PDA

View Full Version : 30% bf, is six pack in 6 months possible with noob gains?

Rbdbld
02-03-2013, 08:42 PM
So I made a bet I'll have a six pack by August. More I lurk nutrition, less likely it seems.
Anyway, is it possible, considering noob gains?
I'm 27, 5'10, have 200 pounds. I think I have around 30% bodyfat, I did us army and visual measurement.
I've been tracking calories/macros since last week and have immense willpower.

If anybody has any ideas on how to accomplish this, please share.
I've got a bench press and some dumbbells at home.

My diet is 1g protein/pound lbm, 0.45g fat/pound lbm, everything else is carbs.
Brm is around 1900 * 1.56 modifier, 25% deficit, that's around 2200 kcal.

I could lower calories (very sedentary), skip cardio,
and lift a few times per week to not lose muscle mass.
Or maybe leave cals on 2200, and lift a lot, because noob gains?

KwayZee
02-03-2013, 08:45 PM
If you're coming from 30% body fat, it'll be pretty rough getting that "six pack" you want by August. You'll want to cut calories, lift, and do cardio. Lots of core engaging/ab engaging workouts would help a little bit as well. But being sedentary and lifting a few times per week will definitely not get you there by August.

Rbdbld
02-03-2013, 09:38 PM
Aha, thanks. I guess it's time to get crazy with workout. Repped.

necon76
02-03-2013, 09:41 PM
Get your diet in check, bust your ass, & find out.

ArchangelEST
02-03-2013, 10:13 PM
It isn't realistic. Besides even if you manage it, you will look like ****! If you are 30% BF at 200lb now, then that basically means you have very little muscle mass. Dieting hard for 6 months will keep it that way, meaning you will look like Justin Bieber by august. Not sure if having some sixpack outlines is worth it.

A much more realistic goal would be 20% BF with increased muscle mass. You won't be sporting no six-pack, but you'll at-least look like a man and have the strength of one.

pettlan
02-03-2013, 10:42 PM
Well, first of all you need to be able to measure out your muscle goals. You should rather focus on getting those calories from lean and healthy food sources, lift 5-6 days a week and include a few sessions of cardio as well. Eventually you will gain muscles and lose fat and get a much better body than cutting down fat without really having the basis for muscles

AlwaysTryin
02-03-2013, 11:43 PM
Well, first of all you need to be able to measure out your muscle goals. You should rather focus on getting those calories from lean and healthy food sources, lift 5-6 days a week and include a few sessions of cardio as well. Eventually you will gain muscles and lose fat and get a much better body than cutting down fat without really having the basis for muscles

Why "lean" sources

tomlaw91
02-04-2013, 01:14 AM
Why "lean" sources

There is no reason. Get your calories from any food, as long as you hit your deficit and macros. A calorie is a calorie, whether it comes from a quarter pounder or a salad

SuffolkPunch
02-04-2013, 01:24 AM
It isn't realistic. Besides even if you manage it, you will look like ****! If you are 30% BF at 200lb now, then that basically means you have very little muscle mass. Dieting hard for 6 months will keep it that way, meaning you will look like Justin Bieber by august. Not sure if having some sixpack outlines is worth it.

A much more realistic goal would be 20% BF with increased muscle mass. You won't be sporting no six-pack, but you'll at-least look like a man and have the strength of one.

OP - this is the advice you should be listening to

adamrochester
02-04-2013, 01:35 AM
yes 2 of my clients have done it in 24 weeks ! amazing changes if your dedicated anything is possible

AlwaysTryin
02-04-2013, 01:35 AM
There is no reason. Get your calories from any food, as long as you hit your deficit and macros. A calorie is a calorie, whether it comes from a quarter pounder or a salad

Thanks... But I didn't quote you

bobbydigitaloa
02-04-2013, 01:45 AM
yes 2 of my clients have done it in 24 weeks ! amazing changes if your dedicated anything is possible

Nice! Yes, I agree this is possible. Correct diet, cardio, weight training and a complete lifestyle change. How bad do you want it?

pettlan
02-04-2013, 03:01 AM
Why lean? Iīd go in a calorie deficit eating slow carbs, lean meat and healthy fats rather than eating a quarterpounder. There just isnīt any doubt that clean food is best for your body whether you want to bulk or cut. Eating mcdonalds food during your cut (yes, I know that the sticky thread under losing fat sections is made by this kind of guy) isnīt really good, it will just make you urge for it more the next day.

necon76
02-04-2013, 03:04 AM
it will just make you urge for it more the next day.

Rubbish.

pettlan
02-04-2013, 06:18 AM
Never eaten a burger without wanting another one? Get used to eating clean, it is low in calories and high in proteins, finished. If you want to eat a 300 calorie cheeseburger with 15 grams of protein instead of a can of tuna with 100 calories and 25 grams of protein, fine with me.

