PDA

View Full Version : I have a 1 v 1 pickup bball game tommorrow, what do?

BradyBConner
01-30-2013, 12:21 PM
I don't feel giving up 20$.

He's 2 inches taller and has a good 30lbs on me + faster.

I have better handles, more moves and a better shot.

How do I make this a sure deal? I know my Rondo (GOAT) senses will probably kick in while i'm playing but just in case...

feardafronfz3
01-30-2013, 12:23 PM
enter LCTW mode

http://i54.tinypic.com/5k3b42.jpg

ajn
01-30-2013, 12:25 PM
best way to throw people off in 1vs1 is defense. get in his grill and force him to his off hand every time.

when you have the ball don't just rush into your moves. have a fake/counter for everything you want to do, keep him guessing.

DFINC
01-30-2013, 12:25 PM
How's his shot?

L0lJ0ker3
01-30-2013, 12:29 PM
Brah brah brah in order for you to win you gotta drop your Rondo senses and get dem White Mamba senses going. Don't you know he's the real GOAT.

But yea Defense. Hope you have stamina.

BradyBConner
01-30-2013, 12:29 PM
How's his shot?

Terrible. Probably shoots 35% from mid range (without defense)

TaeBoNinja
01-30-2013, 12:32 PM
Shoot the 3 ball, and rush after every rebound.

benefits:
-you score more when you make it
-it negates his height advantage
-you can see where the rebound is going faster than he can on misses

Defensively, try to harass his dribble, and make him take jumpers

DFINC
01-30-2013, 12:34 PM
Terrible. Probably shoots 35% from mid range (without defense)

lmao..play off his ass then. if you really got a good shot, put a right to left, hesitate forward and shoot. mix it up with a few drives, he'll be clueless

sdballer5588
01-30-2013, 12:34 PM
Forfeit.

FGCHENG
01-30-2013, 12:37 PM
Definitely use your speed to your advantage every possession. Pride > $20 unless you're dirt poor.

Edit: just read he is bigger AND FASTER than you. You won't be getting any rebounds, you're screwed sorry brah

unless you're on dat Kobe system

GPx
01-30-2013, 12:39 PM
Play tough defense and kill his dribble before he gets into the paint.

You'll have to out hustle him on both ends to win.

socrates07
01-30-2013, 12:40 PM
so he's bigger stronger and faster ? Wow

shot fakes, dead srs

BradyBConner
01-30-2013, 12:48 PM
best way to throw people off in 1vs1 is defense. get in his grill and force him to his off hand every time.

when you have the ball don't just rush into your moves. have a fake/counter for everything you want to do, keep him guessing.

Will defend. Dunno about fakes though, this guy rarely bites.

Brah brah brah in order for you to win you gotta drop your Rondo senses and get dem White Mamba senses going. Don't you know he's the real GOAT.

But yea Defense. Hope you have stamina.

My stamina is **** right now, I have to beat him fast or I'm done.

Shoot the 3 ball, and rush after every rebound.

benefits:
-you score more when you make it
-it negates his height advantage
-you can see where the rebound is going faster than he can on misses

Defensively, try to harass his dribble, and make him take jumpers

Ahh I've strayed away from the 3 game lately, im either completely off or on from there, and forget about 3s off the dribble.
Will be looking to create space and shoot inside.

lmao..play off his ass then. if you really got a good shot, put a right to left, hesitate forward and shoot. mix it up with a few drives, he'll be clueless

Lol will try.

Forfeit.

No thanks Simon

etkillah
01-30-2013, 12:48 PM
Sounds like he might be faster, but you have better agility while dribbling and ball control. Dribble low, quick steps, use his height against him, make him try to come down to your level when your dribbling. If you also have a good shot, quick dribble right, left, fake the drive to the lane, step back jumper.

Id say test his steps and agility and drive to the lane with your superior ball handling, if he can keep up with you to the hoop, then you might be screwed because he will def out rebound you, and with the height advantage and his poor shooting he will be humping the hoop all day.

Pure shooters will usually lose to inside scoring 90% of the time.

BradyBConner
01-30-2013, 01:08 PM
Sounds like he might be faster, but you have better agility while dribbling and ball control. Dribble low, quick steps, use his height against him, make him try to come down to your level when your dribbling. If you also have a good shot, quick dribble right, left, fake the drive to the lane, step back jumper.

Id say test his steps and agility and drive to the lane with your superior ball handling, if he can keep up with you to the hoop, then you might be screwed because he will def out rebound you, and with the height advantage and his poor shooting he will be humping the hoop all day.

Pure shooters will usually lose to inside scoring 90% of the time.

He can keep up, I know that much.

Feelsbadmane. We'll see what happens.

Gbpackback2back
01-30-2013, 01:16 PM
get the lead
"roll ankle"
????
Profit

CurryTech777
01-30-2013, 01:22 PM
shoot closer to the rim, sounds stupid but never take jumpers in 1v1 unless he is completely not guarding you. Height advantage factors more when shooting then in the paint (srs). Most blocks in basketball come from help defense not from guarding 1v1. 2 inches is basically nothing (nohomo)

LyonGaultier
01-30-2013, 01:28 PM
Show up in a wheel chair

http://ufclifestyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/paulpierece-wheelchair.gif

FryDude
01-30-2013, 01:50 PM
Get him to face me and I'll 100% spank him. You'll have to pay me the 20$ so you don't get embarassed.

Jrdath
01-30-2013, 02:59 PM
Make him settle for jump shots if he's that bad of a mid range shooter. Easier said than done though since he is faster and bigger than you. Hope you have enough stamina though or he'll wear you out eventually.