PDA

View Full Version : Nerlens Noel X-rays negative

IShootCMen
02-13-2013, 07:20 AM
No break or fracture. MRI still to be done so this rules out the worst of the worst.

Best case scenario is hyperextension still.

Backus21
02-13-2013, 07:25 AM
I really hope he comes out of this okay. Dude has some serious talent and its always sad to see a great player hurt early in their career

monsterBEN
02-13-2013, 07:33 AM
MRI is what will show the worst of the worst.

PureCardio
02-13-2013, 07:36 AM
MRI is what will show the worst of the worst.

lol this, I don't know how an upper or lower leg break would be worse than the likely ACL, MCL, meniscus, hopefully nothing wrong with the patella area.

Feel so fckn bad for the kid, its a bunch of sht that he couldn't go straight to the NBA.

IShootCMen
02-13-2013, 07:44 AM
lol this, I don't know how an upper or lower leg break would be worse than the likely ACL, MCL, meniscus, hopefully nothing wrong with the patella area.

Feel so fckn bad for the kid, its a bunch of sht that he couldn't go straight to the NBA.

A tear and a fracture would really set him back

Praying for him to stay safe srs

Legsneedwork
02-13-2013, 07:52 AM
If I'm a GM drafted outside the lottery, I'm chomping at the bits to see if he falls that far. With how bad this draft class is, I'd still draft him in a second even with a torn ACL in February.

phillyfreak7
02-13-2013, 07:56 AM
No break or fracture. MRI still to be done so this rules out the worst of the worst.

Best case scenario is hyperextension still.A torn ACL is much worse than a break.

phillyfreak7
02-13-2013, 07:58 AM
If I'm a GM drafted outside the lottery, I'm chomping at the bits to see if he falls that far. With how bad this draft class is, I'd still draft him in a second even with a torn ACL in February.If I'm the 76ers, I'd take him in the first still.

LyonGaultier
02-13-2013, 09:38 AM
I hope he's okay. But maybe it's a sign that he should stay another year and not a one and done. Maybe work for the future and his offensive game.

MrDink
02-13-2013, 09:41 AM
Bobcats fans just let out a huge breath of fresh air.

AirCanada
02-13-2013, 09:57 AM
I hope I'm wrong, but the way his knee bent, I'm almost certain there's a tear. It looked like Shaun Livingston's knee when he went down a few years ago and the guy ended up with a torn ACL/PCL/meniscus AND sprained his MCL + a couple of other things.

Iczer
02-13-2013, 10:01 AM
Not a very good angle...but still....

http://theshiver.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=284&d=1360733793

Doober4
02-13-2013, 10:26 AM
I hope I'm wrong, but the way his knee bent, I'm almost certain there's a tear. It looked like Shaun Livingston's knee when he went down a few years ago and the guy ended up with a torn ACL/PCL/meniscus AND sprained his MCL + a couple of other things.

And now he's dropping dimes on fools.

Masstastic
02-13-2013, 10:52 AM
Confirmed Torn ACL

Not sure what else

Masstastic
02-13-2013, 10:57 AM
If I'm a GM drafted outside the lottery, I'm chomping at the bits to see if he falls that far. With how bad this draft class is, I'd still draft him in a second even with a torn ACL in February.

Don't see any reason he comes out unless he gets a guarantee that some team will draft him Top 15 at least, specifically a Lottery team. If you're OKC, what do you have to lose by drafting him and waiting for him to return by the end of the season?

If he does recover 100%. He'll go Top 5 in 2014 with that stacked Kentucky squad and that's significantly more money than sitting around hoping some team takes a flyer on him in the 20's.

Iczer
02-13-2013, 11:04 AM
Don't see any reason he comes out unless he gets a guarantee that some team will draft him Top 15 at least, specifically a Lottery team. If you're OKC, what do you have to lose by drafting him and waiting for him to return by the end of the season?

If he does recover 100%. He'll go Top 5 in 2014 with that stacked Kentucky squad and that's significantly more money than sitting around hoping some team takes a flyer on him in the 20's.

Next year will be stacked. I could definitely see him being taken outside of the top 5. Wiggins, Randle, Parker, Harrison twins, Chris Walker, Aaron Gordon could all go high next year.