WonderPug
02-04-2013, 06:39 AM
Never eaten a burger without wanting another one? Get used to eating clean, it is low in calories and high in proteins, finished. If you want to eat a 300 calorie cheeseburger with 15 grams of protein instead of a can of tuna with 100 calories and 25 grams of protein, fine with me.Another "clean" food person who lacks even the most rudimentary understanding of nutrition.

Cheeseburgers are often made from beef, cheese and bread. These ingredients are fine to consume every single day within the context of a properly constructed diet.

Consuming tuna in the same quantities every single day has known, acute health risks.

Silvance1
02-04-2013, 06:43 AM
Maybe with noob gains you could still put on muscle mass in a deficit, but I dunno if it'd be enough to get a full six pack in 6 months.

Rbdbld
02-04-2013, 07:00 AM
Thank you all, I'm really motivated right now.
Please don't derail this thread into eating dirty/clean.

Yes, but that way I lose the bet. I only need good outlines, not the "six pack".

Nice! Yes, I agree this is possible. Correct diet, cardio, weight training and a complete lifestyle change. How bad do you want it?

Nice, could you two give me some rough plans for accomplishing this? How bad I want it?
Really bad, considering I've been changing my lifestyle so much. I'll do anything short of gear (I don't hate, though).

Any and all advices welcome. Keep posting everyone.

n0useforaname
02-04-2013, 07:03 AM
Anyway to the OP:

I guess it really depends on what you define as a six pack.. are we talking shredded six pack? Or just noticeable lines that look like a six pack? From my experience and a lot of reading, you are probably looking at 10 months until you hit 10%... IF you actually ARE 30%. It seems the average Joe will drop 1% every 2 weeks with a 1.5 pound a week deficit... I understand this is not true for everyone, but is a guideline that everyone I know went off of... and it was accurate for them and myself.

ironwill2008
02-04-2013, 07:06 AM

I'd like to hear it myself from both of you guys how an untrained noob with 30% body fat is going to have a six pack in six months.

Please be specific.

gixxer0.6g
02-04-2013, 07:11 AM
It comes off a whole lot faster than packing on muscle. I'm 4 weeks in on a 12 week cut coming from about 16-17%bf and the top of my abs are starting to show.

HunterCML
02-04-2013, 08:19 AM
You would have to be under 160lbs to see visible abs, and that's not really "6 pack" territory depending on muscle mass, maturity, genetics, etc.

So in 6 months, you would have to lose over 40lbs, while diet and weightlifting were on par day after day after day. This is *possibly* possible, however the way you will look and feel is going to be quite different than what you probably have in your head right now.

It's also possible that your genetics won't be there and visible abs just aren't in the cards for you regardless. I know a few bodybuilders who have to travel pretty low in bf% to see anything that resembles defined abs. Personally, I lost over 100lbs in 6 months before (extreme caloric restriction and thyroiditis) and I looked like a flabby bag of bones. Goodluck opie, may the genetics be ever in your favor.

gunabodybuild
02-04-2013, 08:25 AM
i'd like to hear it myself from both of you guys how an untrained noob with 30% body fat is going to have a six pack in six months.

please be specific.

dnp

racedoc
02-04-2013, 08:39 AM
So I made a bet I'll have a six pack by August. More I lurk nutrition, less likely it seems.
I'm 27, 5'10, have 200 pounds. I think I have around 30% bodyfat, I did us army and visual measurement.

Seems pretty difficult to drop that much BF that quickly without sacrificing your health and lean muscle mass. For most of us it's around 10% before abs are significantly visible (~12% in my case, the only genetic benefit I have). It is, however, a great goal - the biggest thing is not to be a rush and focus on the goal. You'll need to be in slight caloric deficit per day in order to lose the bodyfat. Sounds like you have some equipment at home, there are some great beginner programs for lifting here in the forums. Good luck!

WonderPug
02-04-2013, 08:55 AM
OP: Can you post a photo, as I question if your bF % is really that high.

tjwoody
02-04-2013, 08:57 AM
Every time I rush trying to get a 6 pack I fail and normally fail hard.

AlwaysTryin
02-04-2013, 10:04 AM
I'd like to hear it myself from both of you guys how an untrained noob with 30% body fat is going to have a six pack in six months.

Please be specific.

Celltech for his clients lol

JOSEF RAKICH
02-04-2013, 10:05 AM
6 months. Yes.

Brad805
02-04-2013, 10:11 AM
The challenge seems like a good idea to keep you going. I think it will be a trick to pull off at 18%+ BF drop myself, but the bet is on, so give it yer best shot. The last pounds fight much harder. You have a round stomach, so the odds are much better for you to achieve a six pack. Did you and your buddy talk about what was an ok set of abs for you to win? I mean faint outlines might happen, but if you want the bulging abs like some, well, that takes more than 6mo.

