PDA

View Full Version : Would you live in Syria for one year for $1,000,000?

ScubaStevo
02-14-2013, 04:59 PM
Would you do it? You are armed with a flakjacket and a 9mm. You only know how to speak the languages you do now.

Real23
02-14-2013, 05:02 PM
This guy lives in Syria and makes much more than that.

All hail Assad Bashir

http://www.presidentassad.net/images/Assad_Personal_Pictures/Bashar%20Al-Assad_41_%2024-12-2008.jpg

ScubaStevo
02-14-2013, 05:05 PM
ITT we find out who is up on current events

eP1e29nZg5Y

VVolfgang
02-14-2013, 05:31 PM
I really can't think of any realistic scenario where I would survive for a year over there. staying away from the fighting probably wouldn't be a big deal but there'd just be no way to survive

ScubaStevo
02-14-2013, 05:36 PM
lmfao at poll results

lmfao

Rune
02-14-2013, 05:40 PM
if I was going to try you'd be damn sure I'd stay as far away from any city as I could get...

so essentially, would I take 1,000,000 for going survivorman syria... that sounds hard for a year, and hot as fuk.

surekid
02-14-2013, 05:44 PM
Would you do it? You are armed with a flakjacket and a 9mm. You only know how to speak the languages you do now.
Do i get the 1 mil before or after?
If before I'd go there and just pay ****s to protect me,
If after I'd still risk it try find someone who speaks Greek or English to help me out which should be easy considering the population of Greek Orthodox

ScubaStevo
02-14-2013, 05:45 PM
Do i get the 1 mil before or after?
If before I'd go there and just pay ****s to protect me,
If after I'd still risk it try find someone who speaks Greek or English to help me out which should be easy considering the population of Greek Orthodox

After - doubt money would help an American in Syria anyway

tsbalr120
02-14-2013, 05:45 PM
Um scuba..

...people do live there.
And have for many many years.

I'm sure alot of misc brahs can do labor jobs in a village, far from the fighting, for food and shelter.

Why u scared of some civil war thats only in a specific portion of the country?

ScubaStevo
02-14-2013, 05:48 PM
Um scuba..

...people do live there.
And have for many many years.

I'm sure alot of misc brahs can do labor jobs in a village, far from the fighting, for food and shelter.

Why u scared of some civil war thats only in a specific portion of the country?

lmfao somebody has no idea what goes on in Syria.

There are literally dozens of beheading videos coming out of Syria over the last couple of months. Then you have the executions and beatings with ak-47's. Mind you they are beating other Syrians, not Americans.

surekid
02-14-2013, 05:48 PM
After - doubt money would help an American in Syria anyway
No American, Greek!/Australian
Could grow a dirty beard and blend in with nicely

ScubaStevo
02-14-2013, 05:54 PM
Allow me to further educate some of you:

DNecE_Z1f_M

Have fun going to the market!

LMFAO!!!

tuved
02-14-2013, 06:09 PM
Allow me to further educate some of you:

[youtube]DNecE_Z1f_M[/youtube

Have fun going to the market!

LMFAO!!!

I think even SYRIANKID would not take this up and that's his own country. He has written many pages in the thread about Syria. It must be scary as he is still in the west.

SimmerDownBrah
02-14-2013, 06:22 PM
I'd go as long as I got paid the average wage (didn't come from the 1 million, and can't be saved up - only for survival e.g food etc)

Then I'd probably run off to Tartus/Latakia or to the Armenian parts of Aleppo.

Probably still end up getting shot though...

CuriousGM
02-14-2013, 06:36 PM
ITT: A whole lotta dead people.

Dave22reborn
02-14-2013, 07:11 PM
lmfao somebody has no idea what goes on in Syria.

There are literally dozens of beheading videos coming out of Syria over the last couple of months. Then you have the executions and beatings with ak-47's. Mind you they are beating other Syrians, not Americans.

And everything you supposedly know is from videos.

AgRyan
02-14-2013, 10:39 PM
Fuk that. I'd rather live. I like to think I'm not a pussy but daddy didn't raise no fool.

Sargamatha
02-15-2013, 04:08 AM
risk your life so that you wont have to work hard anymore in life and save a lot of worries? I would do it, under 1 circumstance: Only if im alone. wouldn't risk anyone life, I would have to be there and work on my own. I'd go on dat dere Snake time, metal gear solid style

DNecE_Z1f_M

Actually I'd think about it...

BoomTingWarrior
02-15-2013, 05:08 AM
depends how food and stuff is going to work... do you have to have a job and chit while youre there or could you just hide in a house for a year ?

Alchem
02-15-2013, 05:24 AM
Sure, I doesn't afraid of anything.

TheJimmyRustler
02-15-2013, 06:26 AM
No, and definitely not if you're dropped in there with only the knowledge of languages you have now. If the scenario involved you speaking the language, I'd consider doing it if I could leg it to some quiet border village, somewhere out of any point of military interest, but I'd probably turn it down, regardless.

I think this would be more interesting - either live in Syria for a year, know the language, get a million or live in Syria for a year, don't know the language, get a billion.

Knowing the language, being able to communicate with others and know where you're going would make it completely different.

Merauder
02-15-2013, 06:30 AM
voted yes trolol

aristopF
02-15-2013, 07:43 AM
I speak Levantine Arabic so I can find my way to safer places, I always wanted to see Damascus anyway