PDA

View Full Version : Did you guys know LeBron is not making max money while being a max player?

Future24
02-01-2013, 02:59 PM
Because he wants to make sure you know that.

"I have not had a full max deal yet in my career -- that's a story untold," James said.
m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=8905486

ant1lg
02-01-2013, 03:02 PM
Ok.

But would he be a max player if he was making money?

Masstastic
02-01-2013, 03:02 PM
He is right.

LeBron sacrificed extra millions over the course of his deal so the Heat could stupidly resign Joel Anthony.

AlliWantisLulz
02-01-2013, 03:03 PM
I knew that, amazing though he put winning over money

great player and a great guy

what other superstar would take less than the max to win?

bosh and wade are also making less than the max

ChrisPaulfor40
02-01-2013, 03:07 PM
u forgot to quote him on how he'd be making much closer to what he's worth if it wasn't for collective bargaining.

brb a-rod money if not more.

flexnation
02-01-2013, 03:10 PM

bosh and wade are also making less than the maxthis. I cant even think of another player who would do that while entering his Prime.
I wouldnt give Bosh a max deal though. IMO he aint a max level guy. Even back in his Toronto days.

Masstastic
02-01-2013, 03:12 PM

None.

LeBron could've took an old Max contract under the CBA and got 5 Years, $126 Million

Thats one of the reasons why the lockout occured once owners found out players would actually get together, decide to take cheaper deals than they could get elsewhere, & balance out their losses with endorsement opportunities created by being a "Super Team" in a major NBA media market.

So now you have to leave $15-20 Million on the table to do it if you leave your current team.

ChrisPaulfor40
02-01-2013, 03:13 PM
this. I cant even think of another player who would do that while entering his Prime.
I wouldnt give Bosh a max deal though. IMO he aint a max level guy. Even back in his Toronto days.
he's worth a max deal for bidding reasons only.

if he was on the open market next summer...some team would run his price up there to get him away from Miami

Masstastic
02-01-2013, 03:16 PM
u forgot to quote him on how he'd be making much closer to what he's worth if it wasn't for collective bargaining.

brb a-rod money if not more.
Truth.

His value as a superstar player & growing international figure makes him much more valuable than the $17 Million he earns from Miami under his contract.

Thats why I dont complain about Kobe making $30 Million. Even Jerry Buss knows Kobe is worth more to the franchise.

bben147a
02-01-2013, 03:18 PM
Alex Rodriguez did the same thing in Baseball in like 2000, not a big deal.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...

****k alex

GPx
02-01-2013, 03:43 PM
Glad he's letting us know that he's underpaid.

Justang
02-01-2013, 03:48 PM
So a player low balls his value so he can team up with another bunch of superstars to win some championships, as he wasn't surrounded with talent all around in cleveland. I respect Lebrons game but seriously I don't see how misc minds work regarding calling Lebron the GOAT and all that nonsense. Shoulda tryed for 10 years and won a championship like Kobe did twice, with no HOF on his team.

Mattkempfor40
02-01-2013, 05:27 PM
Glad he's letting us know that he's underpaid.

Can't win with you.

He could say the sky is blue and you'd hate on it.

Joshuafireball
02-01-2013, 05:30 PM
Can't get max contract if you ain't a top tier player. When did we ever have a role player with max contract.

YesWayNoWeigh
02-01-2013, 05:42 PM
He makes enough money with nike though

SompletelyCober
02-01-2013, 06:24 PM
Can't get max contract if you ain't a top tier player. When did we ever have a role player with max contract.

We have one on the Heat right now.

His name is Rashard Lewis.

GPx
02-01-2013, 06:25 PM
Can't win with you.

He could say the sky is blue and you'd hate on it.

Sorry I don't understand why he wants recognition for taking less money. Everyone knew he did it to join the Heat. If he wanted a max contract he could have had one.

Not like it matters, with endorsements he makes more than just about any other max player.

brianphi
02-01-2013, 09:10 PM
He's getting a max Nike deal though OP

ShweezyBTFO
02-01-2013, 09:36 PM
We have one on the Heat right now.

His name is Rashard Lewis.

Lasers1
02-01-2013, 09:37 PM
This guy wants to play on a team of superstars AND get paid the max while he's at it. Can't have both.

ChrisPaulfor40
02-01-2013, 09:42 PM
This guy wants to play on a team of superstars AND get paid the max while he's at it. Can't have both.
that's not what he's talking about directly

"What I do on the floor shows my value. At the end of the day, I don't think my value on the floor can really be compensated for, anyways, because of the (collective bargaining agreement)," James said Friday ahead of the Miami Heat's game against the Pacers (7 p.m. ET, ESPN) in Indianapolis.