Best suggestion is keep good notes, and when you start to sputter re-visit and tweak the plan.

Pics in his bodyspace.

Good luck

Rbdbld
02-04-2013, 10:29 AM
6 months. Yes.

Nice, but how? Is this in your losing fat sticky?
I didn't get around to reading it yet, cause there are a lot of pages.

The challenge seems like a good idea to keep you going. I think it will be a trick to pull off at 18%+ BF drop myself, but the bet is on, so give it yer best shot. The last pounds fight much harder. You have a round stomach, so the odds are much better for you to achieve a six pack. Did you and your buddy talk about what was an ok set of abs for you to win? I mean faint outlines might happen, but if you want the bulging abs like some, well, that takes more than 6mo.

Best suggestion is keep good notes, and when you start to sputter re-visit and tweak the plan.

Pics in his bodyspace.

Good luck

Yea, not the bulging sixpack, just outlines have to be seen.
Aha, I can't post links, but photos are on bodyspace.

ArchangelEST
02-04-2013, 10:31 AM
It comes off a whole lot faster than packing on muscle. I'm 4 weeks in on a 12 week cut coming from about 16-17%bf and the top of my abs are starting to show.

To be fair, top abs start showing in the 15-17% BF range for most people. So in those 4 weeks you maybe only lost 1-2% of BF, which is nice progress - but you can see where I'm going at. :)

ironwill2008
02-04-2013, 10:43 AM
dnp

:eek:

gixxer0.6g
02-04-2013, 01:42 PM
To be fair, top abs start showing in the 15-17% BF range for most people. So in those 4 weeks you maybe only lost 1-2% of BF, which is nice progress - but you can see where I'm going at. :)

But there is no denying losing fat is much faster than gaining muscle. What I can do in 12 weeks cutting is much, much, much more noticeable than what I can do in 12 weeks of bulking.

pettlan
02-04-2013, 10:54 PM
Getting from 30% down to the percentage of abs shouldnīt be a problem, the issue is more about getting/maintaining muscles. Personally Iīm trying to cut down myself from 16% to about 8-10% and Iīve estimated around 5-6 months (obviously trying to add/maintain muscles during the period)

MarkVI
02-04-2013, 11:05 PM
6 months, absolutely, you'll be able to lose more than 2-3lbs of fat in the first stretch of your cut because of your BF.

Delgadido
02-04-2013, 11:37 PM
I am going to say no.

I was at like 30% bodyfat and i lost 50 lbs in 6 months.

this was on an accelerated weight loss and I did not reach a 6 pack
and i have a much higher TDEE than you

pettlan
02-05-2013, 01:07 AM
I am going to say no.

People are different and so are their bodies.

jd2967
02-05-2013, 01:08 AM
keto with focus on compounds and cardio five days a week and a ****load of stimulants

pettlan
02-05-2013, 01:15 AM
I am going to say no.

Not to mention the fact that you've barely had any progress from 2007-2011, that's 4 years - the time Zyzz used from bones and skin to become a beast. I highly respect anyone who strives for a change, but giving advices in the nutrition section when you had your big belly after 4 years of training is just wrong in my philosophy.

AlwaysTryin
02-05-2013, 01:38 AM
Not to mention the fact that you've barely had any progress from 2007-2011, that's 4 years - the time Zyzz used from bones and skin to become a beast. I highly respect anyone who strives for a change, but giving advices in the nutrition section when you had your big belly after 4 years of training is just wrong in my philosophy.

Lol using zyzz as an example

You telling the OP to inject every substance under the sun and use cutting drugs too?

ArchangelEST
02-05-2013, 01:45 AM

Zyzz was pathetic. The man probably used as much if not more drugs than current Mr. Olympia's but still looked like he barely lifted. Seriously, don't bring that name up as an example in any form or way, that's just ridiculous.

necon76
02-05-2013, 01:49 AM
Lol using zyzz as an example

You telling the OP to inject every substance under the sun and use cutting drugs too?

But but but aesthetics bro!

AlwaysTryin
02-05-2013, 01:52 AM
But but but aesthetics bro!

Yeah exactly

Need those aesthetics to die from too many drugs broooo

necon76
02-05-2013, 02:00 AM
Yeah exactly

Need those aesthetics to die from too many drugs broooo

Gotta look sick at the pearly gates cuz.

pettlan
02-05-2013, 03:22 AM
Zyzz was pathetic. The man probably used as much if not more drugs than current Mr. Olympia's but still looked like he barely lifted. Seriously, don't bring that name up as an example in any form or way, that's just ridiculous.

