PDA

View Full Version : Eating 3100kcal for 3 months and have only gained 1lb

Lintford
01-29-2013, 12:16 AM
Am I overtraining?

I reached a peak of 172 but even though I've been eating pretty hard I've lost a couple pounds back down to 169.

Lifts have ALL increased, and I notice small visual improvements, however there have been one or two workouts where after I've felt like chit for the entire day after (lethargic, low appetite)

That being said I'm 5'9, 169lb, around 15%, used to be a fat fukk but metabolism was never a huge problem (I must have been eating at least 5-6k every day of junk)

What you guys think?

Edit - to clarify I'm aware of the stigma against overtraining. I'm not talking muscular overtraining, more CNS

unleashthelion
01-29-2013, 12:22 AM
I think that I became aroused at the idea of being able to eat 3100 calories a day, while my lifts were going up, and I was hoping to gain weight.

Congrats on the cut.

AlwaysTryin
01-29-2013, 12:41 AM
Not gaining weight?

Answer is simple...

mateusaraujo17
01-29-2013, 02:45 AM
Am I overtraining?

I reached a peak of 172 but even though I've been eating pretty hard I've lost a couple pounds back down to 169.

Lifts have ALL increased, and I notice small visual improvements, however there have been one or two workouts where after I've felt like chit for the entire day after (lethargic, low appetite)

That being said I'm 5'9, 169lb, around 15%, used to be a fat fukk but metabolism was never a huge problem (I must have been eating at least 5-6k every day of junk)

What you guys think?

Edit - to clarify I'm aware of the stigma against overtraining. I'm not talking muscular overtraining, more CNS

Your body arrived in the limit of gain muscular mass.

Eat more proteinas and low carbs , if you gain fat , your body arrived in the limit...

Pineappletrain
01-29-2013, 02:46 AM
Im not a explert here is just my theory.

Asuming your not a super cut bodybuilder with no body fat, my first theory would be, wile you are gaining muscle, you are also sheading fat, so the weight gain might not be very high since your also sheading weight as you are gaining it in muscle.

Another would be, what exactly are you doing in the gym, and also what exactly are you eating, to be honest its not so mutch about how many calories you take in, but what type of calories and fats and protein. Only time i think its important to count would be in maybe a fat loss diet. But othervise just use comon sense, eat healthy and often and normal size portions.

Now i can sometimes have a hard time eating after a workout, but i get my shake down and make sure to get food into me when i get home, right sorts of food ofc since that will help you get your energy back.

So the most likley is your maybe not eating or training right, now like i said im no expert but from the information you gave thats what i concluded :)

necon76
01-29-2013, 02:54 AM

Eat more proteinas and low carbs , if you gain fat , your body arrived in the limit...

Wat.

Im not a explert here is just my theory.

Asuming your not a super cut bodybuilder with no body fat, my first theory would be, wile you are gaining muscle, you are also sheading fat, so the weight gain might not be very high since your also sheading weight as you are gaining it in muscle.

Another would be, what exactly are you doing in the gym, and also what exactly are you eating, to be honest its not so mutch about how many calories you take in, but what type of calories and fats and protein. Only time i think its important to count would be in maybe a fat loss diet. But othervise just use comon sense, eat healthy and often and normal size portions.

Now i can sometimes have a hard time eating after a workout, but i get my shake down and make sure to get food into me when i get home, right sorts of food ofc since that will help you get your energy back.

So the most likley is your maybe not eating or training right, now like i said im no expert but from the information you gave thats what i concluded :)

Double wat.

Lintford
01-29-2013, 03:46 AM
Wat.

Double wat.

This

Thanks for the advice but at 170 I am not at my limit, and kcals do count. My macros tho are around 160-200 Pro, 350-400 Carbs and 70-100 fats. Track them on MFP

Oh yeah using PHAT

LJocci
01-29-2013, 05:38 AM

Plateau?

Saskwatch
01-29-2013, 06:29 AM
You would get the best advice if you posted your diet and routine. In absence of that though, I would guess you are not over training but that you need to eat more. Up your daily cals by 200 and monitor for two weeks then adjust accordingly.

Jorge18
01-29-2013, 06:35 AM
The answer seems pretty simple...you gotta eat more.

softpounder
01-29-2013, 06:46 AM
The answer seems pretty simple...you gotta eat more.

This. Reevaluate your TDEE and count your macros more accurately. Use a good scale.