PDA

View Full Version : Am I on a good road to leanness?

liamattwells95
02-05-2013, 06:14 PM
I'm a 18 year old male.

I weigh around 175 and I am 17% body fat

Egg, Whole - Cooked, Fried 312
Wonder Soft 100% Whole Wheat Bread 118

Becel Regular Margarine 70

Milk, 1% - Fine-filtered 100

Beef, Top Sirloin - Separable Lean Only, Trimmed To 1/4" Fat, Select, Cooked, Broiled 422 / Lean chicken 300

Brown Rice 150

Niblets Corn - Frozen Steamers 90

Salmon, Atlantic, Wild - Cooked, Dry Heat 280

Beans, Snap, Green - Frozen, Cooked, Boiled, Drained Without Salt 38

Frozen Broccoli 25

100% Whey Protein Powder - Fundation Fuels 180

Water 750 MLx1

Some mornings ill have fresh fruit

And sometimes if I really need a snack I will eat Brown rice crispies with 1% milk ( the same milk above ) and no sugar!
I will also snack on Baby spinach salad which i forgot to include.

Total Cals: 1775 /1650

This is my average day, Except the steak is replaced with Lean Chicken a lot of the times.
I also sometimes eat a sub @ subway once a week if I'm low on calories that day. I pick a healthier sub.

I just started this diet out a few days ago and I seem to be losing fat, however I havn't noticed and actual weight loss. I just look less fat.

I want to know if this looks like a healthy diet and if you could give some input it would be appreciated !

cumminslifter
02-05-2013, 07:12 PM
macros?

waffles95
02-05-2013, 08:50 PM
calories look WAY too low unless you're like 4 foot 10

MrZombieSteve
02-05-2013, 09:17 PM
I'm a 18 year old male.

I weigh around 175 and I am 17% body fat

Egg, Whole - Cooked, Fried 312
Wonder Soft 100% Whole Wheat Bread 118

Becel Regular Margarine 70

Milk, 1% - Fine-filtered 100

Beef, Top Sirloin - Separable Lean Only, Trimmed To 1/4" Fat, Select, Cooked, Broiled 422 / Lean chicken 300

Brown Rice 150

Niblets Corn - Frozen Steamers 90

Salmon, Atlantic, Wild - Cooked, Dry Heat 280

Beans, Snap, Green - Frozen, Cooked, Boiled, Drained Without Salt 38

Frozen Broccoli 25

100% Whey Protein Powder - Fundation Fuels 180

Water 750 MLx1

Some mornings ill have fresh fruit

And sometimes if I really need a snack I will eat Brown rice crispies with 1% milk ( the same milk above ) and no sugar!
I will also snack on Baby spinach salad which i forgot to include.

Total Cals: 1775 /1650

This is my average day, Except the steak is replaced with Lean Chicken a lot of the times.
I also sometimes eat a sub @ subway once a week if I'm low on calories that day. I pick a healthier sub.

I just started this diet out a few days ago and I seem to be losing fat, however I havn't noticed and actual weight loss. I just look less fat.

I want to know if this looks like a healthy diet and if you could give some input it would be appreciated !

You might think I'm crazy for it, but I'd suggest lifting heavier with more raw intensity than you've ever done something in your life + eating three times those calories for 6-8 months or until you reached 200lbs.

you'd probably be 200@ 16-20%bf which would be a 15-25lb jump in lean body mass.

How tall are you? You're pretty light, unless you're below 5'10, so I'm assuming your lbm is pretty low. Lower than what you even think it is. That smells of raw gains to me.

Once you're a certain weight:fat ratio for your height alongside having lifted for about a year your caloric needs for the most part being so super high aren't necessary to facilitate gains, however if you are in the condition I think you are you'd benefit greatly from doing what I've said above.

Just to make it 100% sure, maybe take some photos for visual verification? it'd definitely help people assess your situation.

NZT
02-05-2013, 10:14 PM
I think your calories are to high. You have about 30 exceptions listed to that list you put up of snacks you "really need" and fast food. You dont see jay cutler eating out at subway, cause subway isnt the best way to get lean. I dont think this is quite a rock solid plan for becoming very lean and muscular. It's a hard task to accomplish even for those who diet and train diligently. But seeing as you didnt post your height or training regimen its impossible to gauge.

AlwaysTryin
02-05-2013, 11:10 PM
I think your calories are to high. You have about 30 exceptions listed to that list you put up of snacks you "really need" and fast food. You dont see jay cutler eating out at subway, cause subway isnt the best way to get lean. I dont think this is quite a rock solid plan for becoming very lean and muscular. It's a hard task to accomplish even for those who diet and train diligently. But seeing as you didnt post your height or training regimen its impossible to gauge.

Too high?