"If you want the truth. If this was baseball, it'd be up, I mean way up there."
There is no salary cap in Major League Baseball. James, who took a pay cut to sign with the Heat in 2010, is making $17.5 million this season, tied for 13th-highest in the NBA. The Los Angeles Lakers' Kobe Bryant is first at $27.8 million.

he's saying he took the pay cut and it doesn't matter because the max deal doesn't adequately compensate him for his worth anyway.

let's be real here.
Amare Stoudamire and Joe Johnson have max deals.
anyone that thinks those players are worth LBJ money is out of their mind.

carlos71786
02-01-2013, 09:44 PM
no taxes in florida. evens out.

Lasers1
02-01-2013, 09:50 PM
that's not what he's talking about directly

"What I do on the floor shows my value. At the end of the day, I don't think my value on the floor can really be compensated for, anyways, because of the (collective bargaining agreement)," James said Friday ahead of the Miami Heat's game against the Pacers (7 p.m. ET, ESPN) in Indianapolis.

"If you want the truth. If this was baseball, it'd be up, I mean way up there."
There is no salary cap in Major League Baseball. James, who took a pay cut to sign with the Heat in 2010, is making $17.5 million this season, tied for 13th-highest in the NBA. The Los Angeles Lakers' Kobe Bryant is first at $27.8 million.

he's saying he took the pay cut and it doesn't matter because the max deal doesn't adequately compensate him for his worth anyway.

let's be real here.
Amare Stoudamire and Joe Johnson have max deals.
anyone that thinks those players are worth LBJ money is out of their mind.

I agree that their shouldn't be a "max" on how much teams wanna pay for 1 guy. If they're dumb enough to pay one guy $50 mill, let them

Also, if LBJ made the max, he wouldn't have a ring right now, so idk why he's complaining

ChrisPaulfor40
02-01-2013, 10:08 PM
I agree that their shouldn't be a "max" on how much teams wanna pay for 1 guy. If they're dumb enough to pay one guy $50 mill, let them

Also, if LBJ made the max, he wouldn't have a ring right now, so idk why he's complaining
but there's two things.

there's a max he could make....which he's not complaining about in the article...it was his choice to do that to win.

and then there's his actual worth.
which he's incapable of receiving because of collective bargaining.
that's easily something to complain about....hell, that's the life of a normal working American imo.

just sucks cuz nobody wants to hear a millionaire say they're being short changed.
but he really is.

LeBron and Kobe should be near billionaires when they retire....but they won't be.

gswarrior510
02-01-2013, 10:16 PM
oh my god, i feel so bad for him :'( 60 million a year is not enough for the chosen 1? baaawwwww

ChrisPaulfor40
02-01-2013, 10:22 PM
oh my god, i feel so bad for him :'( 60 million a year is not enough for the chosen 1? baaawwwww
would 60 mill be enough for you if you were worth 100 mill a year?

spare the insults and name calling.
it's a yes or no question.

cubsfan2154
02-01-2013, 10:24 PM
Thanks Stewart Scott

Lakersbake
02-01-2013, 10:26 PM
but there's two things.

there's a max he could make....which he's not complaining about in the article...it was his choice to do that to win.

and then there's his actual worth.
which he's incapable of receiving because of collective bargaining.
that's easily something to complain about....hell, that's the life of a normal working American imo.

just sucks cuz nobody wants to hear a millionaire say they're being short changed.
but he really is.

LeBron and Kobe should be near billionaires when they retire....but they won't be.

post was going great until you went potato

1800_Cool_Guy
02-01-2013, 10:31 PM
Nice of lebro. Im sure his nike deal is worth more than his entire roster combined.

bodybuilder89
02-01-2013, 10:39 PM
Are him and kobe competing on who can be a bigger tool lately? It's like they are trying so hard to be like Michael they even need to copy his arrogance.

You made 90mill before you even stepped on an NBA court you should STFU.

Lebron is a fuking idiot talkin about like he knows something about how the market works. If you think you can make more money playing somewhere else or doing something else than DO IT...oh wait you have no other skill other than putting a ball through a hoop.

bodybuilder89
02-01-2013, 10:45 PM
would 60 mill be enough for you if you were worth 100 mill a year?

spare the insults and name calling.
it's a yes or no question.
what the hell do you mean "worth". He signed that contract if he thinks he could have gotten more elsewhere he should have, if not then he should STFU and stop complaining. Nobody is forcing him to play a kids game for millions of dollars.

