's just wait until Finals get here lol. I was for sure Spurs were going to take it that year only to get knocked out of first round by the 8th seed Grizzlies. And then last with the Spurs, they were up 2-0 on the Thunder only to lose 4 straight. This is after sweeping both the Jazz and Clippers plus having a win streak before the playoffs. Too unpredictable in the post season. Nobody expected Boston to go 7 games with Miami, and there were some questionable calls that really ****ed Boston over. If not for those Boston would've taken the ECF last year. So we'll see.

I hate the Heat for sure, but I won't deny their talent or that they're a threat. LBJ is a ****ing beast. And Wade is a sharpshooter. But I think Miami may have trouble with their roster come 2014.

krogtaar
02-15-2013, 08:37 AM
lol at choking on the biggest stage. Nope sorry it will never be forgotten that the German and company fuked him in the ass and made him look like a bitch.

we gonna act like Dirk wasn't getting Timmy D's sloppy seconds?

I think Lebron will go down as having the best total career, arguable about the best at his peak, but it will take 5 rings and better stats than Jordan for a few years before people can look passed his early choke appearances.

JBhaverhill
02-15-2013, 08:49 AM
People forget that Jordan didn't do **** in the playoffs for 8 years until Pippen showed up. None of these guys are winning multiple rings by themselves.

Jordan needed Pippen
Bron needs Wade
Kobe needed Shaq/Pau

IMO Bron doesn't need 6 to be considered on Jordan's level. 3 or 4 should do it, that plus his all around stats and incredible defense guarding 4 positions.

Daewoo_Lanos
02-15-2013, 08:53 AM
People forget that Jordan didn't do **** in the playoffs for 8 years until Pippen showed up. None of these guys are winning multiple rings by themselves.

Jordan needed Pippen
Bron needs Wade
Kobe needed Shaq/Pau

IMO Bron doesn't need 6 to be considered on Jordan's level. 3 or 4 should do it, that plus his all around stats and incredible defense.

honestly the only one to do it alone was Hakeem. but that's what happens in a Jordan-free league when you're surrounded by great shooters.

D-12 got close with the same formula. Until he realized he's about 19 times less skilled than Hakeem was and got his ass beat down hard in the finals.

no wing player has ever nor will ever do it alone.

GooBaaa
02-15-2013, 08:56 AM

Jordan needed Pippen
Bron needs Wade
Kobe needed Shaq/Pau

IMO Bron doesn't need 6 to be considered on Jordan's level. 3 or 4 should do it, that plus his all around stats and incredible defense guarding 4 positions.

wtf is the point of stats if you have no rings to show for them

BrownOut
02-15-2013, 09:44 AM
Dirk the true GOAT showing Lephaggot how its done

LOL Dirk was considered one of the biggest playoff chokers before he won that ring. Are you forgetting that people were wondering if he was ever going to win a ring? Did you forget about the golden state series where the mavs lost to the 8th seed? 2006 finals where he lost 4 straight games to dwade?

But now he's solidified himself as one of the best PFs to ever play. Nobody cares about his past failures anymore, that's just how it is. It's going to be the same for Lebron.

evansanity
02-15-2013, 09:44 AM
lebron = future goat crew checking in

Ivan7x
02-15-2013, 10:01 AM
golden state series where the mavs lost to the 8th seed? 2006 finals where he lost 4 straight games to dwade?
ill agree that they choked hard against the warriors i thought for sure theyd win it all that year

but fukin lol at losing to dwade mother fuker the refs GAVE the heat that series and Dirk did all he could it was his phaggot teammates that choked

BrownOut
02-15-2013, 10:21 AM
ill agree that they choked hard against the warriors i thought for sure theyd win it all that year

but fukin lol at losing to dwade mother fuker the refs GAVE the heat that series and Dirk did all he could it was his phaggot teammates that choked

the point I'm trying to make is that winning changes how a player is perceived. No one will legitimately say that b/c Lebron choked against the Mavs he won't be considered one of the best players to play if he keeps on winning. Kobe was one of the most hated players after Shaq left but look what happened after he won those two rings after. Same thing is happening to Lebron. Jordan lost to the Piston 3 times in a row in the playoffs, no one brings that up anymore because he won 6 rings after that. It's pointless to keep bringing up past failures if the player keeps winning after that.