PDA

View Full Version : Help with losing fat

ccerrito1
02-07-2013, 12:21 PM
So I have had 0 success with losing fat. Here's the details. I have been following this religiously for 6 weeks and haven't missed a day. Training 3 days a week. MWF split. Mon chest/tris Wed back/bis Fri Shoulders/Legs. HIIT Cardio post workout 30-45 mins I am eating 1900-2000 calories per day 150grams of carbs 225protein 50 fat. All meals are 2-3 hours apart. All clean food and protein. Taking fish oils, CLA, and multi. I am starting to lower my calories to see if that helps however I am under maintenance as it is. I'm 32 yr old male. Weight is stuck at 190lbs at 17% bodyfat. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

dmacdonal9
02-07-2013, 12:23 PM
The first place to look is accurate calorie counting.

http://www.fitnessfactreview.com/the-art-science-of-calorie-counting/

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148418313

ccerrito1
02-07-2013, 12:27 PM
Thanks for that. This is definately something to look at. I weigh and measure everything so I am pretty confident in my numbers. If I am correct, where would be the next place to look for problems?

dmacdonal9
02-07-2013, 12:55 PM
There isn't really much else outside of a medical issue mate. If you'd lost 100 pounds over the last year and had this issue, it could be a metabolic problem. But 6 weeks with nothing lost simply means you are eating as many calories as you're burning. Weighing isn't foolproof, there's still a lot of room for error in serving sizes and off-the-books nibbling/grazing/cheat days, alcohol, other liquid calories, not counting protein shakes, forgetting about oil used to fry foods, etc.

By the way, HIIT cardio right after lifting is not a great idea. Do it on off days and as far away from lower body work as possible.

A 3 days split is not training frequently enough either. That only hits a bodypart once a week. You would probably have better luck with a 3 day per week full body or a 4 day upper/lower split.

Neither has a direct impact on lack of fat loss though, that would be more about retaining muscle mass.

nicklyne
02-07-2013, 12:59 PM
Thanks for that. This is definately something to look at. I weigh and measure everything so I am pretty confident in my numbers. If I am correct, where would be the next place to look for problems?

A new pair of food scales, you should be dropping weight at 1900 calories with your lbs