Doesn't really matter, Zyzz or not, doesn't change the fact that 4 years with no progress is useless.

AlwaysTryin
02-05-2013, 03:25 AM
Doesn't really matter, Zyzz or not, doesn't change the fact that 4 years with no progress is useless.

Your example was crap

necon76
02-05-2013, 03:31 AM

What are you even talking about? What 4 years? And who are you to criticise someone else's progress?

Basquiat
02-05-2013, 03:56 AM
WAnd who are you to criticise someone else's progress?

...and that while he uploaded no progress photos

n0useforaname
02-05-2013, 05:29 AM

Yeah, because maintenance is NOT allowed... by anyone. Everyone MUST cut or bulk ALL THE TIME....

...and that while he uploaded no progress photos

At his height and weight, I wouldn't want to upload pics of myself either...

pettlan
02-05-2013, 05:34 AM
Yeah, because maintenance is NOT allowed... by anyone. Everyone MUST cut or bulk ALL THE TIME....

At his height and weight, I wouldn't want to upload pics of myself either...

You win mr. Nazi

nickypecs
02-05-2013, 05:50 AM
You should also start, starting strength as a workout plan, with hiit cardio.

n0useforaname
02-05-2013, 06:51 AM
You win mr. Nazi

Not really sure how my post relates to being a Nazi...

Delgadido
02-05-2013, 08:12 AM
People are different and so are their bodies.
there is a theory of standard of maximum fat oxidation before other substances are used. Lyle Mcdonald has talked about it and according to most people with their experience it seems about right

Doesnt mean it its true and doesnt mean it is.

I didnt have aesthetic progress for 4 years.
2 of those years I was building up my strength
the other 2 an injury

Regardless my progress was in numbers. In little less than 2 years I went from living a sedentary lifestyle all my life as a gamer to deadlifting 500 lbs and db pressing 120 x 5.
Which for me as the fat kid in the back of the class that did nothing physical was a big accomplishment.
I was on my way cutting down when the injury occured

my progress became regression when I injured my back and lost motivation to go to the gym.
I have degenerative disc disease and couldnt deadlift or put spinal pressure 375+ lbs

why dont you get a life changing problem and tell me how you deal with it

dont compare me to zyzz. we have all genetic problems. my came out in degenerative disc disease, his came out in a different way.
he had his choices, sad what happened to him..

Delgadido
02-05-2013, 08:19 AM

Honestly there was no reason for me to gain that weight again.
Being demoralized is a very big problem. I was also studying my ass off for nursing school and wanted to make sure I had my future secured with something that I actually loved doing.
I dropped the weight so fast cause I didnt want to be a fat ass entering the medical profession regardless of what my coworkers look like

Madevilz
02-05-2013, 09:12 AM
Just remember to eat clen and tren hard OP.

Jasonw1178
02-05-2013, 09:19 AM
It can be done, but it's going to take a lot more than a workout program or taking a pill. It will take a massive dose of will power because it isn't easy. I have seen some massive transformations due to people basically getting 100% of their nutrition from all foods consumed to be out of a juicer for a couple of months.

pettlan
02-05-2013, 03:35 PM
Honestly there was no reason for me to gain that weight again.
Being demoralized is a very big problem. I was also studying my ass off for nursing school and wanted to make sure I had my future secured with something that I actually loved doing.
I dropped the weight so fast cause I didnt want to be a fat ass entering the medical profession regardless of what my coworkers look like

I made a mistake! As one of a few on the internet, I would like to apologize for my childish and stupid comments. I highly regret them after reading your answer and I hope you can forgive it :) As for the others here, Iīm new to the forum, so I hope you can forget about it as well.

MrZombieSteve
02-05-2013, 04:11 PM

Look up lyle mcdonald and read into his take on rapid fat loss. I don't guarantee you'll keep the lbm you'd retain doing it slowly but it works as he says.

UUicked
02-05-2013, 05:07 PM
I had to register to add a comment so please don't take what I have to say to heart. I'm very new to BB.com

We had a biggest loser at work, I went from 212 lbs down to 171 lbs in sixty days. I didn't even start the first two weeks of the competition because I was in Vegas. Cardio, Cardio, Cardio. If you can run for long periods of time that is the absolute best. I couldn't do that everyday so I opted for the elliptical. I would always do at least one hour on the elliptical trying to keep above 7mph and I would always do a one hour walk on my lunch break covering 3.5 miles. At least every other day I would get on the tread mill and do interval running, it made me sweat my butt off. Sixty seconds of running, ninety seconds of walking for about twenty minutes. My diet was the key. MyFitnessPal helped me track my calories. I would wake up and have one measured serving of raw oatmeal, NOT the instant, with water and some sort of fresh fruit sliced up in it. At 10 am I would keep my metabolism going with half a banana or a very few kernels of almonds. Over lunch I would walk while eating two kiwi's. At 2pm I would eat the other half of the banana. For dinner at five I would bake 6oz or skinless boneless chicken plain, 2 tbs. KC Masterpiece on the side, broccoli steamed with only pepper for seasoning, and a home made side salad. 1 tbs. of salad dressing on the side to dip your fork in. One small serving of cottage cheese and fruit after my workout or I would eat this during my 10/2 breaks at work and eat the banana after for the potassium.