ChrisPaulfor40
02-01-2013, 10:49 PM
post was going great until you went potato
http://www.therichest.org/celebnetworth/athletes/nba/lebron-james-net-worth/

$110 million

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-athletes/nba/kobe-bryant-net-worth/

$200 million

explain how i went full potato.
if they got their full worth they'd easily be in the $500 million+ range.

Lakersbake
02-01-2013, 10:50 PM
http://www.therichest.org/celebnetworth/athletes/nba/lebron-james-net-worth/

$110 million

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-athletes/nba/kobe-bryant-net-worth/

$200 million

explain how i went full potato.
if they got their full worth they'd easily be in the $500 million+ range.

Most of that is from endorsements. This thread is about NBA contracts.

ChrisPaulfor40
02-01-2013, 10:51 PM
what the hell do you mean "worth". He signed that contract if he thinks he could have gotten more elsewhere he should have, if not then he should STFU and stop complaining. Nobody is forcing him to play a kids game for millions of dollars.
collective bargaining sets an artificial limit on how much a player can make.

lebron is worth more to the franchise he plays for than the money he makes or a max deal can pay him.
if that's too hard to understand....i dunno.

ChrisPaulfor40
02-01-2013, 10:57 PM
Most of that is from endorsements. This thread is about NBA contracts.
let's establish something here. I said they should be near billionaires when they retire...not that all of that money would be NBA money...but that if they got paid what they were really worth plus endorsements they would be there.

just to be clear.

kobe bryant contracts in the NBA are:
a rookie deal.
a 6 year 70 million dollar deal
a 7 year 136 million dollar deal.
a 3 year 83 million dollar deal.

$292 million before taxes (someone check my math).
i believe he is and was worth more than that to the Lakers.
then add endorsements.

he should be a nearly a billionaire if he got his real worth from the Lakers.

bodybuilder89
02-01-2013, 10:59 PM
collective bargaining sets an artificial limit on how much a player can make.

lebron is worth more to the franchise he plays for than the money he makes or a max deal can pay him.
if that's too hard to understand....i dunno.
Why doesn't he quit and go find a new job where he can make how much hes "worth". Why doesn't he go play in Europe if he thinks he can make more money. Fact is he has no right to complain, nobody is forcing him to play a kids game for a living.

ChrisPaulfor40
02-01-2013, 11:05 PM
Why doesn't he quit and go find a new job where he can make how much hes "worth". Why doesn't he go play in Europe if he thinks he can make more money. Fact is he has no right to complain, nobody is forcing him to play a kids game for a living.

1st Amendment

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/22/eddiemurphyyesnodapprov.gif

Darknightbegins
02-01-2013, 11:07 PM
No State Income Tax plus endoresement deals...

King of Phaggots

bodybuilder89
02-01-2013, 11:09 PM
1st Amendment

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media /22/eddiemurphyyesnodapprov.gifstrong response

not srs

Natty23
02-02-2013, 12:05 AM
So a player low balls his value so he can team up with another bunch of superstars to win some championships, as he wasn't surrounded with talent all around in cleveland. I respect Lebrons game but seriously I don't see how misc minds work regarding calling Lebron the GOAT and all that nonsense. Shoulda tryed for 10 years and won a championship like Kobe did twice, with no HOF on his team.

LOL. Pau wont be a HOF'er?

thedodger
02-02-2013, 12:21 AM
Lebron is not making max money because he is a crybaby and a max phaggot...

srs

erdons
02-02-2013, 12:39 AM
You can bet the Lakers will throw top tier money at him next summer....

Addthefun123123
02-02-2013, 12:44 AM
he was like the 5th highest paid athlete last year with like $50 million

edit: source http://www.forbes.com/pictures/mli45igdi/4-lebron-james/

4th highest paid and got $53 million

that's not underpaid

yungbreezy
02-02-2013, 02:24 AM
We supposed to be impressed that he didn't take a max deal so he could take the pussy way out and join two other max deal level players?
Lol @ people who try to rate this guy, he's a second option level player who has been marketed by the NBA as a Superstar.
Take away the obvious special treatment and bail outs from the refs and the influence from Stern and he's Andre Iguodala (srs)

edit: forgot to mention, he's Iggy without the defense obviously.

NJLife
02-02-2013, 06:51 AM

the problem is you dont take everything into account. you think he is complaining because you obviously hate him. yet fail to realize he was asked questions and then answered them. but he is complaining..

dasfeuer
02-02-2013, 06:56 AM

Dirk and Pierce

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/chris_mannix/07/05/pierce.nowitzki.free.agency/index.html?mobile=no