PDA

View Full Version : Eating right

WillTheLaxBro99
01-31-2013, 07:43 PM
Hey guys
I've been lifting since August and wanted to have gained a good amount of weight in march bc lacrosse starts in march. I'm in 8th grade and am playing varsity so I need to be much stronger to compete with guys 4 years older than me. I haven't seen the gains that I wanted to, actually very little gains at all, and its frustrating spending an hour a day for 4-5 days a week and seeing nothing from it. I realized that having a protein shake before and after the gym will only do so much and I need to get my nutrition in check. It's very difficult for me to eat right because I'm in 8th grade and I eat pretty much whatever mom cooks. Can you guys help me out with what I can eat for breakfast lunch and dinner that's usually around the house? I know people stress tuna all the time but what else can I have?
Thanks so much guys
Will

TurkeyBacon
01-31-2013, 08:01 PM
Hey guys
I've been lifting since August and wanted to have gained a good amount of weight in march bc lacrosse starts in march. I'm in 8th grade and am playing varsity so I need to be much stronger to compete with guys 4 years older than me. I haven't seen the gains that I wanted to, actually very little gains at all, and its frustrating spending an hour a day for 4-5 days a week and seeing nothing from it. I realized that having a protein shake before and after the gym will only do so much and I need to get my nutrition in check. It's very difficult for me to eat right because I'm in 8th grade and I eat pretty much whatever mom cooks. Can you guys help me out with what I can eat for breakfast lunch and dinner that's usually around the house? I know people stress tuna all the time but what else can I have?
Thanks so much guys
Will

Eat what your mom makes, then eat more, and more and lift. but honestly 8th grade ur like 13? IMO little young to be working out, but each their own.

LiftCrispy
01-31-2013, 08:08 PM
At your age your body is still growing naturally so just eat MORE. you dont need to worry to much about specific nutrients or food groups, but if you are looking to add protein eat more nuts, any meats, greek yougart (or any dairy products really).

If your not seeing much gains lifting 4-5 days a week for an hour, its just telling me that you arent getting enough calories to grow, therefore you should just take in a few more. if you do want to increase you protein just eat a bigger portion of meat when you do eat it (ie more slices of ham on your sandwhich for lunch or bigger bits of meat for dinner, bacon for breakfast perhaps)!

WillTheLaxBro99
01-31-2013, 08:42 PM
Eat what your mom makes, then eat more, and more and lift. but honestly 8th grade ur like 13? IMO little young to be working out, but each their own.

I'm big for my age though lol I'm 6"0 as an 8th grader so I was told lifting is okay.