Lost 40 pounds, went from obese at 5'10" to normal weight in six weeks. Not flabby thank God. I won't say you can do this but if you work hard and cardio cardio cardio, you can lose weight fast!

Rbdbld
02-06-2013, 06:48 PM
Just remember to eat clen and tren hard OP.

Hahaha, nice one.

Look up lyle mcdonald and read into his take on rapid fat loss. I don't guarantee you'll keep the lbm you'd retain doing it slowly but it works as he says.

I did, I hoped it was so bad that no one was gonna mention it.
I'm thinking about it, my plan is working though and I'm losing 2lbs+ per week.

I had to register to add a comment so please don't take what I have to say to heart. I'm very new to BB.com

We had a biggest loser at work, I went from 212 lbs down to 171 lbs in sixty days. I didn't even start the first two weeks of the competition because I was in Vegas. Cardio, Cardio, Cardio. If you can run for long periods of time that is the absolute best. I couldn't do that everyday so I opted for the elliptical. I would always do at least one hour on the elliptical trying to keep above 7mph and I would always do a one hour walk on my lunch break covering 3.5 miles. At least every other day I would get on the tread mill and do interval running, it made me sweat my butt off. Sixty seconds of running, ninety seconds of walking for about twenty minutes. My diet was the key. MyFitnessPal helped me track my calories. I would wake up and have one measured serving of raw oatmeal, NOT the instant, with water and some sort of fresh fruit sliced up in it. At 10 am I would keep my metabolism going with half a banana or a very few kernels of almonds. Over lunch I would walk while eating two kiwi's. At 2pm I would eat the other half of the banana. For dinner at five I would bake 6oz or skinless boneless chicken plain, 2 tbs. KC Masterpiece on the side, broccoli steamed with only pepper for seasoning, and a home made side salad. 1 tbs. of salad dressing on the side to dip your fork in. One small serving of cottage cheese and fruit after my workout or I would eat this during my 10/2 breaks at work and eat the banana after for the potassium.

Lost 40 pounds, went from obese at 5'10" to normal weight in six weeks. Not flabby thank God. I won't say you can do this but if you work hard and cardio cardio cardio, you can lose weight fast!

Nice, thanks for sharing.

I am going to say no.

Good job, I'm gonna lose a little less, and get that sixpack though.

I'm on pace, 2lbs+ per week, going strong, feeling very motivated.
Thanks for support everyone.

Hey, can someone tell what my bodyfat is?

Tdiguy
02-06-2013, 06:57 PM
you lack the muscle mass to have a even REMOTE chance of having abs....let alone a 6 pack when you cut down....at that high of bf% (yes i seen the pics) and your height and weight you will be 110lbs before you start to see abs...thats even if you have the muscles at all.

Delgadido
02-06-2013, 07:24 PM
you lack the muscle mass to have a even REMOTE chance of having abs....let alone a 6 pack when you cut down....at that high of bf% (yes i seen the pics) and your height and weight you will be 110lbs before you start to see abs...thats even if you have the muscles at all.
i think 110 is a bit extreme.
op you do look liek you are at 30%+ bodyfat for sure.
aim for 2 lbs per week. that is a good number for you without too much suffering.

but start measuring weight loss after the first week.
this is due to water weight loss glycogen, sodium, and food in your stomach still(or gi tract, w/e you wanna say)

So after your first week we are going to call that your baseline weight.

Tdiguy
02-06-2013, 07:27 PM
i think 110 is a bit extreme.
op you do look liek you are at 30%+ bodyfat for sure.
aim for 2 lbs per week. that is a good number for you without too much suffering.

but start measuring weight loss after the first week.
this is due to water weight loss glycogen, sodium, and food in your stomach still(or gi tract, w/e you wanna say)

So after your first week we are going to call that your baseline weight.
I dont, i dont see more then 110-115lbs of lean mass

Delgadido
02-06-2013, 07:29 PM
I dont, i dont see more then 110-115lbs of lean mass

anywhere above 25% bf it is extremely hard to tell about what their bf% is and how much weight they actually have to lose.

Rbdbld
02-06-2013, 07:31 PM

Yea, I should say abs, six pack is misleading, I just need a few lines. If I have two good crossing lines through my abs, it's ok.

