PDA

View Full Version : Michigan has the best in-state college sports rivalry in the country

stevedarsh
02-12-2013, 04:46 PM
I'm talking football and basketball combined. I'll throw in hockey too.

There is no need to be upset.

bbacn123
02-12-2013, 05:01 PM
Actually still think it's Duke and Carolina

Both good in basketball (usually)? Check
Both sh*tty in football (usually)? Check

Makes for competitive environments in both.

Sure implications aren't as big for football. That's ok. Michigan State isn't even Michigan's biggest rival in football. F*cking fail. At least with UNC/Duke it's THE game on the calendar for both sports. Can't say that for Michigan. THE game in football is against OSU.

bbacn123
02-12-2013, 05:04 PM
While we're at it since we're going with in-state rivalries, we can extend it since Duke and NCST have their history and NCST and UNC have their history.

So really North Carolina has a 3-way thing going on. Might even be able to throw in WF to the fiasco.

lol at poverty Michigan

Tobacco Road > any other in-state rivalry

SwagMorris
02-12-2013, 05:18 PM
In NC, NCSU and dook fans gang up on UNC given the chance. Sports radio in NC is a circle jerk of NCSU and dook. Message boards on ESPN during any game with these teams becomes UNC bashing even if they have nothing to do with anything going on. It's truly pathetic. And dook is not UNCs biggest rival for football. It's definitely cow college.

I'm actually gonna agree with OP on this. Was trying to think of a rivalry that compares currently, but national implications aren't met overall by any other one.

My only question is, is the hate as strong between UM and MSU as it is in other states, or even between OSU and UM? MSU kind of seems like a little brother school, imo. Similar to NCSU, Auburn, GT, FSU, A&M, etc.

folly412
02-12-2013, 05:18 PM
Might be UM and MSU. Even that's tough to say when UM's biggest rival is OSU. So many are limited to just football or just basketball...Duke and UNC for basketball, but they don't care about each other in football. UNC and State is the football rivalry. Plenty of traditional rivalries just don't cross to basketball because one or both programs stink: Bama/Auburn, Cal/Stanford, etc.

jross2021
02-12-2013, 05:51 PM
Rutgers and Pittsburgh

Heaney
02-12-2013, 06:22 PM
MSU kind of seems like a little brother school, imo.

Confirms Mike Hart is a sports miscer

Miked1978
02-12-2013, 07:17 PM
Bama and auburn for football
Duke and UNC for basketball

IMO Michigan disqualifies itself since OSU is Michigans biggest rival.