PDA

View Full Version : Why is baseball criticized for peds but not the nfl?

Future24
01-29-2013, 04:41 PM
www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/eye-on-baseball/21622526/ray-lewis-peds-and-a-double-standard

melanimal_old
01-29-2013, 05:32 PM
I think it comes down to baseball being the most statistical sport on the planet. The football records arent as heralded as baseball just because football is so young compared to baseball.

porcupinetree
01-29-2013, 05:38 PM
Because the NFL has done a much better job of covering it up.

I can tell you, I have inside info from people I know well who have been there: The NFL is very good at what they do. Coaches, trainers, players. They all work together. Everyone benifits.
I have to hand it to them.

But really, it's not that hard. Testing is a joke. If you know what you are doing, it's easy to beat.

Players from the 79 Steelers have admitted that they were on it. You think that was the first year it happened? You think it stopped since then?
It doesn't take a genius.

ajn
01-29-2013, 05:48 PM
baseball is more of an individual sport by nature than football. if one d-lineman on an NFL team is juicing, that won't directly affect the outcome of the game. if one player on the juice hits a 400-footer, that directly changes the game. PEDs in baseball challenge the legitimacy of the sport as a whole, of course people will pay more attention to the issue.