Tdiguy
02-06-2013, 07:34 PM
anywhere above 25% bf it is extremely hard to tell about what their bf% is and how much weight they actually have to lose.Well i started off more weight, less bf% and near the same height i have maybe 130lbs lean mass....The lack of muscle is not hard to see, no traps. arms ect...most the weight is in the gut which isnt equaling muscle. Im not being rude its more like harsh reality that trying to get abs at this stage will not happen, cutting to 12% then bulking is a better goal.

Delgadido
02-06-2013, 07:47 PM
as poor advice as this is, take celltech and cut calories dramatically.

youll build lean mass while dropping extreme weight.

But yet again, this is "illegal" and has serious "health concerns"....

the hell are you talking about?

if you are talking about what thell i think you are talking about you need to gtfo. this isnt the misc

Tdiguy
02-06-2013, 07:49 PM

if you are talking about what thell i think you are talking about you need to gtfo. this isnt the miscagree!!!!

AlwaysTryin
02-06-2013, 08:01 PM

if you are talking about what thell i think you are talking about you need to gtfo. this isnt the misc

Everyone knows what celltech means

DaBubzy
02-06-2013, 08:08 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-RER43Cc66_8/TZ8Bu5765EI/AAAAAAAATrw/UM7MELprmgU/s400/celltech2.jpg

**** chea OP

HelpxMe
02-06-2013, 08:35 PM
how much is the bet for? and do we get a cut? ;)

HelpxMe
02-06-2013, 08:36 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-RER43Cc66_8/TZ8Bu5765EI/AAAAAAAATrw/UM7MELprmgU/s400/celltech2.jpg

**** chea OP

oh ****, free tshirt inside.

Rbdbld
02-06-2013, 08:51 PM
as poor advice as this is, take celltech and cut calories dramatically.

youll build lean mass while dropping extreme weight.

But yet again, this is "illegal" and has serious "health concerns"....

Yea, I'm gonna ask my heroin guy about that. :)
All kidding aside, nah, I'm not gonna take it, I just started lifting.

how much is the bet for? and do we get a cut? ;)
Like 500$. No you don't get a cut, you all get a free workout plan and tips from the guy that made it fast, hehe.

BronyBrah
02-06-2013, 09:13 PM
Yea, I'm gonna ask my heroin guy about that. :)
All kidding aside, nah, I'm not gonna take it, I just started lifting.

Like 500$. No you don't get a cut, you all get a free workout plan and tips from the guy that made it fast, hehe.

take it now youre androgen receptors are thirsty for it. but dont be a pussy and take my advice..
you can cut traditionally and diet, but have fun looking like a lil skinnyphat queer by the end with no abs or muscle.
it seems like you live in russia as well, so celltech should be around every corner

JaredPunch
02-06-2013, 11:48 PM
It isn't realistic. Besides even if you manage it, you will look like ****! If you are 30% BF at 200lb now, then that basically means you have very little muscle mass

not true, 140 pounds of lean body mass is not that little and there isn't such a thing as an obese person with little muscles, it's just plain impossible, the body builds muscles just by having to carry for weight. All obese people are decently muscular once they lose the fat.

And for someone 30% BF looking even like Justin Bieber who is dating the best beautiful model ever and almost every beautiful chick on the planet dig, would be like a dream, compared to 20% BF with increase muscle mass that just looks like a shapeless mass or "50 pounds of crap in a 25-pound sack" as TC would say.

He would still look better at 12% with his current amount of mass than at 20% BF, then he can start bulking serious and actually seeing the results of his bulk, the muscles being sculpted as he looks in the mirror. At 20% BF you don't see the muscles growing, you just see the fat expanding, you look larger but soft and bloated not even slightly muscular. Zach the Rippetoe guy who gained 70 pounds on SS and is 23% BF doesn't even look like he lifts.

JaredPunch
02-07-2013, 12:07 AM

If he is 30% body fat it means that he has 140 pounds of lean body mass
This means that at 10% body fat with visible abdominal muscles he will be 155
A friend of mine is 19, 5.7 and 136 pounds, didn't touch a weight in his life and still has abs.
Of course outside the standards of bodybuilding but this belief that you must have a lot of extra muscles in order to see muscles at a low BF% is overblown.

http://i45.tinypic.com/b7dfld.png

Or this guy, weighing just 126 pounds at 5.5 after a cut on LG
http://i47.tinypic.com/2elb7dk.jpg

And say what you want, but someone used to be 30% BF would rather look like my friend (before bulking) than ending up looking like this:
242 lbs and 23% BF

http://startingstrength.com/images/100301_front.jpg

AlwaysTryin
02-07-2013, 12:40 AM
^^ lol at the skinny kids

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/abs-on-a-skinny-guy-is-like-tits-on-a-fat-girl.jpg

