PDA

View Full Version : Eating for bb shouldn't be this hard... Feedback on the starch+proetin controversy?

LanaDelRey
02-05-2013, 06:39 PM
So recently I've been on a huge nutrition kick since being very sick in Japan without much good food / cooking know-how.

Now in the states, I get all my vitamins and minerals through nuts, vegetables and fruits.

I don't believe in the paleo hype and think people, especially bodybuilders, need starches.

Many, many places (mostly where people talk about losing weight) say that for proper digestion/ absorption, you must separate protein and starches. This is very frustrating to me as it'll make it much harder to meet my macro needs AND eating carbs by themselves make me tired, while just protein won't make me full.

Plus, I can't live without beef stew...lol anyway, if you guys have some contraindications on this trend, such as gaining weight or bbing, please let it be known!

necon76
02-05-2013, 06:42 PM
Many, many places (mostly where people talk about losing weight) say that for proper digestion/ absorption, you must separate protein and starches.

That's a load of bullsh!t.

Proper nutrition is only hard if you choose to make it that way. The reality is that it's actually quite simple.

LanaDelRey
02-05-2013, 06:49 PM
That's a load of bullsh!t.

Proper nutrition is only hard if you choose to make it that way. The reality is that it's actually quite simple.

I know! It's so easy, but if you follow these mf's, you'll spend your whole day planning and crying and ****.
I think I'll just listen to my body and heat up some more beef stew.

LanaDelRey
02-05-2013, 07:06 PM
And wouldn't combining them help stabilize blood sugar?? I love how people are ignoring this because it's a whack lololol