PDA

View Full Version : Should a bodybuilder ever eat sugar cereal

Baseballfan158
02-10-2013, 07:43 PM
Just wondering saw a YouTube video of a guy he got caption crunch because of the carbs in it when it also had 10 grams of sugar and he been bodybuilding for a long time.

So just wondering should they or not?

Tdiguy
02-10-2013, 07:46 PM
stats...95lbs LOL

second what is wrong with sugar......and yes not one bodybuilder in the entire world eats sugar lol common REALLY??

necon76
02-10-2013, 07:54 PM
What video?

Baseballfan158
02-10-2013, 08:03 PM
Nick wright rebuild series. Trip to Walmart what it called.

MetilHed
02-10-2013, 08:33 PM
Nick wright rebuild series. Trip to Walmart what it called.

Does he even lift ?

sixteen60
02-10-2013, 08:49 PM
- Should a bodybuilder ever eat sugar cereal?

NO!

Most cereal contains 20-50% sugar by calories. The Cap'n Crunch you mentioned is 44% sugar by calories. Fat-free milk is >55% sugar by calories, 2% "Reduced Fat" is ~40% sugar, 3.25% "whole milk" is ~30% sugar, although milk sugar is lactose which is not as bad as fructose and sucrose. Milk is also a very easy way to get protein, which is pretty much nonexistent in cereal.

If you care about your health, you should not eat sugary cereal. As a bodybuilder, there is zero benefit. The only rational reason to eat such sugary cereal is if you are poor and need cheap calories and you enjoy its flavor.

Neopragmatist
02-10-2013, 08:54 PM
is top of his mouth okay from all that captain crunch?

necon76
02-10-2013, 08:55 PM

NO!

Most cereal contains 20-50% sugar by calories. The Cap'n Crunch you mentioned is 44% sugar by calories. Fat-free milk is >55% sugar by calories, 2% "Reduced Fat" is ~40% sugar, 3.25% "whole milk" is ~35% sugar, although milk sugar is lactose which is not as bad as fructose and sucrose. Milk is also a very easy way to get protein, which is pretty much nonexistent in cereal.

If you care about your health, you should not eat sugary cereal. As a bodybuilder, there is zero benefit. The only rational reason to eat such sugary cereal is if you are poor and need cheap calories and you enjoy its flavor.

Lol.

softpounder
02-10-2013, 08:57 PM

NO!

Most cereal contains 20-50% sugar by calories. The Cap'n Crunch you mentioned is 44% sugar by calories. Fat-free milk is >55% sugar by calories, 2% "Reduced Fat" is ~40% sugar, 3.25% "whole milk" is ~30% sugar, although milk sugar is lactose which is not as bad as fructose and sucrose. Milk is also a very easy way to get protein, which is pretty much nonexistent in cereal.

You heard that?

Heh.

Edit: necon, not fair, I'm on my phone - you were first darn.

ragealot
02-10-2013, 09:03 PM

NO!

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzMPIXzZmJkARw_rau94p1Qrr4A6sev-xDoZKAsD6fRSus1vR9FA
There is no need to be upset.

Nothing wrong with a little sugar in your diet OP. if you're bulking it's a nice way to keep things fresh. Nothing worse than getting burnt out eating the same food every day.

Tdiguy
02-10-2013, 09:10 PM
yeah bodybuilders should avoid sugar its so toxic.....stick to celltech much better for yah LOL

WonderPug
02-10-2013, 09:13 PM
Just wondering saw a YouTube video of a guy he got caption crunch because of the carbs in it when it also had 10 grams of sugar and he been bodybuilding for a long time. So just wondering should they or not?My suggestion: stick to watching cute cat videos on YouTube and learn the basics about nutrition by reading the stickies at the top of the nutrition forum.

gymjunki3
02-10-2013, 09:13 PM
Its great to see youtube fitness making it clear for people out there.

facerasta
02-10-2013, 09:47 PM
Dumb question.

You can eat whatever you want, as long as it stays within your macro's.

dbman4
02-10-2013, 09:55 PM
the ironic part of this is that Nick wright would probably tell you now that if the sugar cereal fit within your macros the cereal would be fine given he's changed his views before. Can you comment on how new this video is?

Zeebruh
02-10-2013, 09:59 PM
the ironic part of this is that Nick wright would probably tell you now that if the sugar cereal fit within your macros the cereal would be fine given he's changed his views before. Can you comment on how new this video is?

I think it was recent I watched it today lol

But OP sugar is fine to eat just don't go overboard, you can eat basically whatever you want just make sure it fits your macros

FitnessFan76
02-11-2013, 01:17 AM

NO!

What about fruit muesli? It has sugar, but it's all naturally occurring - none of it is artificially added.

0kz
02-11-2013, 01:20 AM
Only if its part of a 6(or more) meals diet.

Not srs I love Cheerios

moosedahgoose
02-11-2013, 05:15 AM
What about fruit muesli? It has sugar, but it's all naturally occurring - none of it is artificially added.

trollin hard

PBateman2
02-11-2013, 09:37 AM
Do not call yourself a bodybuilder if you EVER eat sugary cereal. Youre really not a bodybuilder if you do that.

I would say you would be more along the lines of...um....like.....a.......fitness enthusiast. Yeah thats it.

LOL

TomBremner
02-11-2013, 09:40 AM
i ate sugar once...died.

magic15
02-11-2013, 10:20 AM
Tempted to neg

FitnessFan76
02-11-2013, 10:23 AM

trollin hard

Not trolling, just asking a question. I wouldn't eat fruit muesli all the bloody time, I'd get bored! I like some sugary cereal as much as the next guy - not all the time, just occasionally. Moderation, yes? ;)

ironwill2008
02-11-2013, 10:23 AM
LMAO @ this thread.