JaredPunch
02-07-2013, 01:03 AM

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/abs-on-a-skinny-guy-is-like-tits-on-a-fat-girl.jpg

Maybe, still the most beautiful chicks dig him, while no male would want an obese girl with big tits
In fact, muscles on a fat guy are even more like tits on a fat girl, they don't matter.
And of course being somewhat skinny is just a stage before a bulk, still better than becoming a shapeless mass of lard waiting to cut
Also, considering that 98% of the males in this planet don't lift weights and never will, what would you suggest to someone like my
friend? To gain fat covering the abs just to weight a bit more and look bigger?
As TC said "So in lieu of muscle size, many settle for fat size and convince themselves that it's the same thing."
So I wouldn't laugh at people like my friend who don't lift and still look decent, because they're doing right for someone who doesn't lift weights, they would be worse if they chose to be fatter just to look larger.

necon76
02-07-2013, 01:15 AM
Maybe, still the most beautiful chicks dig him, while no male would want an obese girl with big tits
In fact, muscles on a fat guy are even more like tits on a fat girl, they don't matter.
And of course being somewhat skinny is just a stage before a bulk, still better than becoming a shapeless mass of lard waiting to cut
Also, considering that 98% of the males in this planet don't lift weights and never will, what would you suggest to someone like my
friend? To gain fat covering the abs just to weight a bit more and look bigger?
As TC said "So in lieu of muscle size, many settle for fat size and convince themselves that it's the same thing."
So I wouldn't laugh at people like my friend who don't lift and still look decent, because they're doing right for someone who doesn't lift weights, they would be worse if they chose to be fatter just to look larger.

There's nothing impressive about looking like you'd blow away in a stiff breeze. (Despite what 16 year old Bieber fans may think).

JaredPunch
02-07-2013, 01:21 AM
There's nothing impressive about looking like you'd blow away in a stiff breeze. (Despite what 16 year old Bieber fans may think).

When you're 30% BF and just want to look decent, you don't want to look impressive, you just want to look a bit better while working on looking more impressive. Still better being that lean and small and then jumping on a bulk than being a fat ass with some muscles

bobbydigitaloa
02-07-2013, 01:23 AM
Get your diet in check, bust your ass, & find out.

This. It's is possible...I did it. Not from 30 but from 23ish...to about 8ish I'm that time frame. You could see abs at 10%

Rbdbld
02-07-2013, 07:56 AM
This. It's is possible...I did it. Not from 30 but from 23ish...to about 8ish I'm that time frame. You could see abs at 10%

Props, good job.

Jasonw1178
02-07-2013, 04:20 PM

Awww, what a cute couple. :D No really, reminds me of a couple I know. I had to delete them off my FB because she's about every pound of 300lbs and she was always posting pics of herself trying to show off her boobs, but her stomach comes out further, but she just angles the camera. What's worse is she is always posting pics of her husband with his shirt pulled up because he has a six pack, but it's because he has about 2% bodyfat probably from doing drugs or whatever because he has hardly any muscle at all. I see it a lot, I call it the Meth Build.

AlwaysTryin
02-07-2013, 05:26 PM
Awww, what a cute couple. :D No really, reminds me of a couple I know. I had to delete them off my FB because she's about every pound of 300lbs and she was always posting pics of herself trying to show off her boobs, but her stomach comes out further, but she just angles the camera. What's worse is she is always posting pics of her husband with his shirt pulled up because he has a six pack, but it's because he has about 2% bodyfat probably from doing drugs or whatever because he has hardly any muscle at all. I see it a lot, I call it the Meth Build.

Yes...2% bodyfat...

UnsafeAtAnySpd
02-07-2013, 07:38 PM
I'm just curious why if you have such incredible willpower that you mentioned, why you're in this position in the first place?

Rbdbld
02-08-2013, 09:52 AM
I'm just curious why if you have such incredible willpower that you mentioned, why you're in this position in the first place?

I had a different plan for winning, make money (from sitting in chair at home), disregard aesthetics, females and social life.
Turned out: little money, very high bp, shutin/hermit.

Now aesthetics are my first concern in life. You'll be 'mirin soon, bros.

tjwoody
02-08-2013, 06:24 PM
looking at your pics id lift heavy do some cardio and eat around maint. I think leangains protocol may work well for you, higher cals on weights days cycle down some on off/cardio only days.

Hahaha, nice one.

I did, I hoped it was so bad that no one was gonna mention it.
I'm thinking about it, my plan is working though and I'm losing 2lbs+ per week.

Nice, thanks for sharing.

Good job, I'm gonna lose a little less, and get that sixpack though.

I'm on pace, 2lbs+ per week, going strong, feeling very motivated.
Thanks for support everyone.

Hey, can someone tell what my bodyfat is?

Rbdbld
04-28-2013, 05:17 PM
UPDATE: Went with psmf since 14th March, no refeeds, no cheat days.
I've got 3 months left for the bet, I think I'm gonna make it. Your thoughts?

I figure I've got around 10% of bf to lose, and it's supposed to get harder now since I've got less bf%.
Does that mean I'll be losing slightly more lbm? What's the possibility I end up skinny fat with no six pack?
Measlies for replies.

Left pic is 3 months ago, right pic is today. Went from 201lbs to 175lbs, probably lost around 10% bf.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5685651&d=1367178633

tden99
04-28-2013, 05:25 PM
honestly I don't think its possible, you are easily 20+ and extremes like PSMF can often times have poor consequences if done improperly (especially as a noob).
Its good progress but continual loss of 2lbs a weeks will not occur without significant LBM loss (which you don't have a lot of to begin with)
Even at that same rate and getting down to 150, its improbable that you will have a six pack

8ball1621
04-28-2013, 05:44 PM
Why "lean" sources

Because if its not lean than it has alot of fat, and you dont want alot of fat. Of you are trying to lose weight and build muscle than it has to be Lean to cut down the amount of fat you eat during your day.

psychodiver9
04-28-2013, 06:22 PM
Because if its not lean than it has alot of fat, and you dont want alot of fat. Of you are trying to lose weight and build muscle than it has to be Lean to cut down the amount of fat you eat during your day.

Lol

Rbdbld
04-28-2013, 07:08 PM
honestly I don't think its possible, you are easily 20+ and extremes like PSMF can often times have poor consequences if done improperly (especially as a noob).
Its good progress but continual loss of 2lbs a weeks will not occur without significant LBM loss (which you don't have a lot of to begin with)
Even at that same rate and getting down to 150, its improbable that you will have a six pack

Thanks, repped. It's continual loss of 3.7 a week, didn't lose any weight until I started psmf 45 days ago.
Losing slowed down a little a week ago, but then I started caffeine and cardio and now I'm still going very strong (maybe even stronger), so I'm suspicious.

Rbdbld
05-22-2013, 12:01 AM
Update:

first two months I was lazy and miscalculated
second two months went on psmf and dropped 43 pounds
last two months remaining (71 days till deadline)

Am I below 20% bf? I wrote 22%, but that's just guessing.
I think it's more 18-20%. Lighting is bad in photos, but in the mirror I can see some separation in my upper abs when I flex.

Will I make it?

Measlies for everyone.

relaxed
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5773361&stc=1&d=1369175337
side
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5773381&stc=1&d=1369175347
flexed
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5773391&stc=1&d=1369175357

SuffolkPunch
05-22-2013, 12:08 AM
You are damaging yourself with PSMF. I bet half of that weight loss was lean mass. PSMF is intended for obese people.

Every account I've read of someone reaching low BF to have a nice physique has two things in common:
- they spent several years building some underlying muscle first
- they lost weight slowly - very slowly towards the end.

If you EVER get abs, it will likely be at 120-130lbs "concentration camp" abs. Or maybe they will be so flat and atrophied that you will never see them.

Rbdbld
05-22-2013, 12:26 AM
You are damaging yourself with PSMF. I bet half of that weight loss was lean mass. PSMF is intended for obese people.

Every account I've read of someone reaching low BF to have a nice physique has two things in common:
- they spent several years building some underlying muscle first
- they lost weight slowly - very slowly towards the end.

If you EVER get abs, it will likely be at 120-130lbs "concentration camp" abs. Or maybe they will be so flat and atrophied that you will never see them.

Thanks, repped. I was very obese when I started with it. Lost some lbm too, but honestly, I'm lifting the same weight as I was 6 months ago.
Hopefully I don't get auschwitz abs.

AlwaysTryin
05-22-2013, 01:09 AM
Thanks, repped. I was very obese when I started with it. Lost some lbm too, but honestly, I'm lifting the same weight as I was 6 months ago.
Hopefully I don't get auschwitz abs.

Have you looked at your stats? It's what is going to happen

Kiwibacon
02-02-2014, 10:06 AM
I made the same bet this time last year. went from 140kg - 110kg now. and im still ages away. maybe 5 more kg i think and i will be 15%. I think im prob around 17-18% bf atm. Its a really hard road

AlwaysTryin
02-02-2014, 11:40 AM
I made the same bet this time last year. went from 140kg - 110kg now. nd im still ages away. maybe 5 more kg i think and i will be 15%. I think im prob around 17-18% bf atm. Its a really hard road

The thread is 8 months old. Why bump it?